Author Topic: Credit cards?  (Read 4887 times)

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
Re: Credit cards?
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2011, 06:23:56 AM »
Yup. I have a feeling that carrying a card with a $3,000 balance on it (which I have payed every month) is going to help me get a lone one day.

Even though I shudder to think about how much I've paid in interest!
Carrying a balance does not help your credit history or score anymore than using your card and paying it off every month does.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2011, 09:08:54 AM »
It's great for wasting money, though.  That way you'll need all the more loans later in life.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2011, 12:35:29 PM »
So your going to save up for 30 years in order to be able to buy a house up front on top of paying rent at wherever you currently live?
At least he's thinking it through. :lol
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2014, 05:34:47 PM »
so,

after having a credit card for about a year and a half now and never missing a single payment, I have gone from getting denied from every single credit card company, to now getting pre-approved cards in the mail on like a weekly bases. Some of which are platinum cards ect.

Since the offers keep getting progressively better, it made me curious about what my credit actual was. Since I have zero faith/trust in online credit report sites, is there a way to just easily find out what my score is? I guess just go to a bank, but this is new territory for me.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2014, 09:12:19 PM »
All 3 credit rating institutions are required (by law) to give you one free inquiry into your credit score per year.

This is the website to use: https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2014, 11:08:50 PM »
Yeah, and the recommendation is to check one every 4 months, so you can make sure nobody's ripping you off (because as Scheavo's currently on about, it's your own damn fault if it happens).
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2014, 12:16:51 AM »
and does annual fee mean a price you pay to use the credit card service?

Yes.  Avoid them.  My advice is to NOT use your card for anything you cannot fully pay off at the end of the billing cycle.  If you pay your full balance each month instead of making payments, you don't have to worry about what the interest rate is on the card because you are never paying any interest.

This.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."