Author Topic: Thinking about getting a TI Nspire CX Cas. Should I?  (Read 620 times)

Offline tjanuranus

Thinking about getting a TI Nspire CX Cas. Should I?
« on: August 20, 2011, 05:54:04 PM »
taking calc one next month and I'm looking to upgrade my 83 plus. Actually i'm borrowing it so i'd like to get a better one and return this one. Anyone have experience with this calculator? Thoughts?

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
Re: Thinking about getting a TI Nspire CX Cas. Should I?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 05:56:49 PM »
I'm not entirely sure what capabilities it has, but I'd recommend a computer program like Math Xpert, or something that can show you the steps of the calc operations rather than just giving you the answer. And in the end Wolfram Alpha has basically the same functionality for free. I assume you wouldn't be able to use such a calculator in class, so I don't really know what difference it would make.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 06:00:52 PM »
As far as Calc I goes, the only benefits to having the Nspire is being able to see answers in expressions rather than just decimal answers and a much better resolution.

If you can take a laptop to class, vvv

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 06:03:32 PM »
For the same price you can buy a copy of mathematica. It will be infinitely more useful.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 11:57:32 PM »
Ok well my calc 1 class is online so no one will be checking what i'm using really. But if i have to go in to the testing center they will allow me to bring a calculator but not a computer.