Author Topic: You never forget your first time...  (Read 2552 times)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
You never forget your first time...
« on: August 25, 2011, 02:24:43 AM »
...seeing DT. The first and sadly only time I've seen them was 11 years ago today at the House of Blues in the French Quarter. It was only an evening with but I was thrilled at the time since I think the band would've either been Porcupine Tree or Spock's Beard. I like both of those bands now but was in my prog infancy at the time and thoroughly unaware of either. They opened with Metropolis which was beyond a dream come true since up to that point I hadn't seen many bands where I had such an overwhelmingly specific favorite song. Seeing John Myung step into center stage in a direct spotlight for his solo was way surprising since, despite only having been into them for a year, I was already well aware of his bashfulness. I was a bit bummed that they played nothing from WDADU since that's the first DT album where I liked every single track. Fatal Tragedy literally gave me chills and goosebumps during the solo sections. Oh and I just found the setlist for the first time:

Metropolis Pt. 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper
Overture 1928
Strange Déjà Vu
Fatal Tragedy
The Mirror
Another Day
Home
Erotomania
Voices
The Spirit Carries On
Learning To Live

Encore:
A Change of Seasons

I can't believe I'd forgotten they played ACoS. I should be drawn and quartered for that. So what was your first time like?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Aniland

Re: You never forget your first time...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 02:42:50 AM »
The first time I saw LaBrie sing live, it was with him in short shorts and accompanying Opeth for the final chorus of my then-favorite Opeth song, "In My Time of Need".

Offline IJewBear

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 02:46:30 AM »
My first time seeing them was in 2007. I made a poster and my dad's friend (who actually got my dad and I into Dream Theater in 2004) had the meet and greet package. He was nice enough to take the poster back and get them to sign it. I was so grateful. On top of that, it was an amazing show. The whole OAT venue at SDSU is very intimate and we were fairly close to the stage (row 9 I believe).

Setlist:

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Constant Motion
Take the Time
Blind Faith
Surrounded
The Dark Eternal Night
Endless Sacrifice
I Walk Beside You
The Spirit Carries On
In the Presence Of Enemies

Encore:
Schmedley Wilcox

The poster :

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 02:55:47 AM »
My first (and so far only) time was on the Progressive Nation 09 tour in Stockholm. They toured with Unexpect, Bigelf, and Opeth. I wasn't that impressed with Unexpect (too "weird" for my taste) so I used that time to buy some coffee and find a good seat in the upper stands right in front of the stage. Bigelf was pretty interesting though, with MP playing a song with them. Then Opeth came on and started with Windowpane. It set the mood for the rest of their gig. I wasn't that big of an Opeth fan yet, but I recognised some favourites (Harlequin Forest, Lotus Eater, Deliverance).

Then DT came on, and I was blown away. A Nightmare To Remember started it off and continued into The Mirror and Lie, followed by a keyboard solo. My first highlight was Sacrificed Sons, it was really awesome to hear it live. Then I thought they would play A Rite Of Passage but they chose to do the live debut of Wither for us. That was really cool. During The Dance Of Eternity the power went out a couple of times, but MP kept us entertained with a drum solo while they fixed the problems. It kept cutting the power during the same spot in the song, the famous 'Meshuggah' part as they call it. We got one song from SFAM, One Last Time. Forsaken was pretty good, but then the big epic of the night (for me) was In The Name Of God. Truly magnificient. And then the encore, The Count Of Tuscany. Awesome as was to be expected. The only "complaint" in the setlist for me was that they didn't play anything from Images & Words, my favourite DT album. Oh well.

A Nightmare To Remember
The Mirror
Lie
Keyboard Solo
Sacrificed Sons
Wither (performed live for the first time ever)
The Dance of Eternity
One Last Time
Forsaken
In The Name Of God

Encore:
The Count of Tuscany

Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Metropolis pt.-1

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 03:15:02 AM »
The first time I saw them was on October 10th, 2009 at Wembley Arena. I'd been a fan for 3 years so it was awesome to finally see them. It was prog nation, so that meant I had to sit through Unexpect, Bigelf and Opeth. Unexpect are a little extreme for me, Bigelf were good and Opeth were awesome. I was only familiar with Opeth, so if the other two bands were brilliant it would have gone right past me.

DT Setlist:
A Nightmare To Remember
(with Mikael Åkerfeldt)
The Mirror
Lie
Keyboard Solo
Prophets of War
Wither
The Dance of Eternity
Drum Solo
Take the Time
Encore:
The Count of Tuscany

Mikael Akerfeldt doing the day after day part actually made it bad-ass. THe highlights of the night included JR's Keytar solo, the dance of eternity, the four man drum solo and take the time. The slow volume swell part of the count of tuscany gave me chills, and it was a night I'll never forget.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 05:52:41 AM »
ProgNation LA 2009. Went with my buddy who saw'em at the first prognation the year before. It was an epic show... but I was really bummed at the setlist

Set List: 
      1.  A Nightmare to Remember
2.  A Rite of Passage
3.  Hollow Years '09
4.  Prophets of War
5.  Solitary Shell (w/ extended jam)
6.  Beyond This Life/
7.  Percussive Nation 2009/
8.  BTL Jam/
9.  Beyond This Life (reprise)
~~~encore~~~
10.  The Count of Tuscany
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline robwebster

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 05:58:13 AM »
Mine was my first ever gig full stop. Absolutely brilliant - not to mention, the king of setlists.

1. The Root of All Evil
2. Panic Attack
3. Another Won
4. A Fortune in Lies
5. Under a Glass Moon
6. Caught in a Web
7. Peruvian Skies /
8. Fatal Tragedy
9. About to Crash (Reprise) /
10. Losing Time
-------
11. As I Am
12. Endless Sacrifice
13. Never Enough
14. Sacrificed Sons
15. Octavarium
-------
16. Pull Me Under /
17. Metropolis

I can genuinely think of no way they could've improved that setlist. All the best ones that were being played from each album. Fantastic.

Offline Liberation

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 06:09:52 AM »
12th June 2007 in Katowice (so right where I live) on the Chaos in Motion tour. It was amazing. I was very happy with the setlist, I loved opening with Overture 1928 + Strange Deja Vu (I'm a massive SFAM fanboy...). I've always found Constant Motion a great metal song, and live it simply ROCKED. Also, I got to hear Honor Thy Father live (which was very good), and I doubt I'll ever get the chance again.

However, the most powerful moment... The sample from the beginning of Home started playing. For a short moment I literally thought I'm going to faint. It has been my favourite DT song since the third listen of SFAM and still is. Then, I was getting into it more than any song on any concert I've ever been. I've seen DT live three more times since, but haven't got another chance to hear Home yet... But I'm patient.

I remember I only wished for something from Six Degrees or Awake, and they played nothing from either; but 4 songs from SFAM was great for me, the Systematic Chaos songs were awesome live (I really like SC, and always have), and also really enjoyed all the others, especially that personally I find some I&W songs to be far better live than on the album (I find it a good album, but there are several others I love more).

The whole setlist was:
1. Overture 1928 
2. Strange Déjà Vu 
3. Honor Thy Father 
4. Constant Motion 
5. The Dark Eternal Night 
6. Surrounded 
7. Never Enough 
8. Forsaken 
9. Take the Time 
10. The Spirit Carries On 
11. Home 
Encore:
12. Wait for Sleep 
13. Learning To Live

Also, that was when I got my T-shirt with the Systematic Chaos cover. :D It was pretty expensive, but I've been wearing it quite a lot, most recently Tuesday, and it's still in a great shape, so it was definitely worth it...

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 07:15:24 AM »
I remember I hadn't slept for days because of the excitement of the gig...

road'n roll to Dream Theater...

waiting for the gig with friends...

guess what this is!

I left my friends behind and went forward... they weren't as enthusiastic about the gig as I was... I didn't want to get distracted...

exhilarated after the gig...

oh no! I'm in pain again!  :-\

EDIT: the title of the thread is tricky... I was intrigued  ;)

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 07:34:53 AM »
First time was 8/21/04, a one-off in Worcester, MA during the tour with Yes. Absolutely AMAZING setlist; I could hardly believe it when they opened with Metropolis.

1. Metropolis
2. This Dying Soul
3. Peruvian Skies
4. War Inside my Head
5. The Test That Stumped Them All
6. A Fortune in Lies
7. Endless Sacrifice
8. Instrumedly
9. Through My Words
10. Fatal Tragedy
11. Pull Me Under
12. Stream of Consciousness
13. The Spirit Carries On
14. Solitary Shell
15. About to Crash (Reprise)
16. Losing Time/Grand Finale
17. In the Name of God (encore)

Also got pretty close to JP, Rena, and MP outside the buses before the show. JP had shades on the whole show  :biggrin:. Wife and I were only about 20 feet from the stage.

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 07:37:15 AM »

Also got pretty close to JP, Rena, and MP outside the buses before the show. JP had shades on the whole show  :biggrin:. Wife and I were only about 20 feet from the stage.

Cool  :tup

Offline Jamariquay

• When in Rome...
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 07:48:34 AM »
