Author Topic: Soda  (Read 49962 times)

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Soda
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2012, 03:37:00 PM »
Just picked up a case of Dark Knight mountain dew, and I'm loving it.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2012, 03:39:20 PM »
I'd have the balls to go lava surfing in hell if I had a bottle of that.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Ħ

« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2012, 03:40:17 PM »
I find it ironic that the original intent of the thread was talking about the health detriments of soda and trying to cut back, and it's turned into a thread about everyone's favorite sodas. :lol
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline jcmistat

« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2012, 04:09:47 PM »
Soda is rarely in the house and I won't go to the store to buy it. Now if its available at a friends or party I will drink it.

Orange soda, Dr. Pepper, and Mountain Dew, Sprite and Ginger Ale. Good stuff.

Coke is alright, its main use is for Rum and Cokes.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2012, 04:45:12 PM »
I have 6 to 8 cans a day between Caffeine-Free Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper, I know it's a problem.
And no I don't have the Diet sodas strictly for the weight watch, I'm just really love the taste of Aspartame.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2012, 04:49:03 PM »
Dr. Pepper is my vice. I just can't get enough of it
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2012, 05:08:51 PM »
Honestly I primary drink only water, but I do drink Mountain Dew as an alternative to Coffee, usually one can in the middle of the day. And that's really only during the school year.

I was once a Coffee addict, but Mountain Dew was like the Methadone that got me off of it.

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2012, 06:13:26 PM »
This thread is really helping me consider cutting back. I love Soda (we call it pop up here in 'Scaaaaansin'! *Wisconsin* But I know if I can cut back I'd feel a lot better.

Ive recently been turned onto Rockstar Recovery Which is basically Gatorade with Caffeine, and only 1 gram of Sugar. its kinda expensive but I think I can ween myself off most soda craving if I try going that route for a while.
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
https://www.thatdrummerguy.com

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2012, 08:19:05 PM »
I've REALLY been into Diet A&W root beer lately. That stuff must be made primarily from unicorn nectar.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2012, 11:34:58 PM »
I cut pop, as us Canadians call it, out of my diet in March, after having a Coke almost everyday. It was a great thing to do! I've lost weight and the cravings, but I do have an occasional pop here and there and it is amazing when I have it now because I rarely have it.
May The Force Be With You.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2012, 11:36:30 PM »
I haven't had soda in about 10 years (easiest decision ever). Lately however I've been hooked on vitamin water.

As soon as I move back to St. Louis in 3 weeks I plan on giving that up as well. Never good to be hooked on something.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2012, 05:26:01 AM »
I drink it, but only once a week or so. I really enjoy most of the common ones, Coke, Sprite, Fanta and so on.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #117 on: August 03, 2012, 02:16:09 PM »
It's Ramadan so I've been drinking much less soda cause I get worried about dehydration during the day. I don't eat or drink from sunrise to sunset so from the time I break my fast until the next sunrise I drink at least 2 gallons of water cause I'm crazy and have some sort of dehydration phobia and I wanna be ready for the next day :lol But oh well, it pays off, I can count the sodas I've had since the start of Ramadan til now on one hand and today is the 16th. I'll try to work out a way to keep it up after the month is over.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #118 on: August 03, 2012, 02:25:05 PM »
I'm finally in the process of kicking my Mountain Dew addiction, but I know as soon as the semester starts, I'm likely to relapse.

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2012, 03:32:43 PM »
I hate most soda. I've always despised coke. Hate Pepsi. I loved Sprite and orange soda but those are just too sweet for me now. Very, very rarely though I'll have rootbeer. But, like, only one every few months.  :tup I'm trying to be a healthy eater :lol
3 corn snakes, 1 boa, 1 python, 1 milk snake, 1 king snake, 1 rat snake, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2012, 08:25:29 PM »
So I'm quite fond of raspberry coke at that awesome soda robot thing at Wendy's. Lime coke is swell as well.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2012, 08:27:57 PM »
I hate most soda. I've always despised coke. Hate Pepsi. I loved Sprite and orange soda but those are just too sweet for me now. Very, very rarely though I'll have rootbeer. But, like, only one every few months.  :tup I'm trying to be a healthy eater :lol

