Author Topic: Question about embargo on New Album  (Read 5852 times)

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
Re: Question about embargo on New Album
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2011, 10:51:24 PM »
couldn't we at least have a thread to discuss the album in, or maybe even a thread for each song? People who haven't listened wouldn't go into them obviously (unless they want to be spoiled).

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2011, 10:53:30 PM »
Uh, in Australia, apparently JB Hi-Fi is selling on the 9th of September. Can anyone else confirm this?

Well it says it on the site, so we'll see what happens when we all walk into JB on the 9th! :biggrin: (I don't pre-order anything)
And we're not the only place to have a release date of the 9th, are we? I recall there was at least another country that did too.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2011, 03:21:52 AM »
Hey, the 9th is my birthday, so you non-Blob Aussies can listen in my honor.  And then not talk about it whatsoever for a few days lol.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline MirzekDT

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2011, 04:27:49 AM »
Here in Slovakia I'm seeing 9th September release everywhere too. Hopefully it's true and not just some mistake I'm definitely going to try pick it up in store on 9th Sept.

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2011, 04:38:39 AM »
I get it on the 9th from buying the boxset. They are sending me an MP3.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2011, 07:14:31 AM »
Here in Slovakia I'm seeing 9th September release everywhere too. Hopefully it's true and not just some mistake I'm definitely going to try pick it up in store on 9th Sept.

What day of the week are albums traditionally released in your country?  Tuesday is the traditional day in the US for CD's, DVD's, and video games (I know there is a reason for it being Tuesday but I don't care to look it up); and movies are usually released on Fridays (to maximize first weekend profit before hype dies down and to try to stay ahead of bad reviews).

So, whatever day CD's are usually released in your country is probably when this album will be released.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2011, 07:07:23 PM »
Hey, the 9th is lonestar's birthday, so you non-Blob Aussies can listen in his honor.  And then not talk about it whatsoever for a few days lol.
Why thanks hef, that's very considerate of you.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 07:13:04 PM by lonestar »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2011, 07:19:28 PM »
 :tup
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2011, 07:26:01 PM »

What day of the week are albums traditionally released in your country?  Tuesday is the traditional day in the US for CD's, DVD's, and video games (I know there is a reason for it being Tuesday but I don't care to look it up); and movies are usually released on Fridays (to maximize first weekend profit before hype dies down and to try to stay ahead of bad reviews).

So, whatever day CD's are usually released in your country is probably when this album will be released.
Here In Poland new music albums are always coming out on friday's, so probably in Slovakia also, we are not so far and neighbours so I think it's the same there as here ;) Every sign on earth in heaven shows that ADTOE will be here in Poland on 9th of September, besides that's what JLB said live in Katowice during On The Backs Of Angels. SO, I'm even hopin that I could find ADTOE a few days earlier than it is planned, that happened with BC&SL... It was in polish stores few days before release :) I think the reason was that shops simply doesn't knew the release date, but they got the brand new bunch of CD's so they dropped it on a sell line ;)

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2011, 07:38:22 PM »
Logic would dictate that it's okay to discuss the album when A) you have a physical copy of it in your hand - or B) your download of it from iTunes or any other online store has finished. :facepalm:

Also great news if I can grab a copy of this on the 9th, I didn't know it would be available before the 12th or 13th anywhere. Awesome :tup

Offline TheKillingHand

« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2011, 06:03:47 AM »
Should be out on the 9th here in Ireland too..releases have always been the Friday before. Only 5 days away  :o

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2011, 06:04:34 AM »
Should be out on the 9th here in Ireland too..releases have always been the Friday before. Only 5 days away  :o
:metal :metal :metal This!!! Poland too! SO close  :metal :metal :metal :corn :corn :corn

Offline champbassist

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2011, 04:46:23 AM »
Any links to international release dates? I have no idea as to when it's releasing in India. It's probably irrelevant as the CDs will likely come in from some other country. On a separate note, the Japanese release date seems to be the earliest of all: 7th of September.

Offline KISS 76

« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2011, 05:32:53 AM »
Any links to international release dates? I have no idea as to when it's releasing in India. It's probably irrelevant as the CDs will likely come in from some other country. On a separate note, the Japanese release date seems to be the earliest of all: 7th of September.

Actually, I just checked my Japanese order & its showing SHIPPED!!!!! Awesome!

Offline TheKillingHand

« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2011, 03:36:02 PM »
Wooot just to be sure I asked in HMV today about ATDOE's release date and they said it will definitely be on the shelves this Friday!!  :o This is gonna be the slowest week ever..

Offline The Silent Cody

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2011, 06:40:14 PM »
It's Tuesday... just about three days from now I'll be in shop for my ADTOE!! :)