Author Topic: Leprous - v. The Longer the Pitfalls  (Read 97367 times)

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Leprous - v. The Longer the Pitfalls
« Reply #910 on: October 09, 2021, 12:39:38 PM »
AOTY

I am sorry Leprous, after listening to DT - AVFTTOTW album, you´ve been dethroned.

The new DT album just keeps getting better.

:metal

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #911 on: October 09, 2021, 03:44:13 PM »
I think it might be time for a thread title change, no?  :biggrin:

Offline Lethean

« Reply #912 on: October 11, 2021, 09:37:16 PM »

I guess Leprous puts out new albums too fast for the thread title to keep up. :)

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #913 on: October 12, 2021, 03:47:14 AM »

I guess Leprous puts out new albums too fast for the thread title to keep up. :)

Before it gets changed, I'd like to ask again where this title comes from. I know their 2019 album is called Pitfalls, but is the thread name some kind of nod to Pain Of Salvation?
any rock can be made to roll

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #914 on: October 12, 2021, 06:49:18 AM »
Yes, it is.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #915 on: December 07, 2021, 03:48:25 AM »
Tonight I would have attended my very first Leprous show, but Vienna and all of Austria are in lockdown again  :'(

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #916 on: February 07, 2022, 05:18:45 PM »
Just noticed they are playing locally next month with The Ocean Collective.  Tentatively adding that to my concert list.  I'd totally go see them again even if I haven't been their biggest fan the last few albums.  Only reason it's not a lock is because I'll be road tripping to see Dream Theater the night before.  I may not have it in me, but I want to go now that I know about it.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #917 on: February 07, 2022, 10:45:22 PM »
Just noticed they are playing locally next month with The Ocean Collective.  Tentatively adding that to my concert list.  I'd totally go see them again even if I haven't been their biggest fan the last few albums.  Only reason it's not a lock is because I'll be road tripping to see Dream Theater the night before.  I may not have it in me, but I want to go now that I know about it.

You have to go!!! We went two years without concerts, don't miss anything you'll regret missing later  :)

Plus, they go through their whole dscography on the setlist, so even if you're not the biggest Aphelion fan (which I can't understand btw ;)) you'll get plenty of other material  :metal

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #918 on: February 08, 2022, 06:16:06 AM »
I'm thinking of going to. There's a local show on a Wednesday night I will try to make.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #919 on: February 08, 2022, 06:38:17 AM »
You guys are all lucky  :'( the guys had to cancel what would have been my first Leprous show last December in Vienna... it will now take place in August (hopefully  ::))

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #920 on: February 08, 2022, 07:08:19 AM »
You guys are all lucky  :'( the guys had to cancel what would have been my first Leprous show last December in Vienna... it will now take place in August (hopefully  ::))
I'd like to see them and the closest they are playing to me is Vienna. I doubt I'll travel twice in a span of few months and Porcupine Tree are touring then as well. And I saw Leporus twice already but PT never and if I don't maybe I'll never will.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #921 on: February 08, 2022, 07:38:52 AM »

You have to go!!! We went two years without concerts, don't miss anything you'll regret missing later  :)

Plus, they go through their whole dscography on the setlist, so even if you're not the biggest Aphelion fan (which I can't understand btw ;)) you'll get plenty of other material  :metal

I've gone to quite a few concerts since last June, I'm just generally not a big fan of thier overall work since Bilateral.  There's good songs scattered throughout for sure.  So it's not about Aphelion, more about my schedule as that time in March is going to be very busy.  I'd totally see them though, so if it it works out, great.  The NYC date is the same as the Dream Theater NJ show that I have a front row ticket for, so that's also out.  It's possible I see DT twice and completely miss out on Leprous from scheduling.

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #922 on: March 01, 2022, 03:40:07 PM »
US tours kicks today.

Anyone attending?

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #923 on: March 01, 2022, 03:47:23 PM »
US tours kicks today.

Anyone attending?

Got a ticket for next week. Probably wouldn't have went if The Ocean weren't opening tbh, but I dunno maybe they'll play Forced Entry this time. :P
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #924 on: March 01, 2022, 07:00:03 PM »
I would love to see The Ocean Collective, but Leprous not so much.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #925 on: March 02, 2022, 05:19:41 AM »
I would love to see The Ocean Collective, but Leprous not so much.

