Author Topic: TesseracT  (Read 75654 times)

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: TesseracT
« Reply #700 on: October 21, 2023, 05:51:15 PM »
The whole tipping ropic was a big turnoff for me as a fan. Jay the drummer handled that super poorly, in my opinion. And what a shame having that unfold in the middle of the tour for the biggest album of their career thus far. They're on the ascent right now. Just enjoy the ride up and don't whine about tips.

Not sure if anyone else watched their 3.5 hour listening party for their new album on YouTube, but Jay was constantly encouraging fans to digitally tip throughout the entire livestream. They needed coffee money for the tour, he said.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #701 on: October 21, 2023, 06:31:50 PM »
Shame on them for trying to make money...

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #702 on: October 21, 2023, 06:35:13 PM »
I don't mind the tipping during a livestream event, especially if it's free.
One band I follow is Lords Of The Trident. Their singer does those How (Queensryche) orders a coffee videos.
They do a lot of live streamy things and always has the tip counter going.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #703 on: October 21, 2023, 07:00:02 PM »
I don't mind the tipping during a livestream event, especially if it's free.
One band I follow is Lords Of The Trident. Their singer does those How (Queensryche) orders a coffee videos.
They do a lot of live streamy things and always has the tip counter going.

The J-metal and Korean acts do it on the regular, and do fairly well off it. I remember Rolling Quartz did a full livestream concert, and the chat was a constant stream of tips, they probably raked in a few grand easy. Nemophila does paid livestream shows all the time, and usually have a thousand or so peeps on them. I wish artists would do more of it like they did during covid. I know Tesseract did Portals, Nightwish had one, and even IQ got in on the act, though there's was a freebie (with a sweet shirt to boot!!)

I realize the drummer didn't make his statement with malice, but he did come off poorly, probably cause they're not a tipping culture to begin with. Even the merch guy in question came in to defend the fuck out of the band on the initial IG post. That being said, I'll continue, and always will be, loose with my cash when it comes to live shows, they're a treat, and the mere 40 or so bucks we spend for our level of shows is petty cash compared to what some other artists charge. We're pretty fucking lucky to be in love with the more affordable artists...fuck, we could be die hard Swifties and have to take a second mortage out for nosebleed seats.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #704 on: October 21, 2023, 07:29:51 PM »
You're not kidding. My sister and her friend flew from Brooklyn to Kansas City a few weekends ago because it was cheaper to get Beyonce tickets at Arrowhead and pay for the travel than to spring for decent seats home at Metlife.
Photobucket sucks.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #705 on: October 21, 2023, 07:57:38 PM »
You're not kidding. My sister and her friend flew from Brooklyn to Kansas City a few weekends ago because it was cheaper to get Beyonce tickets at Arrowhead and pay for the travel than to spring for decent seats home at Metlife.

Whereas my last show put me out 35 for the ticket including fees. The gas for the drive to LA now... That was a whole other thing lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #706 on: October 21, 2023, 08:01:29 PM »

Whereas my last show put me out 35 for the ticket including fees. The gas for the drive to LA now... That was a whole other thing lol

How long is that drive for you? Did you drive back after the show?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #707 on: October 21, 2023, 08:04:09 PM »

How long is that drive for you? Did you drive back after the show?

It's 5-6 hours without stops. I got out of the LA valley then hit a Motel 6 for a few hours sleep before finishing the drive home. I had started work at 5am that day so there was no way I was doing the whole run. I did it once for Asterism and it was fucked.  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #708 on: October 21, 2023, 08:05:56 PM »
Gotcha. that's a long day.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #709 on: October 21, 2023, 11:16:04 PM »
Just got back from seeing these guys……what a fantastic show! I hadn’t really been all that into these guys but saw/read RJ really giving good feedback on the new album so I gave it a spin and liked it a lot. Then, thankfully googled their tour and saw they were swinging by. My and my oldest went……had a blast. Really good show….these guys can freaking play

I feel like I can and should say more but I’m tired. Thanks for the heads up on these guys RJ  :tup
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #710 on: October 22, 2023, 12:03:59 AM »
It's what we do here...can't wait for my turn in less than two weeks.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #711 on: October 22, 2023, 07:45:32 AM »
Yeah, just locked in my accommodations for Tampa for an overnight to catch this tour in a couple weeks. Sprung for the VIP as well, can't wait :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #712 on: November 01, 2023, 07:15:36 AM »
Yeah, just locked in my accommodations for Tampa for an overnight to catch this tour in a couple weeks. Sprung for the VIP as well, can't wait :metal

You will not regret the VIP, the stripped down performance is something else. Just two songs, but they played in the middle of the venue floor. No rail, no nothing, just twenty people and Tesseract.

As for the show...yeah, Tesseract always delivers, and this time was no different. The new songs translate so well to the live setting, and Daniel is in top form.

Here's one song from the VIP session...  https://youtu.be/IJEjakDejRM?si=51i4TozLk1Fd874e

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #713 on: November 01, 2023, 08:02:37 AM »
Stoked for this weekend in Mesa. Got the VIP as well.  :metal

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #714 on: November 02, 2023, 11:03:50 AM »
Glad you had fun RJ!
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!