Author Topic: JR"This summer of touring was a highlight of my 13 years with DT"  (Read 4607 times)

Offline SnakeEyes

• Conservative Ninja, yet not mute
Re: JR"This summer of touring was a highlight of my 13 years with DT"
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2011, 09:58:16 PM »
I see where bosk was coming from.  JPX was being sarcastic, then tried to cover it up with, "it was just a suggestion."  No, it wasn't.  It was pointless, bosk was right. 
Now that Obama has closed Gitmo, when will he turn his attention to the abuses and torturing of the onions that are used to make the angry whopper?

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2011, 10:09:14 PM »
they're going psychosane.

On a serious note, I'm loving the positive outcome coming out of this. I can't wait to see this new DT incarnation live.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2011, 10:12:27 PM »

This made me assume I clicked on the Adrenaline Mob thread.

I'm loving the positive outcome coming out of this.

This made me question that assumption.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2011, 10:14:46 PM »
JR's comment feels very telling, but regardless, cool to hear that the internal workings of the band are strongly positive.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2011, 10:27:18 PM »
It's a great, positive message.  Unfortunately, anything positive that JR or any of them says automatically makes people wonder how much MP's absence -- or MM's presence -- has to do with it.  Don't get me wrong; it's natural to wonder, and I'm not even saying it's a bad thing.  The guys want to assure fans that things are cool within the band, MM is fitting is well, and it's not like they're having a hard time working things out with the new guy.  Also, JR has never, as far as I can tell, been less than 100% sincere about what he says, so it's not just PR.

Still, anything can be misconstrued.  If things were less than cool, is that MM's fault somehow, is it proof that MP's departure really did mess things up, or something like that?  If everyone seems to be happy and having a good time, is that because MP is no longer there being a tyrant, or just because MM is a fun guy and brings new life to the group, or something else?

Or maybe I just think too much.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2011, 10:28:32 PM »

This made me assume I clicked on the Adrenaline Mob thread.

I'm loving the positive outcome coming out of this.

This made me question that assumption.

I love loving mind tricks
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline dongringo

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2011, 11:45:23 PM »

That's what I'm thinking.  ;)
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2011, 12:30:54 AM »
It's a great, positive message.  Unfortunately, anything positive that JR or any of them says automatically makes people wonder how much MP's absence -- or MM's presence -- has to do with it.  Don't get me wrong; it's natural to wonder, and I'm not even saying it's a bad thing.  The guys want to assure fans that things are cool within the band, MM is fitting is well, and it's not like they're having a hard time working things out with the new guy.  Also, JR has never, as far as I can tell, been less than 100% sincere about what he says, so it's not just PR.

Still, anything can be misconstrued.  If things were less than cool, is that MM's fault somehow, is it proof that MP's departure really did mess things up, or something like that?  If everyone seems to be happy and having a good time, is that because MP is no longer there being a tyrant, or just because MM is a fun guy and brings new life to the group, or something else?

Nah, it's a reasonable thought. At the very least it's because of the fresh energy and enthusiasm that MM brings to the band. And his personality seems to fit the band perfectly, so they're probably having a good time touring with a refreshed lineup. Anything about MP being a factor is more speculative (and I wouldn't expect JR to make a public comment that intends to imply such a thing), but could definitely be a factor.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.