News:

The staff at DTF wish to remind you all that a firm grasp of the rules of Yahtzee can save your life and the lives of your loved ones.  Be safe out there.

Main Menu

Finishing Quadrochosis' top 50 v. now in the top 10 :o

Started by Quadrochosis, August 22, 2011, 04:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorille85

zxlkho

Quadrochosis

there's a small contingency on the fb chat that hates on vinyl, but its mostly because me and ryan are extremely annoying about it.

Ravenheart

ZBomber

zxlkho

Quote from: Ravenheart on August 31, 2011, 09:46:09 PM
I've never hated on vinyl.  ???

Well you certainly mock us talking about it.

also I know exactly what you're going to say in response to this and that isn't true.

Quadrochosis

Quote from: Quadrochosis on August 31, 2011, 09:45:50 PM
its mostly because me and ryan are extremely annoying about it.

Sigz

Beyond album art, I don't understand the appeal of vinyl.

Ravenheart

Quote from: zxlkho on August 31, 2011, 09:48:25 PM
Quote from: Ravenheart on August 31, 2011, 09:46:09 PM
I've never hated on vinyl.  ???

Well you certainly mock us talking about it.

I've never mocked you or insulted you about it. I may have lightheartedly poked fun at you for it once in awhile, but it was never intended to be offens--

Quotealso I know exactly what you're going to say in response to this and that isn't true.

Oh.

ZBomber

stop being extremely annoying

Quote from: Sigz on August 31, 2011, 09:50:10 PM
Beyond album art, I don't understand the appeal of vinyl.

Sigz, if you ever come out to New England, hit me up and I will show you just why vinyl is so amazing.

Gorille85

Quote from: ZBomber on August 31, 2011, 09:46:16 PM
Quote from: Gorille85 on August 31, 2011, 09:45:24 PM
lolvinyl

have you ever listened to vinyls?

lol. I just like how CDs are more faithful, less compressed and awesome the way they are. I'm not hating on vinyls, really.

Quadrochosis

can we please stop talking about this?

lets talk about how wonderful my last 4 picks were

zxlkho

I thought you were going to say this:
Quote from: Quadrochosis on August 31, 2011, 09:49:23 PM
and I was going to say that I do in fact try my very hardest not to annoy the fuck out of you guys about it. But literally every time I even mention the word vinyl it's like "ZOMG LOLVINYL" or something

also yes let's stop talking about this

ZBomber

Ravenheart

zxlkho

But yeah, back on topic. I definitely think Meddle should be considered as good as the "classic four" from Pink Floyd. It's really great. Also, I'm glad you forced me to actually listen to Insurgentes when I was in NY because it was totally worth it.

Sigz

As I've said before, listening to Insurgentes for the first time while going through the art book is one of my favorite musical experiences ever.

ZBomber

Insurgentes is amazing. What excites me is I think SW has learned even more since that album, and GFD is going to be like milking a.... pickle? I dunno I forgot my own analogy w/e.

zxlkho

Quote from: ZBomber on August 31, 2011, 09:58:31 PMGFD is going to be like milking a.... pickle? I dunno I forgot my own analogy w/e.

:rollin :rollin

Yeah I'm so glad I ordered the boxset.

Sigz

Ravenheart

Quote from: ZBomber on August 31, 2011, 09:58:31 PM
Insurgentes is amazing. What excites me is I think SW has learned even more since that album, and GFD is going to be like milking a.... pickle? I dunno I forgot my own analogy w/e.

Quote from: Ravenheart on August 31, 2011, 04:47:35 PMlike the eyeballs of Jesus.

ZBomber

Quote from: Ravenheart on August 31, 2011, 10:00:10 PM
Quote from: ZBomber on August 31, 2011, 09:58:31 PM

Quote from: Ravenheart on August 31, 2011, 04:47:35 PMlike the eyeballs of Jesus.

Ahh, that's it.

zxlkho

PuffyPat

ZBomber

Quote from: zxlkho on August 31, 2011, 10:01:36 PM
Quote from: Sigz on August 31, 2011, 09:59:48 PM
:lol I love how you've become 'the analogy guy'.
New title. gogogogogo

Done.  :heart

But, anyways, Meddle was one of the albums I tripped too and it is great... never really got too into Echo until Zack made me start listening closer to it. And sorry to bring up vinyl again, but I was listening to the Signify vinyl the other day and I absolutely love the bonus tracks that come on it. The Signify era was such a great period in Porcupine Tree's history.

The King in Crimson

Great list so far. Glad to see Meddle get some acclaim, it definitely deserves it.

And finally...
lolsstb

Gadough

Quadrochosis

Zantera

Quadrochosis

zxlkho

ariich

Last two updates have been fuckin' awesome.

That is all.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

Jirpo

Gadough

Quote from: Liberation on August 31, 2011, 08:15:11 PM
Quote from: Quadrochosis about FOABPthere's plenty of haters but lol them.
God I nearly choked laughing. This is one of the most fucking amazing statements I've ever read in my life. :rollin :rollin :rollin

Did you take ecstasy right before posting this? :lol

Liberation

Quote from: Gadough on September 01, 2011, 02:24:37 AM
Quote from: Liberation on August 31, 2011, 08:15:11 PM
Quote from: Quadrochosis about FOABPthere's plenty of haters but lol them.
God I nearly choked laughing. This is one of the most fucking amazing statements I've ever read in my life. :rollin :rollin :rollin

Did you take ecstasy right before posting this? :lol
No... I'm not even sure why this sentence cracks me up so much but it still does. :lol