I saw them in 2007, in Grand Prairie, TX. Setlist:

Constant Motion
Strange Deja Vu
Take The Time
Blind Faith
The Dark Eternal Night
Lines In The Sand
I Walk Beside You
Metropolis, Pt. 1
In The Presence Of Enemies
====
Schmedley Wilcox

Blind Faith, LITS, and Metropolis (which wasn't being played that often on that tour) were highlights for me, and I really ended up enjoying TDEN and ITPOE as well. The only issue was that during the otherwise awesome Take The Time, James sang the "wasted year" second verse (which he did fine, actually), but Mike apparently skipped right on ahead to the "Close my eyes" third verse. I didn't notice at the time, but I suppose I should mention it all the same. Anyway, very fun show.

Offline reo73

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 08:33:25 AM »
Late '99 or early '00 on SFAM tour in a club in Hollywood.  It was the show that the fire marshall broke up as they started into TSCO (they make mention of it in the SFAM DVD commentary).  Labrie never came out and MP started singing, about 1/2 way through the song they cut the house PA system but the band kept playing with the crowd singing.  After the song ended about 20 cops came in with riot gear and forced everyone out.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 08:36:04 AM »
Late '99 or early '00 on SFAM tour in a club in Hollywood.  It was the show that the fire marshall broke up as they started into TSCO (they make mention of it in the SFAM DVD commentary).  Labrie never came out and MP started singing, about 1/2 way through the song they cut the house PA system but the band kept playing with the crowd singing.  After the song ended about 20 cops came in with riot gear and forced everyone out.

Everyone survived? By the grace of God above?
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline kartmaze2

• DTF Cybernetician
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 08:41:21 AM »
Octavarium - European Fall Tour
9/30/2005 Oslo, Norway

Venue: Spektrum

Set List:
In the Name of God outro (intro tape)
1. The Root of All Evil
2. Panic Attack
3. Another Won
4. A Fortune in Lies
5. Under a Glass Moon
6. Caught In a Web
7. Peruvian jam/
8. Peruvian Skies (w/ Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd) and Wherever I May Roam (Metallica))
9. Home
10. About To Crash (Reprise)
11. Losing Time/Grand Finale
~~~intermission~~~
12. As I Am
13. Endless Sacrifice
14. Never Enough
15. Sacrificed Sons
16. Octavarium
~~~encore~~~
17. The Spirit Carries On
18. Pull Me Under/
19. Metropolis pt 1

I just wish I had discovered SDOIT at the time, because About to Crash (reprise) and Losing Time/Grand Finale are so crazy awesome! Octavarium (song) hadn't grown on me yet either. Had mostly been listening to SFAM, I&W and some Awake up until then. A better set today than then, for my part.

I remember enjoying Caught in a Web, Panic Attack and Metropolis the most.
Ahh, 6 years... Time flies.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 08:52:06 AM by kartmaze2 »

Offline EstyMaJ

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 08:42:47 AM »
This was my first and i do still remember it , and even more so since someone here was nice enough to give me a recording of it thats was so cool to here again !!

Dream Theater at Axis, Boston, MA, USA
Dec 16 1992
Artist: Dream Theater, Tour: Images and Tour, Venue: Axis, Boston, MA, USA
1.   Metropolis Pt. 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper
2.   Under A Glass Moon
3.   Surrounded
4.   Pull Me Under
5.   The Ytse Jam
6.   Moon Bubbles
7.   Another Day
8.   Another Hand / The Killing Hand
9.   Take The Time
10.   Wait For Sleep
11.   Oh Holy Night
12.   Learning To Live

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 08:50:47 AM »

Never heard of it... Tell us more!

Offline reo73

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 09:47:43 AM »

On that tour they were starting the show by playing SFAM all the way through.  Jordan had long hair and Petrucci was still playing the his Ibanez guitars.  The show was at a club in Hollywood that maybe held about 1,500.  It had a floor area with a bar at the rear and a small balcony above with seats .  Dixie Dreggs opened.  I was standing about 3 people back in front of Petrucci.  He was literally 15 ft away.    So here's how it went down...

So I guess the shows promoter sold more tix than the place could hold and they exceeded capacity.  The show starts and everything is just rockin away.  DT was killing it and everyone was into it.  At some point at the end of 'One Last Time' Labrie walks of stage and there is a slight pause in anticipatin of TSCO.  Suddenly from behind the kit MP starts singing the opening verse.  I thought this was just how they were doing it but then as the music kicks in Labrie never came out and Portnoy keeps singing.  At this point Labrie never came back out.  So at the first break from vocal MP announces as the band is playing that the Fire Marshall is shutting down the show but they are going to play as long as possible.  They keep playing and at this point the crowd is singing and not MP.  At some point they kick on the house lights...band doesn;t skip a beat and keeps playing.  Then they shut-off the PA as Petrucci is about to launch into the Guitar Solo so all the sound is coming from the stage amps.  They are still playing and kicking ass.  The last chorus comes and everyone is singing with only stage volume for music and I have chills because it is just one of those moments.

