Author Topic: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!!!!!  (Read 870 times)

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!!!!!
« on: August 19, 2011, 11:02:21 PM »
So I get back from one of my increasingly infrequent CD safari's tonight and flip on VH-1 classic while I try and find some food.
I discover Asia is playing I Believe and Heat Of The Moment so I leave VH-1 classic on and make myself a sandwich and pour myself a glass of iced tea.
I finish eating and start peeling the price stickers off of my CDs in the other room and wonder if three Buddy Rich reissue CDs that I just bought are the same as a few other Buddy Rich CDs that are under a different name. (Both CDs have tracks that aren't on the other and some times are different but they looks similar).

It was about this time that my wife and son walk in the house and start yelling at me to come back into the TV room as Marillion has just started playing Neverland. We joke that when VH-1 Classic realizes that they are palying a 14 minute song that they will immediately cut to a commercial.
The commercial finally comes, but not before the end of the song.
I go back out to deal with my "new" CDs and I'm getting yelled at again to come back because Transatlantic has just launched into the Whirlwind!!!!!
I was stunned at Asia, so I'm pretty much in disbelief at this point. But I know they aren't going to allow the whole thing to be played as the time slot isn't big enough.
So they play the first track  before a commercial and I go back to my CDs again because I think my luck has probably run out when I'm called back into the room again.

This time it's Emerson, Lake and Palmer!!!!! So for Touch and Go, Fanfare, Carl's drum solo  (The man is what...like 62?) and Rondo, I'm mostly feeling really bad for Keith Emerson.

I still can't believe what I just saw for the better part of an hour. I mean seeing Rush on this channel is one thing. They even played Score a few times when it came out, but seeing what I just saw on American television in 2011 is just amazing!

Can something like this happen again?

I can't decide which is more unlikely; seeing Marillion or Transatlantic live on American TV.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
Re: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 11:09:20 PM »
I dunno sounds like they're trolling you. And by they, I mean everybody you know and love

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 08:05:38 PM »
I'd believe that except that I now have confirmation that I wasn't the only one who saw it.

Supposedly, there will be an encore performance Monday at 11.

I've never had a mass hallucination before so this should be fun.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 06:05:59 PM »
Second time was even sweeter.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 09:05:36 PM »
Third time is a charm. High Voltage 2010 encores at 2 a.m. EST.