Author Topic: I need itunes version 10.1 but my cpu doesn't have the system requirements!  (Read 1056 times)

Offline senecadawg2

So i just got an iphone 3gs. I try to sync it to the itunes on my computer but I get the message: "The Iphone requires itunes version 10.1 or later"

So I go to download the newest itunes but it requires Mac OS X 10.5 or better and my computer is Mac OS X 10.4.11

So the question is this: can I download an older version of itunes on my Mac OS X 10.4.11 without having to upgrade a whole new operating system? I don't need or even want the newest itunes, just something that will work with my Iphone. No matter what search I try it keeps taking me to download the newest itunes, which I can't download.

Anyone else ever experience this? Any free solutions?
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
I assume it costs money to upgrade your OS?
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline senecadawg2

yes. so I want to get a newer, but not newest, version of itunes without changing my OS

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
Wait what's the current version of itunes it's trying to download? Because if 10.1 is the newest version you'll either have to upgrade it or get a different program that can sync with iphones (I don't even know if these exist).

Offline senecadawg2

I have version 9.2. i need 10.1 and the newest one is 10.4. I don't know if I will need to upgrade my OS to download 10.1 (if i could find it). I'm just trying to download a version new enough to use my iphone on it. But not so new that I will need to upgrade my OS

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
Well, I found this: https://www.oldapps.com/itunes.php

Though it looks like it only has windows versions...

Offline senecadawg2

Ahh yeah, looks like its only windows. Thanks anyways

Offline tjanuranus

there are others for the mac but seriously 10.4? Since they don't even sell Leopard 10.5 anymore..... Can't hurt to find it online..... But If you want to upgrade to snow leopard it's only 30 bucks and worth it but it sounds like you probably have a power pc computer, might be wrong. There are always old, out dated versions of OS's online.