The song ends a little short becuse the Fire Marshall actually cuts power to the stage to force the stop of the music.  Then some manager comes out and says that we all need to leave immediately and about 20 cops appear on stage and start pushing forward to get people out the doors in the rear.  Everyone exits without commotion.

I was bummed the show ended early but TSCO was amazing with the band playing without a PA and the crowd singing.   

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 09:51:36 AM »
WOW... and this was your first time.... Awesome in a way....
I wish I was there....

thanks for sharing  ;)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 03:23:28 PM »

[i mg]https://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu51/senemn/6409_98838019982_543984982_2022389_6105119_n.jpg[/img]

[i mg]https://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu51/senemn/6409_98838094982_543984982_2022400_7770291_n.jpg[/img]

guess what this is!
[i mg]https://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu51/senemn/6409_98838199982_543984982_2022416_5634158_n.jpg[/img]

I left my friends behind and went forward... they weren't as enthusiastic about the gig as I was... I didn't want to get distracted...
[i mg]https://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu51/senemn/6409_98838184982_543984982_2022414_3504225_n.jpg[/img]

[i mg]https://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu51/senemn/6409_98838224982_543984982_2022420_2636589_n.jpg[/img]

Thread-making 101: pique the kids' curiosity  ;D  Fantastic post and great pics btw :tup
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 03:32:17 PM »

On that tour they were starting the show by playing SFAM all the way through.  Jordan had long hair and Petrucci was still playing the his Ibanez guitars.  The show was at a club in Hollywood that maybe held about 1,500.  It had a floor area with a bar at the rear and a small balcony above with seats .  Dixie Dreggs opened.  I was standing about 3 people back in front of Petrucci.  He was literally 15 ft away.    So here's how it went down...

So I guess the shows promoter sold more tix than the place could hold and they exceeded capacity.  The show starts and everything is just rockin away.  DT was killing it and everyone was into it.  At some point at the end of 'One Last Time' Labrie walks of stage and there is a slight pause in anticipatin of TSCO.  Suddenly from behind the kit MP starts singing the opening verse.  I thought this was just how they were doing it but then as the music kicks in Labrie never came out and Portnoy keeps singing.  At this point Labrie never came back out.  So at the first break from vocal MP announces as the band is playing that the Fire Marshall is shutting down the show but they are going to play as long as possible.  They keep playing and at this point the crowd is singing and not MP.  At some point they kick on the house lights...band doesn;t skip a beat and keeps playing.  Then they shut-off the PA as Petrucci is about to launch into the Guitar Solo so all the sound is coming from the stage amps.  They are still playing and kicking ass.  The last chorus comes and everyone is singing with only stage volume for music and I have chills because it is just one of those moments.

The song ends a little short becuse the Fire Marshall actually cuts power to the stage to force the stop of the music.  Then some manager comes out and says that we all need to leave immediately and about 20 cops appear on stage and start pushing forward to get people out the doors in the rear.  Everyone exits without commotion.

I was bummed the show ended early but TSCO was amazing with the band playing without a PA and the crowd singing.   

There's a fairly good audience recording of that crazy night! I may provide it to you, if you don't already have it.  ;)
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 03:32:31 PM »
Back in 1998, at The Maritime in SF.  Didn't have full knowledge of their music, but was floored by their intensity...

Set List:  
      A Clockwork Orange (intro tape)
1.  The Crimson Sunrise/
2.  Innocence/
3.  Just Let Me Breathe
4.  Burning My Soul
5.  Take the Time/
6.  Freebird (Lynryd Skynyrd)
7.  piano solo/
8.  Anna Lee (w/ small drum kit)
9.  Speak to Me (w/ small drum kit)
10.  keyboard solo/
11.  Lines in the Sand
12.  Caught in a Web (w/ drum solo w/ audience participation)/
13.  Lie
14.  Peruvian Skies (w/ Have a Cigar (Pink Floyd) and Enter Sandman (Metallica))/
15.  guitar solo (w/ Flight of the Bumblebee, My Way (Frank Sinatra) and Paradigm Shift (LTE))
16.  Pull Me Under
17.  Trial of Tears
~~~encore~~~
18.  Metropolis Part 1 (w/ extended jam section)/
19.  Learning to Live (abridged)/
20.  The Crimson Sunset (w/ A Fortune in Lies teaser)
Under a Glass Moon - lounge version (outro tape)

