Author Topic: Steve Jobs Resigns?  (Read 8385 times)

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Steve Jobs Resigns?
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2011, 06:31:10 PM »
Oh I thought it was tjinmyanus
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2011, 06:32:14 PM »
Oh I thought it was tjinmyanus

Get your hands on the iPad 3 before its official public release and I'm sure you could make that happen :eyebrows:
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2011, 06:33:04 PM »
:rollin :rollin :rollin

oh god
I AM A GUY
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

• DT.net Member
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2011, 06:35:26 PM »
:rollin :rollin :rollin

oh god

Post-coital colostomy bag pics or it didn't happen.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline juice

• om nom nom
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2011, 08:24:58 PM »
Say what you will, Jobs is a damn smart guy and genius marketer. Some of us techy people complain their stuff is over priced and this and that, but to the masses he knew exactly what he was doing.

Also, he gave one of the best speeches I've ever seen: https://youtu.be/UF8uR6Z6KLc

I had to watch that and write an essay about it for my English class last semester.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2011, 08:56:23 PM »
The wording of his resignation letter implies that he's very sick.

It's not like we didn't already know this.

We did, but he said that he is "unfortunately" unable to continue as CEO.
Yeah, this suggested sicker than we already though, to me.  This will make him the third addition to my 2012 list in the last month.

As for it's effect on Apple,  the company will continue to do exactly what it's doing now.  His loss won't change their future growth and development, which he's probably already outlined for the next 20 years.  Jobs is much, much more important from the cult leader standpoint.  People will still buy iPads,  but we'll see a huge decrease in the Apple zombies that rush out to buy every new upgrade. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2011, 09:04:58 PM »
It also wouldn't be fair to not point out that he and Wozniak are easily among the very top of people responsible for the state of technology today.  I had an Apple II,  and it was genuinely revolutionary.  Gates might have become somewhat synonymous with personal computers,  but that's based largely on the work of Jobs and Woz.  This is independent of his creation of the Apple cult,  which is almost equally extraordinary.  I can't stand Apple,  but I really have to admire an organization that invented a great deal of what we use today,  got absolutely obliterated by bigger dogs,  and came back 15 years later with a model for the future that surpassed all of those who crushed him way back when.  The man really is a genuine visionary.  
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2011, 09:09:41 PM »
Looks like Steve Jobs is out of a job.  

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2011, 09:10:46 PM »
Looks like Steve Jobs is out of a job
...except he's still chairman.
I AM A GUY

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2011, 10:03:32 PM »
Ok sorry I'm late but I was at school all day studying for my final. Fist I'd like to say its a sad day for two reasons. To me the most amazing CEO of our generation has stepped down. Now others may not agree and others would argue for bill gates and that's fine it's just my opinion. We lost the most important person on the biggest tech company In the world today and someone that I was aiming to work for. But the real sad thing is that he's doing this because of his health. It's quite possible he may not have many years left and that's a depressing thing to see one of heros face his mortality. Reminds me of my own and that's always a downer. I have faith on Tim cook because Steve does so here's to another decade of great apple products!

Also I sold my apple stock 3 weeks ago once I made a good amount of money. So this doesn't affect me in that way.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2011, 10:16:19 PM »
To me the most amazing CEO of our generation has stepped down.
:rollin

We lost the most important person on the biggest tech company In the world today and someone that I was aiming to work for.

here's to another decade of great apple products!

yeah that's like real cool man

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Love ya tj and thanks for the math help the other night :D
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2011, 10:17:45 PM »
lol
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline wammabe

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2011, 10:33:11 PM »
To all of our loyal fans and zombies: It is with profound sadness -- regret -- we announce that Steve Jobs, our lifelong CEO and friend, has decided to leave Apple. Steve's stature in the company has meant the world to all of us professionally, technologically, and personally over the years. There is no dispute: Steve has been a major force within this company.

While it is true that Steve is choosing to pursue other ventures and challenges, we can assure you that Apple will continue to move forward with the same intensity -- and in the same inovative tradition -- that you have all helped make so successful, and which is truly gratifying to us.

Fans and zombies: As planned, we begin switching our CEO's in August 2011, and we'll follow that with a full-on world party, "The Spirit Carries On".

All of us in Apple wholeheartedly wish Steve the best on his technological journey. We have had a long and meaningful career together. It is our true hope that he finds all he is looking for, and that he achieves the happiness he deserves. He will be missed.

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2011, 10:36:01 PM »
Damn, I was expecting something better.
I AM A GUY

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2011, 10:41:56 PM »
o snap

i just had a brainwave

so apple needs a ceo

and someone wants to be a billionaire someday

wheres colin?

