Poll

What are you most impressed with for the new album?

Guitar
4 (4.9%)
Keyboards
40 (48.8%)
Drums
1 (1.2%)
Bass
1 (1.2%)
Vocals
9 (11%)
Haven't heard enough to decide.
27 (32.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Author Topic: From what you have heard...  (Read 1626 times)

Offline composure77

From what you have heard...
« on: August 12, 2011, 11:26:55 AM »
Personally, the Keyboards from OTBOA and the 2 teasers have impressed me the most. JR wasn't lying when he said there would be a lot of piano on this album  :tup

Thoughts?

Offline wammabe

Re: From what you have heard...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 11:29:43 AM »
Keyboards, I really like the sounds Jordan Rudess is using and the fact that they can be easily heard in the mix.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 03:39:22 PM »
Probably vocals, it will be very interesting to see how they structured the vocal medolies and if the lyrics (included in voting for vocals I guess) are what we have been expecting them to be.

Offline Scooterfruit

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 03:51:15 PM »
Honestly, none of the above.

What's impressed me most is the orchestration and how obvious it is that they spent a lot of time on these songs. This is INCREDIBLY inspiring and awesome to hear!

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 03:52:03 PM »
Everything.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 04:24:17 PM »
Definitely the keyboards so far. I think that they finally get the presence they deserve, and JR really offers some very nice playing on the bits I've heard so far.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline Raoul Sanchez

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 04:46:03 PM »
Individually I'd say keys, but tbh the thing that stands out to me the most is how every instrument is working together. Nothing really stands out above anything else really.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 06:10:11 PM »
Definitely the keyboards so far. I think that they finally get the presence they deserve, and JR really offers some very nice playing on the bits I've heard so far.

This.  I think he's also picking the right sound for the small sample I've heard.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline IdoSC

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 07:37:47 PM »
Keyboards.

While MM's drums are definitely better than MP's latest efforts, they're still not anything that makes me go WOW. JLB's vocals are really great production-wise, but again, it's nothing special - it's just better than the previous, mediocre outings of DT. Same goes for JM, it's better but not enough. JP's guitar is always amazing, to a point that I can't get excited about them. I do love it that there's no exaggerating shredding solo in OTBOA, where it'd probably fit the most (as it's an AROP-style single).

The keyboards are just amazing. They're so peaceful, I even love the way his iPad stuff sound this time around. They make me feel like I'm listening to SDOIT disc 2/IAW/SFAM.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 08:01:22 PM »
Honestly, none of the above.

What's impressed me most is the orchestration and how obvious it is that they spent a lot of time on these songs. This is INCREDIBLY inspiring and awesome to hear!

This
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )