Author Topic: Gibson Guitar Corp. Facilities Raided By the Federal Government  (Read 1267 times)

Offline RedKlouD72

• DT.net Veteran
Yeah, this one leaves me dumbfounded.  Just go here https://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/gibson-0825-2011/

Gibson got raided :yarr

I've heard some speculation regarding political reasons for this happening as well.
Ludicrously speedy or infectious with the slow-mo

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Re: Gibson Guitar Corp. Facilities Raided By the Federal Government
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 08:01:42 PM »
Michele Bachmann was promised her own "Michelenbacher" signature bass from Rickenbacker in exchange for fucking with Gibson?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 08:06:14 PM »
lolwut
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline RedKlouD72

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 09:47:24 PM »
Michele Bachmann was promised her own "Michelenbacher" signature bass from Rickenbacker in exchange for fucking with Gibson?

Ha  Ha   Hahahaha.   :lol     This would be an even more plausible theory if you accused Mike Huckabee.
Ludicrously speedy or infectious with the slow-mo

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 09:53:11 PM »
he said wood haha
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 10:33:17 PM »
I've heard some speculation regarding political reasons for this happening as well.

Appears to be another silly-ass implementation of the Lacey Act.  In theory, a perfectly understandable law to deter poaching,  but for some reason it tends to be enforced in very stupid ways.  Cases like this pop up from time to time, instigated by the DOJ of either party.  This certainly seems like a silly and pointless prosecution, but unfortunately those aren't exclusive to any particular ideological assholes.   The people who are insisting that this is Obama cracking down on companies that didn't pay up are every bit as stupid as they sound. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 06:16:42 AM »
The best is the wackjob in the comments somehow finding a way to compare this to 9/11 and it being a government conspiracy that destroyed the pentagon, not the act of terrorists.  WTF??

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 07:42:16 AM »

Appears to be another silly-ass implementation of the Lacey Act.  In theory, a perfectly understandable law to deter poaching,  but for some reason it tends to be enforced in very stupid ways.  Cases like this pop up from time to time, instigated by the DOJ of either party.  This certainly seems like a silly and pointless prosecution, but unfortunately those aren't exclusive to any particular ideological assholes.   The people who are insisting that this is Obama cracking down on companies that didn't pay up are every bit as stupid as they sound. 

Yeah, I read about this a few days ago and I couldn't help but think that the DoJ must have something better to do than to make sure a company's foreign wood supply checked all the regulation boxes.  Seems more like a show of force to get other companies to watch out rather than a legitimate attempt to curtail lawbreaking.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 08:15:07 AM »
humbucker!
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 05:22:33 PM »

Yeah, I read about this a few days ago and I couldn't help but think that the DoJ must have something better to do than to make sure a company's foreign wood supply checked all the regulation boxes.  Seems more like a show of force to get other companies to watch out rather than a legitimate attempt to curtail lawbreaking.

If I had to take a guess, It'd be that somebody called 800-TIPS (Leo Fender,  I'm looking in your direction),  and once the DOJ decides to crawl up your ass, it's almost impossible to get it out.  I suppose a vendetta from somebody inside is a possibility, wouldn't be the first time,  but over-zealousness seems like a much more likely scenario.  Uncle Sammy doesn't like to admit when he made a mistake,  so getting a conviction, any conviction, makes it all seem like he done good. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson