Author Topic: Awesome Lego Thread v.fine Adami  (Read 5615 times)

Offline ScioPath

• the king of dance
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Awesome Lego Thread v.fine Adami
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2011, 09:36:03 AM »
Oh. :lol

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2021, 07:46:59 AM »
Looks like I'll be $630 poorer come Nov 1  :lol

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-titanic-10294-officially-announced/

I'm a huge Titanic nerd and can barely contain my excitement right now. This has been being rumored since last January and it's finally here! I was ready to spend this amount money assuming there was no interior, but these new images have blown me away. The fact that you can actually turn the steam engines and run the propellers is great.

7 OCTOBER 2021: The LEGO Group has revealed an authentic replica of the most famous ship of all time, the RMS Titanic. For the first time, fans can now recreate the luxury liner in detailed LEGO® brick form, 110 years since it was launched in Belfast in 1911.

The LEGO Titanic is one of the longest and largest LEGO models to date, made up of 9,090 pieces, making it a truly immersive building challenge for LEGO fans and budding historians alike.

Mike Psiaki, design master at the LEGO Group commented: “At the time of its launch the Titanic was the pinnacle of nautical engineering, the largest moving vehicle ever created. It has been an incredible journey to recreate this iconic vessel from LEGO bricks, using blueprints created over a century ago.

“Designing the LEGO Titanic with such a focus on immense detail and scale, but also accuracy, has allowed us to create one of the most challenging building experiences to date. We know brick builders and ship enthusiasts of all ages will love building the set and displaying it in their homes.”

At over 1.3m long, the LEGO Titanic set is perfect for display and comes with a unique plaque with the ship’s name. This impressive set is available for pre-order from 1st November and general sale from 8th November from LEGO Stores and www.LEGO.com/titanic at the recommended retail price of €629.99 / $629.99 / £569.69.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2021, 07:59:20 AM »
Probably just as fragile as the actual ship.  Still, if I had the funds, and more importantly, the space, I'd sink some funds into that!  ;D
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2021, 08:06:16 AM »
That looks awesome!

I got the 1989 batwing set for my birthday last month and the 7 hours I spent putting it together were just so perfectly relaxing. I wish I had the funds for the 1989 batmobile too.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2021, 08:19:48 AM »
That looks awesome!

I got the 1989 batwing set for my birthday last month and the 7 hours I spent putting it together were just so perfectly relaxing. I wish I had the funds for the 1989 batmobile too.

I'm a big fan of these:
https://www.nanoblock.com.sg/collections/all

They scratch the lego itch, they don't take up much space, and they're not at all expensive relative to Lego.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2021, 06:14:02 AM »

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Ui
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2021, 09:23:18 AM »
In July I just moved out of Enfield, CT, which is where the US headquarters of the company is located.   

I know people who work there (one just retired after 32 years of working there) and I/we have boxes and boxes of LEGO sets.  My stepson has probably 15 or 20 models constructed and mounted on the walls of his room.  I got to see the design workshop once (they were about half way done with the life-size '64 Mustang they were building that is now down at Legoland in Florida).  Quite amazing stuff they can do, for sure.

(By the way, I can't see all the pictures here anymore, but are we to infer that ScioPath is Nathan Sawaya, or did he just post pictures with Nathan in them?) 

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2021, 08:48:49 PM »
jingle.son and I just did the Roman Coliseum back in the spring.  I'll have to dig-up some of the picks and post 'em online somewhere so I can link them.  It wasn't terribly difficult, just tedious and repetitive.  Took a couple of months, about 5ish hours per week I'd say.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2021, 01:47:26 AM »
I really want to get this one, because I think it looks awesome (out of stock on the US LEGO website, still available where I live), but it's HUGE and it costs a lot, so my girlfriend - understandably - doesn't really want me to get this :lol

I have quite some Star Wars LEGO from when I was younger, including some things that are apparently sought-after nowadays, but I haven't bought anything in the last 12 or so years, so I'm completely behind on all the stuff they;ve released since then, but damn.. look at this!!

LINKIE

Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2021, 05:35:33 AM »
We have the original Millennium Falcon (release 10179) - got it back in 2007.  It was the 2nd largest set at the time ... 5,197 pieces.  Kids were still pretty young, but they helped put it together; it took about 3 months of steady work.  We still have it proudly displayed.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2021, 06:45:36 AM »
The biggest one we have is the Sydney Opera House.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2021, 04:14:11 PM »
My goodness, it's glorious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH1oEcr-bJs

I'm not a big Lego guy but man I want this

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2021, 06:13:46 AM »
Damn. The Titanic sold out in less than 4 minutes. I got my confirmation number at 12:04am, and by 2am I received an email saying it was already on back order and mine won't be shipping until three weeks after release. I wonder how many kits they're producing. I didn't expect that kind of demand.