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2011, 10:42:32 PM »
I thought we had that covered already.
I AM A GUY

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2011, 10:51:54 PM »
To me the most amazing CEO of our generation has stepped down.

We lost the most important person on the biggest tech company In the world today and someone that I was aiming to work for.

here's to another decade of great apple products!

yeah that's like real cool man

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2011, 10:53:01 PM »
oh no i feel offended please help me god

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2011, 10:53:23 PM »
Jesus christ guys, why does TJ have to constantly have a barrage of insults hurled at him?

Apple isn't some random company that no one likes, it's one of the most popular companies in the world, how is it possibly shocking that he supports it?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

• DT.net Member
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2011, 10:57:34 PM »
Are we gonna get our first ascii-initiated warning on DTF  :corn

Offline wammabe

« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2011, 10:57:47 PM »
Jesus christ guys, why does TJ have to constantly have a barrage of insults hurled at him?

Apple isn't some random company that no one likes, it's one of the most popular companies in the world, how is it possibly shocking that he supports it?

Here in DTF, we don't like mainstream.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2011, 10:59:15 PM »
I thought SPNKr was being pretty kind actually. He could have also laughed at the stupidity of calling Jobs a hero.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2011, 11:04:53 PM »
i meant no disrespect to tj, i just happened to be the first to laugh at some things he wrote and i was being a douche for fun. just like anyone else can that simply inserts a ":rollin" wherever and is hated on, but yeah it's not a big deal. i actually lol'd at the finger he gave me. i hope nobody got angry, no point.

actually blob that hero part was hilarious

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2011, 11:26:15 PM »
Well I'm here to tell you to cut that shit out. Its baiting, nothing less.

@TJ, whilst you were baited, that kind of reponse isnt called for either. Report the post next time.

As for the rest: whatever your opinion on Jobs, or Apple respect your fellow posters still applies. Consider this a friendly reminder.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

• DT.net Member
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2011, 11:44:49 PM »
Are we gonna get our first ascii-initiated warning on DTF  :corn

b_f uses psychic ability: it is super effective.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2011, 11:56:27 PM »

that's ironic because a lot of people here like google products and microsoft products. YEah, REAL out of the mainstream.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2011, 11:59:04 PM »

that's ironic because a lot of people here like google products and microsoft products. YEah, REAL out of the mainstream.

There's a difference between liking/using a company's products, and worshipping a company's products.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2011, 12:00:48 AM »
and a difference between sarcasm and a joke

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2011, 12:04:50 AM »

There's a difference between liking/using a company's products, and worshipping a company's products.
This. Tj comes across as a fanboy in its purest form. Sure, I have a preference for Microsoft, but that doesn't mean I need to constantly promote it and bash all its competitors.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2011, 12:05:14 AM »

YEah nobody worships any products on here. WTF are you talking about? I don't worship ANYTHING. But i believe in things and support/ root for things. Like i root for my sports teams and i'm passionate about them but worship? Give me a break.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2011, 12:08:01 AM »

This. Tj comes across as a fanboy in its purest form. Sure, I have a preference for Microsoft, but that doesn't mean I need to constantly promote it and bash all its competitors.

Excuse me when do I bash apple competitors? I had a laugh at the touchpad AFTer it was discontinued because i found it funny. It's not like I go into any windows thread and start bashing microsoft or the Android thread and start shit for no reason. I DON'T do that. Unlike some people who do that here when someone posts anything negative in this thread there will be a lolMac or some stupid idiotic bullshit. You're talking about my life's fucking goal (career wise) and you expect me not to be passionate about it?

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2011, 12:08:50 AM »

YEah nobody worships any products on here. WTF are you talking about? I don't worship ANYTHING. But i believe in things and support/ root for things. Like i root for my sports teams and i'm passionate about them but worship? Give me a break.
If I were to become as passionate about my phone/computer/any other product as I am about the Packers, I'd hope my friends would slap me for going off the deep end.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2011, 12:11:54 AM »

If I were to become as passionate about my phone/computer/any other product as I am about the Packers, I'd hope my friends would slap me for going off the deep end.

As if being a fan of a GAME is any better than being a fan of people who actual better your existence? Makes NO sense.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2011, 12:12:56 AM »
Let's see i'm a fan of people who play a game for a living, that's so much better than people who have dedicated their whole lives to computer science, technology and the advancement of the human race.

Offline wammabe

« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2011, 12:13:36 AM »
 :-[ I'm sorry, I don't want to be a part of this. I never intended to start anything by saying that its mainstream or anything.  :'(
Lets all be friends.  :smiley: