• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: Soda
« Reply #175 on: May 21, 2014, 07:02:14 AM »
Blob, but cats land on their feet!

:lol Too soon!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #176 on: May 21, 2014, 07:16:33 AM »

Outside of the splash of coke in a Long Island Iced Tea, I've never had a soda.... ever.

Never had soda, and never seen Star Wars.
I think I've figured it out! You were raised by big cats in the jungle, and only recently found your way back to civilization. It would explain a lot. :P

:lol :lol My mom said that when I was about three, her and my dad took me to a local amusement park. I tried a sip and spit out all over myself. I haven't tried it since. I should also add that most of the time, when I order a long island, I order it without the coke.

I initially assumed that not having soda would have been due to your parents. So is it the fizziness that puts you off? Dammit man, I think it's time for another try!

Yeah. I hate the fizzies. That's why I drank hard liquor for the longest time and avoided beer. At this point, I feel there's no added benefit to soda, and I already eat unhealthy as it is. I don't need that in additional poison in me  :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #177 on: May 21, 2014, 08:22:38 AM »
Since I love the fizzies but am not too crazy about the syrup, I've adopted 1 part sweetened fruit juice to 2 parts seltzer as my beverage of choice. Going with lemonade for the time being; just enough acid to mesh with the fizz. Lite Cranapple peach also makes for a pretty refreshing beverage. Truth be told, though, I can pour a litre of seltzer and drink it up just fine with only a twist of lime (not that you can find them anymore).
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #178 on: May 21, 2014, 08:32:23 AM »
I put plain seltzer in pancake mix.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #179 on: May 21, 2014, 10:06:30 AM »
I love the fizz, but struggle to drink seltzer.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #180 on: May 23, 2014, 12:01:58 PM »
I caved in, I couldn't resist. I'm a slave to my baja blast master:

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
  • Beware the Jabberwock, my son...
« Reply #181 on: May 23, 2014, 01:46:55 PM »
I love soda.  I try not to drink it so much because I know it's horrible for you, and I lost weight pretty quickly the last time I gave it up.  But I especially like to have it with meals...some people prefer wine or beer with their meals, for me it's soda. 
I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.

Offline Ravenfoul

« Reply #182 on: May 23, 2014, 03:58:19 PM »
Ugh. I really have trouble not drinking soda, it's not that I don't even like the taste of water it usually tastes really good and refreshing. But it's so boring in comparison. I used to down it like you wouldn't believe, but even now it's still way way too much.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #183 on: May 23, 2014, 04:06:41 PM »
So after spending the better part of the day researching/drinking Baja blast, I have come to find that there was a whole movement to liberate Baja blast from its Taco bell captor:

https://www.collegehumor.com/video/3525556/operation-baja-blast

This rabbit hole keeps getting deeper and deeper.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #184 on: July 16, 2014, 06:52:42 PM »
I miss Surge

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #185 on: July 16, 2014, 08:26:47 PM »
DOOOOOOOOD!!!!!! Fuckin SURRRRRRRRRRGE!!!!!!
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #186 on: July 17, 2014, 07:15:02 AM »
I miss Surge

So do I.  I loved that stuff when I was a kid and would go down to Florida because they didnt sell it in NJ, eventually they did but it didnt last long.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #187 on: July 17, 2014, 07:19:07 AM »
Hires Root Beer.  There is no better root beer.  Problem is, its distribution has next to completely fizzled.  I can't find it anywhere or find anyone who has a store that carries it.  I could order some for big bucks on Amazon, but I'm not quite ready to go that far yet.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #188 on: July 17, 2014, 10:08:06 AM »
I don't drink soda that much anymore but I recently for the first time drank Mountain Dew, didn't know what to expect as i've heard alot about it but never tasted it. Pretty good actually.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #189 on: July 17, 2014, 10:24:18 AM »
My family generally has tons of flavored seltzer water in the fridge, unsweetened (though they're pretty sweet just because of the flavoring), and that's basically the only soda we drink except when we go out. I've started to really like chocolate milk/soymilk though.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline dparrott

« Reply #190 on: July 17, 2014, 11:19:01 AM »
Love it, even though it's bad for ya.  I usually only drink diet though, coke and pepsi are too sweet for me.  My faves are diet cherry pepsi, cherry coke zero, and manzanita sol (apple soda).  My wife's been encouraging me to drink more natural soda like hansens or zevia.  But when I need caffeine, those don't cut it.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #191 on: July 17, 2014, 11:39:48 AM »
Hires Root Beer.  There is no better root beer.  Problem is, its distribution has next to completely fizzled.  I can't find it anywhere or find anyone who has a store that carries it.  I could order some for big bucks on Amazon, but I'm not quite ready to go that far yet.
We sell it at our store here in MN
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #192 on: July 17, 2014, 12:09:31 PM »
1000-ish miles.  It just might be worth the trip.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #193 on: July 17, 2014, 12:14:02 PM »
I still remember classic sodas like Apple Slice and Crystal Pepsi

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #194 on: July 17, 2014, 12:19:52 PM »
The problem with Hires Root Beer is that Dr. Pepper needs to get their shit together and bottle it. It would taste so much better. Craft sodas are picking back up, so it'd be a good idea to do that.