I saw the band while in Lima a couple years ago, those who hasn’t seen them perform live are missing a great opportunity, the band put a great show!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #926 on: March 02, 2022, 06:45:16 AM »
They're playing locally exactly a week from today, but I decided to skip the show. Maybe next time.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #927 on: March 02, 2022, 08:50:47 AM »
US tours kicks today.

Anyone attending?

I definitely would if I was living there. Leprous are the band I've seen live the most out of any band ever and they've been awesome every single time. Considering they don't visit the USA that often, I would recommend anyone to go!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #928 on: March 02, 2022, 08:53:31 AM »
US tours kicks today.

Anyone attending?

As long as I'm not too tired from seeing DT on Saturday in CT, I am planning on going to the show on Sunday in NJ.

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #929 on: March 02, 2022, 06:25:28 PM »
Mason, please report back as soon as you can, I want to know how the show was

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #930 on: March 03, 2022, 09:22:53 AM »
I went to see The Ocean much more than Leprous.  They’ve been going down hill since Bilateral.  They seem to be an excuse for Einar to high sing Aaaahh-aah-AAAAAAAHHH in fifty different songs.

The Ocean was awesome, worth the price I paid, just wish we could have gotten a longer set.  Leprous put on a good show, it was only the second stop on the tour and Einar was quite funny and entertaining during the three or four unscheduled stops in the action due to iPad issues.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #931 on: March 07, 2022, 12:47:52 PM »
Saw Leprous last night... and basically no one was there.  500 person capacity venue and you could just walk right up to the stage and have plenty of space.  I thought maybe there were 100 people in the building combined between staff and fans, but by the time Leprous took the stage, it may have been around 50 people watching them. 

So I stood right up front

I could basically play the keys or change all the guitar pedals if I wanted to  :lol Made for a pretty intimate experience, but honestly, it looked like the band just wanted to be out of there.  Einar did make one comment about never thinking he'd be in Asbury Park which is kind of funny and maybe true, but kind of felt like a shot to the no crowd.  Every other comment between songs was about how the last few years sucked.  He also dedicated Castaway Angels to his Ukrainian girlfriend.

They sounded great.  Pretty awesome performance.  I was so close I could actually hear the tuning of the strings between songs and the clicking of the foot pad during songs.  It looked like the band did give a good performance regardless of what they may have said or the vibe I was kind of feeling.  Einar really can hit those high notes, and seemingly with ease.  THe cellist was great, I thought that was just a thing for the Malina tour, so was a bit surprised and happy to see him again.  That ups their live show so much.  Also, loved how everyone would play the keys at different points.  The band is clearly very talented.  And of course, can't not say how good Baard is.  He's just a beast.

So since there wasn't much people up front, I got a set list from the roadie after the band left the stage.  The setlist (which I could see in front of me before they even started) ended up having two more songs on it than they performed.  The same roadie told me they had some technical issues with the guitars and had to drop songs.  This was very interesting because I had noticed the guitarist in front of me, but also the bassist, constantly tuning their guitars.  (I even mentioned how clearly I could hear them do it between songs) Also, during these times it wasn't like the room was quiet.  Einar and the cellist were constantly playing soft music.  I actually thought these were all little interludes between the songs, maybe they weren't?  Anyway, what sucked the most was that without those two songs, the 10 song set was almost exclusively songs from the last two albums, which I don't love (I finally got Aphelion last week to check out before the show).

Either way, cool concert.  I was pretty tired from Dream Theater the night before, but glad I went.  $25 at the door, saw Leprous from the front row, got a setlist... oh and moved back to capture a couple songs as well!

Leprous - The Silent Revelation LIVE @ House of Independents Asbury Park NJ 3/6/2022

Leprous - From the Flame LIVE @ House of Independents Asbury Park NJ 3/6/2022

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #932 on: March 07, 2022, 12:54:29 PM »
Sad that so many didn't show up but hey, you almost got a private concert.  :)

Baard is a monster!  :metal
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #933 on: March 07, 2022, 01:04:38 PM »
Haven't been to a concert since Covid started and I stopped missing it. But those videos whet my appetite  :metal

Offline Kram

« Reply #934 on: March 07, 2022, 01:34:49 PM »
Sad to hear such a talented band gets such a small turnout. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #935 on: March 07, 2022, 01:58:34 PM »
I don't know what the rest of their tour looks like but I know they are in NYC this week.  That venue is about 90 minutes north of where they played and this spot isn't the most accessible if you don't have a car.  I've only seen one other concert there, Amaranthe.  Also, no one showed up.  The town is definitely a music oriented town with a few venues and lots of artsy things in the area.  But I think this is a dead area for this type of music.  Too far from NYC or Philly to draw in a crowd for music that's not too popular and foreign.  Does suck.  When they coheadlined with Haken, the 500 person capacity venue in NYC was sold out. 

