Author Topic: Steve Jobs Resigns?  (Read 8383 times)

Offline tjanuranus

Re: Steve Jobs Resigns?
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2011, 12:15:51 AM »
:-[ I'm sorry, I don't want to be a part of this. I never intended to start anything by saying that its mainstream or anything.  :'(
Lets all be friends.  :smiley:

I'm not denying that apple is a mainstream company, although when i first got into them they were the FAr from a mainstream company but that just speaks to the success of Steve Jobs.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2011, 12:16:53 AM »
:corn
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline wammabe

« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2011, 12:18:26 AM »
:-[ I'm sorry, I don't want to be a part of this. I never intended to start anything by saying that its mainstream or anything.  :'(

I'm not denying that apple is a mainstream company, although when i first got into them they were the FAr from a mainstream company but that just speaks to the success of Steve Jobs.

Does that mean we're all best friends now? I think that's what Steve Jobs would want.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2011, 12:19:08 AM »
Let's see i'm a fan of people who play a game for a living, that's so much better than people who have dedicated their whole lives to computer science, technology and the advancement of the human race.

Calm down. You're talking about Apple being your life's goal, and being passionate about them, and that they better your existence, and now you've got Steve fucking Jobs as your avatar. If you don't want to call it worship, fair enough, but that's the most diplomatic way I could word it. I didn't mean it to offend. No need to go off at everyone and double posting like we've just made threats to your family or something.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2011, 12:19:08 AM »

Ihug?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2011, 12:19:11 AM »
Jesus christ guys, why does TJ have to constantly have a barrage of insults hurled at him?

Apple isn't some random company that no one likes, it's one of the most popular companies in the world, how is it possibly shocking that he supports it?

Here in DTF, we don't like mainstream.

that's ironic because a lot of people here like google products and microsoft products. YEah, REAL out of the mainstream.

There's a difference between liking/using a company's products, and worshipping a company's products.

YEah nobody worships any products on here. WTF are you talking about? I don't worship ANYTHING. But i believe in things and support/ root for things. Like i root for my sports teams and i'm passionate about them but worship? Give me a break.
If I were to become as passionate about my phone/computer/any other product as I am about the Packers, I'd hope my friends would slap me for going off the deep end.

As if being a fan of a GAME is any better than being a fan of people who actual better your existence? Makes NO sense.
I suppose it's more 'acceptable' to be a fan of a game because its primary purpose is to invoke competition. I guess that's neither here nor there, though. My question is... Why does a product better your existence in the first place? I like the think my existence is what I make of it, not what some company tells me THEY can make of it.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2011, 12:22:24 AM »

Does that mean we're all best friends now? I think that's what Steve Jobs would want.

I wouldn't say ALL best friends.

Offline wammabe

« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2011, 12:26:31 AM »
:-[ I'm sorry, I don't want to be a part of this. I never intended to start anything by saying that its mainstream or anything.  :'(
Lets all be friends.  :smiley:

Ok, but we still have Dream Theater, and at the end, that's what this is all about. We're all a big family united by this wonderful band and we need to learn to love each other.

:-[ I'm sorry, I don't want to be a part of this. I never intended to start anything by saying that its mainstream or anything.  :'(

Ihug?

:rollin

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2011, 12:27:04 AM »
Jesus christ guys, why does TJ have to constantly have a barrage of insults hurled at him?

Apple isn't some random company that no one likes, it's one of the most popular companies in the world, how is it possibly shocking that he supports it?

Here in DTF, we don't like mainstream.

that's ironic because a lot of people here like google products and microsoft products. YEah, REAL out of the mainstream.

There's a difference between liking/using a company's products, and worshipping a company's products.

YEah nobody worships any products on here. WTF are you talking about? I don't worship ANYTHING. But i believe in things and support/ root for things. Like i root for my sports teams and i'm passionate about them but worship? Give me a break.
If I were to become as passionate about my phone/computer/any other product as I am about the Packers, I'd hope my friends would slap me for going off the deep end.

As if being a fan of a GAME is any better than being a fan of people who actual better your existence? Makes NO sense.
I suppose it's more 'acceptable' to be a fan of a game because its primary purpose is to invoke competition. I guess that's neither here nor there, though. My question is... Why does a product better your existence in the first place? I like the think my existence is what I make of it, not what some company tells me THEY can make of it.

All technology improves your existence from the wheel to the car to the airplay, computer, etc.... For instance it's because of technology that I met my wife. So a tech company is important to me for more than one reason.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2011, 12:27:43 AM »
I like the think my existence is what I make of it, not what some company tells me THEY can make of it.

QFT, i really can't understand rhat. rofl at the iHug

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2011, 12:30:23 AM »

Ok, but we still have Dream Theater, and at the end, that's what this is all about. We're all a big family united by this wonderful band and we need to learn to love each other.

Ihug?

Dt fan since 95. That's the reason i joined this board and i'll be a DT fan until i die as I will probably be an Apple Fan until I die (or some other CEO ruins it ) and i'll be a fain of all 3 sports teams i root for until i'm a corpse. It's good to be passionate about things in life, well I believe it is anyway.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2011, 12:36:25 AM »
Also I'm putting him up as my avatar out of respect. The man is resigning basically because he's going to die in the near future. He's not dead i know that but if he can't even do his job because of his health and he's battled cancer and almost died twice it doesn't look good. I know this whole thing is funny to a lot of people on here, evident by this thread but I don't find it all that amusing.