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 03:38:07 PM »

[i mg]https://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu51/senemn/6409_98838019982_543984982_2022389_6105119_n.jpg[/img]

[i mg]https://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu51/senemn/6409_98838094982_543984982_2022400_7770291_n.jpg[/img]

guess what this is!
[i mg]https://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu51/senemn/6409_98838199982_543984982_2022416_5634158_n.jpg[/img]

[i mg]https://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu51/senemn/6409_98838184982_543984982_2022414_3504225_n.jpg[/img]

[i mg]https://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu51/senemn/6409_98838224982_543984982_2022420_2636589_n.jpg[/img]

Thread-making 101: pique the kids' curiosity  ;D  Fantastic post and great pics btw :tup

thanks ;)

Offline thyer

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 04:00:47 PM »
My fitsrt time was the first DT concert in Italy...in 1993 (200 people to watch the concert)...after I saaw them for 17 times (1 in London):

05/04/1993 Rolling Stone Milano, Italia Images and Tour -1st European Leg
Voice: James LaBrie
Guitar: John Petrucci
Key: Kevin Moore
Bass: John Myung
Drum: Mike Portnoy
Special Guest: R.A.F.

SetList
1. Metropolis Part I/
2. A Fortune In Lies
3. Under a Glass Moon
4. Surrounded
5. Ytsejam (w/ drum solo)
6. Another Day/
7. Another Hand/
8. The Killing Hand
9. Pull Me Under
10. Take the Time
--- encore---
11. Wait For Sleep
12. Learning to Live
Twin Peaks (outro tape)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 04:34:09 PM »
My first DT show was this one:

Set List: 
1.  The Glass Prison
2.  This Dying Soul
3.  Panic Attack
4.  Just Let Me Breathe
5.  Under a Glass Moon
6.  Never Enough
7.  Endless Sacrifice
8.  Home
~~~encore~~~
9.  Pull Me Under/
10.  Metropolis pt 1

A pretty awesome set. The highlight for me was seeing my then favorite song Home, and then Endless Sacrifice I remembered from Budakon. The only album I had at the the time was Scenes, and was the only album I heard other than Budakon, so sucks I don't really remember as much as my 2nd concert:

Set List:
1. As I Am
2. Constant Motion
3. A Rite of Passage
4. Panic Attack
5. Home (single intro)
6. Pull Me Under
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 07:49:58 PM »
My first DT show setlist:

1. A Nightmare to Remember
2. A Rite of Passage
3. Hollow Years (Tight Ending)
4. Constant Motion (Quick Keyboard Spot)
5. Erotomania
6. Voices
7. The Spirit Carries On
8. As I Am
9. Pull Me Under/Metropolis
10. The Count of Tuscany
-
2010 Porto Alegre, Brazil...
Guns N' Roses played a show here in Porto Alegre the same day...then Petrucci played the Sweet Child O'Mine riff after the Metropolis jam and everyone started to boo  :rollin
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 07:51:32 PM »
I honestly can't remember the set list since I've seen them like 7 times. But it was on the 6 degrees tour, and they opened with The Glass Prison, that's all I can remember and I'm not even 100% sure of it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com