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #936 on: March 07, 2022, 06:23:23 PM »
It sucks they haven't gotten some of the technical issues straightened.  Einar commented that the Pittsburgh crowd was bigger than he thought because there were two tiers above that he didn't notice until the middle of the set. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #937 on: March 07, 2022, 06:41:32 PM »
But those videos whet my appetite  :metal

I usually use my Panasonic camera at concerts (and did for The Ocean footage I got) but since I was so close, figured let me use my phone and record in 4k. These videos came out very nice, I may do this again for future shows where I can get close without feeling trampled

It sucks they haven't gotten some of the technical issues straightened.  Einar commented that the Pittsburgh crowd was bigger than he thought because there were two tiers above that he didn't notice until the middle of the set. 

I'd imagine most spots will have better crowds, there was a 2nd tier to this venue as well. 

Here's my full video from the show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAcxUjUf0dE includes lots of The Ocean and both my up close and from the back views of Leprous

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #938 on: March 08, 2022, 07:20:19 PM »
I was also at the DT show in Connecticut on Saturday and the Leprous show in Asbury Park, NJ, on Sunday. And I also got Leprous setlist, lol. I was bummed to see such a small crowd for such a great band, but I thought they sounded terrific. It was my first time seeing them. Einar has an amazing voice and sounds as great live as he does on the albums. And Baard is a beast! My only disappointment is that they didn't play "At the Bottom," which is my favorite song by them. Anyway, the intimacy of the show will always stay with me. It was like they were performing a private show for my friends and I. I loved it. They deserve better, but I loved it.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #939 on: March 09, 2022, 07:55:28 AM »
I was also at the DT show in Connecticut on Saturday and the Leprous show in Asbury Park, NJ, on Sunday.

wtf  :lol you must have been right next to me then (for Leprous) and you should have met up with the rest of us DTF folks for DT

Offline Lethean

« Reply #940 on: March 11, 2022, 09:30:59 AM »
After watching the video, I don't know if you could really say that they didn't want to be there.  Einar is kind of awkward with the talking between songs and I think it would be better if he did less of it, so maybe he was a little annoyed that the crowd was small or maybe he was just awkward coming up with something to say.  I've seen them a lot (sometimes with the same small size crowd) and their body language pretty much looked the same in the video as usual.  Though it's certainly possible you just picked out the best clips.  It looked like they were giving a great show though.

Asbury Park has always seemed weird when I've seen shows there.  It's right on the ocean it should be a great destination but it just seems run down.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #941 on: March 11, 2022, 02:30:42 PM »
After watching the video, I don't know if you could really say that they didn't want to be there.  Einar is kind of awkward with the talking between songs and I think it would be better if he did less of it, so maybe he was a little annoyed that the crowd was small or maybe he was just awkward coming up with something to say.  I've seen them a lot (sometimes with the same small size crowd) and their body language pretty much looked the same in the video as usual.  Though it's certainly possible you just picked out the best clips.  It looked like they were giving a great show though.

Asbury Park has always seemed weird when I've seen shows there.  It's right on the ocean it should be a great destination but it just seems run down.

Asbury Park used to be a big beach town and went downhill and turned into a legit ghost town.  Then it started coming back like 20 years ago.   It's an interesting spot.

The comment about them not wantng to be there may not be something you can see in the video, just the vibe in the room.  The performance was still great, can't knock that at all.  I'm glad I went because I was a little so so that afternoon on it.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #942 on: March 12, 2022, 09:22:49 PM »
Saw them tonight in Carrboro. I'd say the turnout here was solid -- they played the same venue when they were coheadlining with Haken a few years back and the crowd size wasnt much smaller tonight

Fantastic show. There was a great energy from everyone in the band. It was my third time seeing them, and I think tonight might have been my favorite. Only disappointment was that they didnt play The Cloak, which is a favorite of mine and one I see they've played elsewhere on the tour.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #943 on: March 13, 2022, 05:20:10 AM »
How much is the setlist changing from one show to the next on this tour?

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #944 on: March 13, 2022, 07:30:17 AM »
Looks like they're tweaking one song at a time. When I saw them in NYC on Wednesday they subbed in Have You Ever for Running Low, and that change seems to have  stuck for the following shows.
Photobucket sucks.