Offline wammabe

« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2011, 12:41:47 AM »
Ok, now people. Think about it like this, do you really think that you can convince TJ to dislike Steve Jobs or apple any time soon?? Its like me trying to convince you to dislike Dream Theater. I know what you guys are going to say: "BUT WAMMABE, ITS NOT THE SAME!!!!! DT HAS PETRUCCI!!!", and you're probably right.

Anyways, we need to fill this thread with love and wonders! I don't like apple that much but TJ does, and if I get into an argument with him, bosk is going to lock this thread up, or worse, TJ and I won't be best friends anymore!

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2011, 12:43:10 AM »
Its like me trying to convince you to dislike Dream Theater.
Oh, you're new here. :lol
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Adami

« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2011, 12:43:25 AM »

Sadly I don't think you'd have a whole lot of trouble with that.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2011, 12:46:51 AM »
I don't really care about this. I mean, it definitely comes as no surprise, after all. Also, while I like using Apple products, I don't find their products flawless nor do I worship the company since I find some of their actions/strategies a bit questionable.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline wammabe

« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2011, 12:48:08 AM »

... :blush I'm a bit confused...

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2011, 12:48:29 AM »
Ok, now people. Think about it like this, do you really think that you can convince TJ to dislike Steve Jobs or apple any time soon?? Its like me trying to convince you to dislike Dream Theater.
Nobody's trying to convince him to dislike anything.

Obviously, there's nothing wrong with being a fan of something. But which response is going to receive more criticism?
Friend: You play WoW? Haha, you have no life.
Me: Hey, it's fun. Different folks, different strokes.

Friend: You play Wow? Haha, you have no life.
Me: Are you serious? Blizzard's a multi-billion dollar company that revolutionized the industry. WoW offers more features than any other game; I don't even see a point in playing anything else. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go apply my Blizzard bumper sticker.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2011, 12:50:57 AM »
alright but i don't think anything thinks they are perfect or worships them here.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2011, 12:53:55 AM »
alright but i don't think anything thinks they are perfect or worships them here.
No, but most think you do. And honestly, the way you react to the posts about Apple, whether they're joke or otherwise, it's kinda hard not to think that way.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2011, 12:57:07 AM »
When did I EVER say Apple was a perfect company? If you can show me that..... I'll  :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy For eternity.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2011, 12:59:10 AM »
When did I EVER say Apple was a perfect company? If you can show me that..... I'll  :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy For eternity.
When did he say you said Apple was a perfect company?

Offline Adami

« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2011, 01:02:52 AM »
Apple is a perfect company. Let it be know that I speak as the prophet of the one true god, Steve Jobs. Jobs has existed for as long as the earth has spun. The name Jobs is actually a modified version of the name Job, which Steve took on early in his life as a sign of solidarity toward the great biblical sufferer. Steve has always scorned god for taking away his legs when he took the form of the snake in the garden of Eden. Even then, Steve wanted nothing more than for mankind to be as advanced as possible. He told Eve to eat the apple, for her own benefit. God then punished Steve the snake for simply wanting to further the evolution of mankind. When Steve finally rose to power in the 1970's and 80's, he realized that he must now use his fame as huge middle finger to god by naming his product Apple, after the fruit he was punished for offering to Eve. Steve continued to help the world in whatever ways possible, through technological enhancement, invention and renovation. He chose myself, Tjanuranus as his prophet and voice and I speak his divine word. Turn away from god, and turn toward Steve Jobs. Hail.

See? I managed to save this before you edited it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2011, 01:04:01 AM »
Oh my god.

Oh.

My.

God.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2011, 01:05:00 AM »
:rollin :rollin :rollin

Edit of the year!

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2011, 01:29:06 AM »
This board is going to lead me to a most joyous and brutal suicide.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2011, 01:50:10 AM »
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 02:28:17 AM by black_floyd »
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2011, 02:00:46 AM »
Yeah, I think that was a little uncalled for.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • şağ besta sem guğ hefur skapağ er nır dagur
« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2011, 03:15:53 AM »

... :blush I'm a bit confused...
They were just trying to tell you that some users' music tastes have, in between joining the forum and now, ventured away from DT and/or progressive metal in general. But because this forum is so awesome they still post here. :)
(I'm one of them)

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2011, 04:13:53 AM »
Ok... after reading through this.... I have a few things to say...

While I may be anti apple to the bone... (mainly for the lolz to be honest... ) I still respect it and acknowledge the fact that they are doing something right

TJ, you on this board with apple is how I am IRL around my friends with DT... the resident go to guy. I think of you as a fan boy (for the lolz ) but I also respect it. We have had at least one conversation on twitter about apple and shit... and i have yet to find a reason to bash you... and I cant... just look at your avatar! 

and does /did Steve Jobs only make a dollar per year or whatever in for his salary?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2011, 07:41:25 AM »
Guys. So what if TJ's a fanboy. So what? Big fucking whoop. It's not a big deal, and no one should really have any problem with it.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2011, 08:31:40 AM »
Yeah, I think that was a little uncalled for.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2011, 08:33:18 AM »
Ok... after reading through this.... I have a few things to say...

While I may be anti apple to the bone... (mainly for the lolz to be honest... ) I still respect it and acknowledge the fact that they are doing something right

TJ, you on this board with apple is how I am IRL around my friends with DT... the resident go to guy. I think of you as a fan boy (for the lolz ) but I also respect it. We have had at least one conversation on twitter about apple and shit... and i have yet to find a reason to bash you... and I cant... just look at your avatar! 

and does /did Steve Jobs only make a dollar per year or whatever in for his salary?

For that.. you get this.

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2011, 08:51:15 AM »
lol
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2011, 08:52:40 AM »
I knew there would be a shitstorm here.
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?