Author Topic: Quick Drum question..  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
Quick Drum question..
« on: October 03, 2011, 04:06:32 PM »
.. im kind of embarassed to ask this question considering how long i have been playing... but its been bothering me lately... how do you get the bass drum to stay level and not have the end of the foot pedal be lifted in the air? like the heel of the pedal is lifted from the weight of the drums.. its happened ever since I put it on a little bit softer of a rug. any ideas?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Quick Drum question..
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 04:18:20 PM »
Wait...what?  Pics, please. 

Are you talking about the bass drum itself being level, or are you talking about the pedal?  The front clip on your pedal should clamp onto the rim of your bass drum, which will slightly elevate the back of the bass drum.  But you use the spurs on the front of the bass drum to slightly elevate the front to keep it level (or to give it an angle if you want an angle).  Does yours not have spurs?  (if you don't know what I'm talking about, see the little legs on either side of the front of the bass drum in this pic:  https://www.guitarcenter.com/Pearl-Sound-Check-5-piece-Drum-Set-with-Zildjian-Cymbals-560065-i1556269.gc )  If that's not what you are talking about, post  pic so I can figure it out.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 04:43:22 PM »
see the Heel part of the foot pedal? you cant tell but its elevated and the the bass drum is pushing down on the front of it. ive tried adjust spurs but the pedal stays the sameish. it still is a bit elevated. right now i have it so its the least lifted.

Offline MetropolisxPt1

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 09:58:58 PM »
i used to have the same problem with my IC i just loosened the clamp onto the hoop and it leveled out

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 10:09:15 PM »
mines basicly 100% loose =/

Offline Obfuscation

• “"You are my creator, but I am your master; Obey!”
  • Google It
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 11:24:25 PM »
Try clamping closer to the edge of the rim of the bass drum instead of clamping as much of the rim as you can.
“Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.”

Offline MetropolisxPt1

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 03:24:29 PM »
Try clamping closer to the edge of the rim of the bass drum instead of clamping as much of the rim as you can.
This. i should have mentioned my pedal has my pedal doesnt go all the way to the back of the clamp this should fix your problem

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 04:37:16 PM »
Ive tried clamping it all different ways.. its currrently back to how i had it which is the least amount of lift. i guess ill just put a thin piece of wood underneath the drum.. thank you all tho