Author Topic: TesseracT  (Read 75692 times)

Offline krands85

Re: TesseracT
« Reply #280 on: April 13, 2015, 09:53:14 AM »
Yeah I'm not sure about the editing either. Though I was more concerned with the mix. Acle didn't mix it apparently, maybe that's something to do with it.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #281 on: May 08, 2015, 09:51:48 AM »
Ashe O'Hara's band Voices From the Fuselage have announced their album Odyssey: The Destroyer of Worlds" is now available for pre-order.  This is a must buy for me without even hearing a teaser.  Ashe's voice is the bomb.

Link: https://voicesfromthefuselage.bigcartel.com/products
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #282 on: May 08, 2015, 12:39:42 PM »
TESSERACT - Nocturne (OFFICIAL LIVE VIDEO). Taken from the live album,' Odyssey/Scala', Century Media Records, 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy5mxqnJEVE&feature=youtu.be

Offline comment

• Custom Title
  • What’s on your mind Facebook?
« Reply #283 on: May 09, 2015, 09:17:12 AM »
TESSERACT - Nocturne (OFFICIAL LIVE VIDEO). Taken from the live album,' Odyssey/Scala', Century Media Records, 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy5mxqnJEVE&feature=youtu.be

Thanks Os!    :metal.

Signature

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #284 on: May 22, 2015, 02:20:46 PM »
New song from Ashe's new band, Voices From the Fuselage, off their upcoming album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6W5M-mFclA

« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 02:30:44 PM by Mebert78 »
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #285 on: June 18, 2015, 07:54:04 PM »
Jam session between Tesseract's drummer Jay Postones and UK artist Martin Grech: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h7a84cbELck

Just curious if anyone here is into Grech or familiar with his music? I checked him out last night after reading about him in Prog magazine. His music is amazing -- very Chroma Key and Peter Gabriel-esque. But somehow he only has a few hundred followers on Facebook.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #286 on: June 18, 2015, 08:01:39 PM »
New song from Ashe's new band, Voices From the Fuselage, off their upcoming album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6W5M-mFclA

Been digging into their EP they did before Altered States, solid stuff, looking forward to this album for sure.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #287 on: June 19, 2015, 12:11:18 AM »
Jam session between Tesseract's drummer Jay Postones and UK artist Martin Grech: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h7a84cbELck

Just curious if anyone here is into Grech or familiar with his music? I checked him out last night after reading about him in Prog magazine. His music is amazing -- very Chroma Key and Peter Gabriel-esque. But somehow he only has a few hundred followers on Facebook.
I was a big fan of his first album when it came out. Second album wasn't as strong, and third one was really quite different, very mellow. Interesting stuff though.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #288 on: June 24, 2015, 10:29:53 AM »

Been digging into their EP they did before Altered States, solid stuff, looking forward to this album for sure.

Did you listen to the album yet?  It's very impressive stuff.  I received my physical copy in the mail yesterday, and I thought it was weird there's not text on the digipak's spine and the band member names aren't even listed in the notes.  But the music itself is great.  I'm still in the process of digesting it.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #289 on: June 24, 2015, 10:38:15 AM »
Yeah, I bought the digital download on the release day. It's a fucking beast man, so damn good. I really think they bring out the true best in Ashe's vocals, so much more than TesseracT did. Great album all around.

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #290 on: June 24, 2015, 12:22:35 PM »
I listened to it a few times too and it's really great! I hope these guys get more recognition.  :tup

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #291 on: June 24, 2015, 02:52:10 PM »
I'm still listening and digesting -- some of these songs are big-time growers.  But damn, it feels so good to have another album with Ashe's voice on it to listen to aside from Altered State.  His voice is just so pleasant and touching.  I really think he has a bright future ahead of him.  He's a great lyricist too.

So happy that he and Daniel are both in great bands.  They're both such talented singers.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #292 on: June 24, 2015, 02:56:36 PM »
Ashe O'Hara's band Voices From the Fuselage have announced their album Odyssey: The Destroyer of Worlds" is now available for pre-order.  This is a must buy for me without even hearing a teaser.  Ashe's voice is the bomb.

Link: https://voicesfromthefuselage.bigcartel.com/products
This is very good.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline krands85

« Reply #293 on: June 24, 2015, 04:42:25 PM »
Pleasantly surprised to come across this on Youtube: The full Scala show on Century Media's official page

Enjoyed it much more than I thought I would from the clips they released beforehand.  :metal
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #294 on: June 25, 2015, 11:02:30 AM »
Yeah, I bought the digital download on the release day. It's a fucking beast man, so damn good. I really think they bring out the true best in Ashe's vocals, so much more than TesseracT did. Great album all around.

I gotta say, "Meterorites" is my favorite song from Ashe's career so far.  That song is so incredible.  It reminds me of "Exiled." 

What do you guys think of the production?  At first I thought the vocals were a tad too low in the mix, but now maybe not. 

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #295 on: June 25, 2015, 11:04:10 AM »
My first impression was actually that the vocals were very loud in the mix.

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #296 on: June 25, 2015, 07:23:39 PM »

I gotta say, "Meterorites" is my favorite song from Ashe's career so far.  That song is so incredible.  It reminds me of "Exiled." 