I'll splurge and have a Sierra Mist Natural or a Hansen's once a week, but other than that I'm drinking water and/or hot/iced tea.  I'm trying to be healthier too.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2012, 09:07:37 PM »
Can't drink my Captain Morgan with out coke :)  Actually, these days it's caffiene free Diet pepsi :)

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2012, 09:09:16 PM »
Oh man, Morgan and Coke is :tup

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2012, 09:13:26 PM »
Cap'n and Coke----- ><--------  Moi    :biggrin:

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2012, 09:15:12 PM »
Haha, no kidding! :lol

Offline Ħ

« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2012, 11:10:29 AM »
I'm getting into energy drinks. Sugarfree, caloriefree Rockstars to be specific. Love that stuff. I'm not getting too dependent though, but it's great when you just didn't get enough sleep the night before. I have an 8am class this summer and wake up at 6:30, but all my friends stay up til midnight-ish, so I'm slamming about one every two days.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Algo Fonix

• The Generic Dr. Pepper
  • DT.net Member
  • Pretty tired
« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2012, 11:16:33 AM »
Gonna try and give the stuff up again. I don't drink a lot, but I would like to end up just drinking water, milk, and juice.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2012, 11:17:15 AM »
Careful with the juice, it can be pretty bad.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2012, 11:47:17 AM »
Make sure you pick a juice that's 100% natural and I'd suggest diluting the juice with water (half and half).  That method does work best with orange juice though.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2012, 11:54:14 AM »
I just tried Mountain Dew White out for the first time.

https://www.bevreview.com/wp-content/image_mountaindew_whiteout_01.jpg

Didn't really like it  :tdwn     It seemed like it could have been good, but the after taste ruins it.

Why would you ever expect white out to taste good?

I was hoping it was gonna have like a lemonade thing going on, but sadly no.  :sad:

Oh well, at least it wasn't as bad as this:

Coke and OJ is surprisingly refreshing, so this could be not as bad as it sounds.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #131 on: August 08, 2012, 11:59:45 AM »

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #132 on: August 08, 2012, 12:05:44 PM »

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #133 on: August 08, 2012, 12:29:09 PM »
Don't knock it till you've tried it.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #134 on: August 08, 2012, 05:29:10 PM »
Very true, but it just doesn't sound/look appealing to me.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2012, 07:47:18 PM »
I'm such a diet soda junkie now. I have about 4-5 cans every day. Working at the hotel, cans are of the utmost convenience. On today's menu, I had Coke Vanilla Zero (amazing stuff), Diet Ruby Red Squirt (SERIOUSLY amazing stuff), Dr Pepper 10 (so good), Diet Sierra Mist (extremely refreshing), and Diet Orange Crush (HOLY FUCK THIS STUFF IS SO GOOD).

I've probably tried and adored every diet soda there is. Sometimes the variety of all the delicious fizzy drinks I keep around my apartment is the only thing that keeps me going.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline 6sAllTheWay

« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2012, 09:59:27 AM »
Did you guys find that you got healthier after quitting/cutting down?

Definitely. When I drank soda I would not get enough water during the day, soda pop would basically be my substitute for water when I was thirsty and that is bad! Now I only drink water, tea and milk.

Offline rogerdil

« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2012, 10:01:44 AM »
"Beginning in mid-August 2012, the 'first batch' of [Mountain Dew] Johnson City Gold will be available for a limited time in select Kroger stores across the Midwest, and in 7-Eleven stores in the test markets of Denver, Colo. and Charlotte, N.C. starting September 1, 2012."

https://www.bevnet.com/news/2012/pepsico-launching-new-malt-flavored-mountain-dew

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2012, 10:30:01 AM »
Did you guys find that you got healthier after quitting/cutting down?

Absolutely. When I was like 14, I used to drink almost 2 liters of soda a day. When I switched to just water I dropped almost 10-15 pounds. Soda is really like a candy bar in liquid form.

Offline Akasha

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #139 on: August 11, 2012, 08:22:38 AM »
I'm finally in the process of kicking my Mountain Dew addiction, but I know as soon as the semester starts, I'm likely to relapse.

That is one addiction I refuse to give up! I also refuse to give up my Reeses Cups.