Author Topic: Meshuggah  (Read 110803 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Meshuggah
« Reply #630 on: March 31, 2023, 04:55:13 PM »
Saw them tonight, haven't seen them in I think 15 years or something. Tight as always and the sound and light show was fantastic.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #631 on: April 01, 2023, 06:19:32 AM »
Nice. Looking forward to seeing them again next time they roll past near me.

Listened to a few tracks of the obzen remaster. Was clearer but the eq was quite tinny, I thought. In all, preferred the original.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #632 on: April 01, 2023, 09:43:30 AM »
They had a nice list of support bands. Orbit Culture, Scar Symmetry and The Halo Effect. Altough I only saw The Halo Effect. Stanne really is a great frontman and his vocals are solid. I just love how much he smiles onstage, you could tell the whole band enjoyed playing together. I thought that was really nice.

I have to give credit to Meshuggah for still going strong and it's cool seeing how much love they still get so late in their career. Despite playing such a extreme and complicated form of metal they headline a tour and play better than ever. I mean we have three Gandalfs in the band.  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #633 on: April 22, 2023, 01:32:54 PM »
Meshuggah The Violent Sleep Of Reason live 2016

The fact that they just stand in the same position during all that chaos makes it even better.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #634 on: April 23, 2023, 02:10:41 AM »
Saw Meshuggah live yesterday in Gothenburg. They were the final band I wanted to see that I hadn't yet seen live, and they definetely liverd up to the hype. Probably the best live show I've seen.

Online DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #635 on: April 23, 2023, 04:37:48 PM »
Awesome. :smiley:
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #636 on: June 28, 2023, 03:03:05 PM »
Tomas Haake will appear on Drumeo this friday, can't wait to hear him play and breakdown his iconic drumparts.

Offline Bentower

« Reply #637 on: June 29, 2023, 02:38:26 AM »
Awesome!  :metal
Human by Nature (prog-infused psychedelic metal): https://linktr.ee/hbnearth
Our debut album "Eläimys" is a trip I can whole-heartedly recommend to anyone into Pain of Salvation, Opeth, The Mars Volta, Magma etc.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #638 on: June 30, 2023, 01:09:00 PM »
Ahh my bad, I thought it was him in person giving a lesson. Turns it was a deepdive into his playing by another drummer.  :-\

Oh well, probably interesing that too.

The Genius Of Tomas Haake

Offline Bentower

« Reply #639 on: July 02, 2023, 06:15:58 AM »
Alas, I'm not a fan of their "the genius of" videos. That's a bummer!
Human by Nature (prog-infused psychedelic metal): https://linktr.ee/hbnearth
Our debut album "Eläimys" is a trip I can whole-heartedly recommend to anyone into Pain of Salvation, Opeth, The Mars Volta, Magma etc.