General > General Discussion

Trying to lose weight...Without support from your parents.

(1/6) > >>

alirocker08:
Lets set the situation out, I'm a teenager who wants to lose weight for a number of reasons, so that I look nicer in general, so that I'm healthier, and so that I have a better chance of making it into acting (even in stage acting, the young lead females are generally healthy looking and attractive). Now, I'm not morbidly obese or anything, but being 5'3" the puppy fat that was meant to come off during my growth spurt hasn't because...Well, I never grew.

I can see why I've gotten to where I am, and in recent years (since my sister went to University) one of the main reasons that I'm a tad larger than my friends is because Mum stopped giving us proper meals and instead gave us crap. For a lot of the week we either eat waffles and greasy sausages, chips, white pasta and burgers, with barely any veg. I finally decided after seeing some holiday photos that I was going to try and lose weight, and so I ask mum if I can make my own meals. She says no, because apparently I don't eat enough good stuff.

It's gotten to the point where I'm willing to cook my own meals and maybe even buy my own ingredients when I can barely afford it when I should be able to rely on my mother to give me and my siblings at least one decent evening meal. I'm not one for vegetables, but I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to have to try them and eat them for my own good health. I'm also going to drink water (I already get my 8 glasses a day most days) and go jogging and play on the Wii fit, but it will all be pretty useless if I can't get my parents on side.

So, what do DTF? My sister told me to completely ignore my mother and commandeer the kitchen, but well...She's kind of scary when she's pissy and I don't want to upset her. Any ideas?

kári:
Explain the part again why your mom won't let you cook your own food? I don't get it.

alirocker08:
Because apparently I don't eat enough good stuff to make a proper meal apparently, but I wont be able to eat enough good stuff unless she lets me try it out and not make me eat her meals. She has a strange sense of logic.

Adami:

--- Quote from: alirocker08 on August 17, 2011, 02:44:23 PM ---Because apparently I don't eat enough good stuff to make a proper meal apparently, but I wont be able to eat enough good stuff unless she lets me try it out and not make me eat her meals. She has a strange sense of logic.

--- End quote ---

Hunger strike?

alirocker08:
Might be an idea.

But I don't think I could last :')

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version