In April, we got an entire doors worth of root beer and craft sodas, over 50 different kinds of pop. So the market is there.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #195 on: July 17, 2014, 12:36:51 PM »
I'm deeply deeply pre-sorry for posting this but it reminded me of this little gem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGwibPdEOVk&list=UUDZESjYAwh-ws7ZSZZ8DKeg

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #196 on: July 17, 2014, 12:46:40 PM »
The problem with Hires Root Beer is that Dr. Pepper needs to get their shit together and bottle it. It would taste so much better. Craft sodas are picking back up, so it'd be a good idea to do that.

In April, we got an entire doors worth of root beer and craft sodas, over 50 different kinds of pop. So the market is there.

I'm seriously considering PayPal-ing you to send me some.  :lol

Offline dparrott

« Reply #197 on: July 17, 2014, 03:18:42 PM »
I'm deeply deeply pre-sorry for posting this but it reminded me of this little gem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGwibPdEOVk&list=UUDZESjYAwh-ws7ZSZZ8DKeg

The fact that the dude actually spent $80 on that is a measure of his intelligence. 

Actually crystal cola actually exists, it's called Hansens.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #198 on: July 17, 2014, 03:22:55 PM »
Any sodastream owners here? I'm don't drink much sugarwater, but I drink seltzer by the gallon, and I'm tired of lugging overpriced water out of the Kroger's twice a week.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #199 on: July 17, 2014, 05:26:06 PM »
I don't know how you can drink seltzer EB.  That after taste is a palate wrecker.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #200 on: July 18, 2014, 08:24:40 AM »
Huh. I'd consider it more a palate cleanser. Certainly don't notice any aftertaste. Myself, I'll drink it with a twist of lime if I'm eating out, or with a splash of lemonade at home. Either way quite refreshing.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #201 on: July 18, 2014, 08:31:52 AM »
I never thought of it as refreshing.  Maybe I'm just in the minority but I do no like it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Grizz

« Reply #202 on: July 18, 2014, 10:52:46 PM »
This one time, at band camp...
It was my freshman year. We were a percussion ensemble, and were about to face six hours of torturous harnesses on our own time. My band director decided to pep us all up by making us chug a half pint of Dr Pepper, a drink he doesn't particularly love but obsesses over because it shares its name with his wife. I hadn't tried any non-lemon lime soda since childhood, when I was overwhelmed by the fizz, so I was amazed at the sweetness. I've been drinking it ever since, except when I was in the hospital because albuterol.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #203 on: July 19, 2014, 03:01:52 PM »
This one time, at band camp...
It was my freshman year. We were a percussion ensemble, and were about to face six hours of torturous harnesses on our own time. My band director decided to pep us all up by making us chug a half pint of Dr Pepper, a drink he doesn't particularly love but obsesses over because it shares its name with his wife. I hadn't tried any non-lemon lime soda since childhood, when I was overwhelmed by the fizz, so I was amazed at the sweetness. I've been drinking it ever since, except when I was in the hospital because albuterol.

I was expecting that to end with "because diabetes."

I know I am a horrible person. 
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Grizz

« Reply #204 on: July 19, 2014, 08:37:49 PM »
...I'm 16 and my BMI is 24.9. If I had type I I don't think I'd drink it in the first place.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #205 on: July 25, 2014, 07:33:04 AM »
Awesome tip during summer heat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6ncuv3gewI

BTW have anyone tasted these:

« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 08:08:57 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »

Offline slycordinator

« Reply #206 on: July 27, 2014, 06:26:00 AM »
Any sodastream owners here? I'm don't drink much sugarwater, but I drink seltzer by the gallon, and I'm tired of lugging overpriced water out of the Kroger's twice a week.
The thing is expensive. You'd be better off doing it DYI, since you can likely fill a much bigger CO2 canister locally for the same amount they sodastream charges for their tiny ones.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #207 on: July 27, 2014, 11:31:29 AM »

They taste amazing. And that video was cool and interesting.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #208 on: July 27, 2014, 01:03:10 PM »

They taste amazing. And that video was cool and interesting.
I kind of felt they would. I don't drink soda that much but when I do I much rather drink something good rather than thinking about to much sugar and stuff. A bit hard to get where I live though.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #209 on: July 27, 2014, 02:33:55 PM »
I'd fill a hat with the names of my relatives whom are most likely to leave me inheritances, draw a name from it, and tell that person to write me out of their will if that was all it'd take to be guaranteed to find a place within 5 miles of me selling Pepsi throwback at all points in time for the rest of my life.