Author Topic: Changing the file name of a movie  (Read 962 times)

Offline jimbosile

Changing the file name of a movie
« on: August 20, 2011, 04:09:30 AM »
I ripped heaps of movies to my computer, and I want to know if there is a way to change the file name as that is what is displayed on the PS3. Does anyone know how to do this or what I'm talking about?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 04:30:31 AM by jimbosile »

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Changing the file name of a movie
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 04:59:58 AM »
Not sure I know what you mean, if you're trying to find software that mass renames files there's a great free one I use simply called Renamer.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline jimbosile

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 05:08:32 AM »
It's hard to explain, but when you go to a movie file and go to properties then details, the very top thing is title. If the title is blank, then the file name is whatever you've called the file. But for these files, it has eg. 'HUSTLE_SEASON2_DISC2' and that is the name that shows up on the PS3.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 05:17:24 AM »
Sounds similar to ID3 tags in mp3s.
Are these files .vob? cause maybe you can't change name on these unless they're in a .avi or .mp4 formats. If they're .vob then you probably didn't "rip" the DVDs but just copied these files and pasted them on your computer.. which shouldn't be possible if the DVDs are copyrighted.
The capital letters with _ as spaces make me think they're .vob files.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline jimbosile

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 09:23:10 PM »
Sounds similar to ID3 tags in mp3s.
Are these files .vob? cause maybe you can't change name on these unless they're in a .avi or .mp4 formats. If they're .vob then you probably didn't "rip" the DVDs but just copied these files and pasted them on your computer.. which shouldn't be possible if the DVDs are copyrighted.
The capital letters with _ as spaces make me think they're .vob files.

They are .avi files.

Offline jimbosile

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 01:13:10 AM »
Through a lot of searching, I found this program. It allows you to change all the properties of the movie file.

https://abcavi.tk/

Offline robwebster

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 04:30:03 AM »
It's hard to explain, but when you go to a movie file and go to properties then details, the very top thing is title. If the title is blank, then the file name is whatever you've called the file. But for these files, it has eg. 'HUSTLE_SEASON2_DISC2' and that is the name that shows up on the PS3.
Can't help, just gonna commend you on your taste. Good season! Best cast-roster, too.

Offline jimbosile

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 04:39:37 AM »
Can't help, just gonna commend you on your taste. Good season! Best cast-roster, too.

Haha thanks. It seems like me and you are the only two people on here that know the show. The thread I made about it didn't get the reception I was hoping for or expecting.