What do you guys think of the production?  At first I thought the vocals were a tad too low in the mix, but now maybe not.

The first thing that I realized is that they used "Toontrack Ezdrummer Metal Machine" for the drums.
So the drums are either programmed or played on an electronic kit with Toontrack samples.

Nothing wrong with any of that... I own the software so I just immediately noticed it  :smiley:

I like the production a lot. Depending on the mood of the song, Ashe is either upfront or a little low in the mix.

Like you mentioned earlier, it's great to have another album with Ashe... This one should get many repeated listens.   

Offline krands85

« Reply #297 on: July 10, 2015, 06:47:27 AM »
New album out on September the 18th! It's titled 'Polaris'. Short album teaser here

1. Dystopia [06:51]
2. Hexes [05:18]
3. Survival [04:25]
4. Tourniquet [05:59]
5. Utopia [05:34]
6. Phoenix [03:54]
7. Messenger [03:35]
8. Cages [05:29]
9. Seven Names [05:40]

Really looking forward to this!

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #298 on: July 10, 2015, 09:06:19 AM »
Suuuper excited! Although it's a rather short album, their shortest yet. But still, bring it on, can't wait to hear Dan back in TesseracT!

Also, the album cover:

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #299 on: July 13, 2015, 08:58:00 AM »
The teaser sounds incredible.  Oh, baby!

Offline Riitasointi

« Reply #300 on: July 14, 2015, 08:06:24 AM »
The teaser sounds incredible.  Oh, baby!
Oh yes!! I'm pumped for this

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #301 on: August 03, 2015, 08:29:26 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsBZh4Yz2k0

New track released! 'Messenger'.

I need more time to say what I really think, but as for now I like it. It's a single though, which usually end up being my least favorite, so there are probably better tracks to come.

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #302 on: August 03, 2015, 09:25:20 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsBZh4Yz2k0

New track released! 'Messenger'.

I need more time to say what I really think, but as for now I like it. It's a single though, which usually end up being my least favorite, so there are probably better tracks to come.

I wasn't sure what to think at first but I'm on my 6th or 7th listen now and it gets better each time.
Really looking forward to the album!

Edit: Just like Altered State, the production is excellent.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #303 on: August 03, 2015, 11:12:35 AM »
I wasn't sure what to think at first but I'm on my 6th or 7th listen now and it gets better each time.

Exactly this for me too. Once I wrapped my head around the melodies it got a lot better. Some pretty interesting stuff. And I love hearing Dan in TesseracT again, he is fantastic as always.

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #304 on: August 03, 2015, 12:06:50 PM »

Exactly this for me too. Once I wrapped my head around the melodies it got a lot better. Some pretty interesting stuff. And I love hearing Dan in TesseracT again, he is fantastic as always.

I'm loving this song. Sounds fantastic!
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #305 on: August 03, 2015, 01:02:11 PM »
Solid song. Vocal harmonies in the first half didn't interest me all that much but the second half of the song was terrific!

I be am boner inducing.

Offline adace

« Reply #306 on: August 03, 2015, 04:05:57 PM »
Great song. Very excited for the new album.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #307 on: August 04, 2015, 12:30:36 AM »
Solid song. Vocal harmonies in the first half didn't interest me all that much but the second half of the song was terrific!

Felt the same at first, but repeated listens really made me appreciate them more.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #308 on: August 04, 2015, 02:07:00 AM »

Felt the same at first, but repeated listens really made me appreciate them more.
Yeah, having heard what the song builds up to, the first half is fine, and it works well to start with a tense and unusual beginning and ramping up to the glorious stuff at the end. Definitely more Altered State than One.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #309 on: August 04, 2015, 08:46:55 AM »
The song didn't grab me initially, but it's growing on me.  I really like it now a lot.  I feel like it could fit better in the context of an album though.  The production is amazing, as others have said.  I noticed a bunch of people who don't like various aspects of the song on YouTube -- particularly the vocal filter.  The track also skips at the 2:57 mark, and Acle chimed in on the comments and said it was an error by the guy who created the video.  It shouldn't appear on the album.  This remains my most-anticpated album of 2015!

Offline krands85

« Reply #310 on: August 04, 2015, 03:28:15 PM »
I noticed a bunch of people who don't like various aspects of the song on YouTube -- particularly the vocal filter. 
Yeah I'm not too keen on that myself. Will probably get used to it though I suppose. Not sure what to make of the song as a whole yet though, only heard it a few times so far and I normally need plenty of listens before I really get a song.

Offline krands85

« Reply #311 on: September 03, 2015, 10:04:02 AM »
New song Survival

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #312 on: September 03, 2015, 10:05:18 AM »
LIstening now, fucking sick  :metal :metal :metal

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #313 on: September 03, 2015, 10:19:07 AM »
LIstening now, fucking sick  :metal :metal :metal

Yup. The music video is well-directed too, I think. Dan sounds awesome. :metal
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #314 on: September 03, 2015, 10:22:08 AM »
Cool track, but not loving it. The grooves are cool, and the vocals are nice, but something about it just feels... I don't know.. pop-ish? Mostly the chorus. Still good though, but Messenger was better. Maybe repeated listens will make it better, like with Messenger.