Author Topic: JR"This summer of touring was a highlight of my 13 years with DT"  (Read 4608 times)

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
I don't find it anywhere in the forum, so i'll post it here....

This summer of touring was a highlight of my 13 years with DT. Still buzzing from the great hangs on the tour bus, memorable backstage group practice sessions, lots of laughs and a unity onstage that was apparent to all who came to our shows. Fans welcomed MM with open arms & the audiences were ecstatic. Can’t wait to share this new level of DT with the rest of the world!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: JR"This summer of touring was a highlight of my 13 years with DT"
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 12:14:49 PM »
Very cool.  Can you post a link to where that was from, please?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Harpejji

• The new number 2
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 12:16:22 PM »
I love him!  :heart

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 12:17:36 PM »
Very cool.  Can you post a link to where that was from, please?

Oh, sure Bosk: it's from his facebook both fanpage and personal profile https://www.facebook.com/jordanrudessofficial

Offline JPX

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 12:18:56 PM »
Or you could have just posted it in the DT 2011 Tour thread which is stickied at he top of the page.

Offline tgstk2

• Surmount Brutal Dutch Metal
  • PanterA
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 12:19:54 PM »
great to read! he's always very polite and political correct :-)
i'm glad to read this tour was A highlight and not THE highlight :metal
Als je dit vertaald hebt kom je erachter dat je weer een minuut van je leven hebt verspild

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 12:22:52 PM »
It's nice to hear the band had such good comraderie on the tour!   :)
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 12:23:15 PM »
The onstage unity JR mentions was indeed very apparent both from videos and from the show i attended.
I'm so glad that all the DT members seem so happy and united as a band.
To be honest especially for the last tour it seemed that everyone was in his own little word, with rare instances where all the members were together.
So glad that DT continue to exist in such a positive way and they didn't compromise for a hiatus.

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 12:23:21 PM »
Or you could have just posted it in the DT 2011 Tour thread which is stickied at he top of the page.

I thought such a "status" deserves more than a mere post... But if you want to close this thread and move the post on DT 2011 Tour it's fine to me.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 12:25:16 PM »

JPX, you aren't a mod and don't need to be telling people how or where to post.  If you don't have a constructive comment on the actual topic of the thread, please don't waste my server space by posting things that are unnecessary.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 12:30:39 PM »
 :|

Anyway ... great to hear this.  Can't wait to see them in 2 months myself.  So looking forward to it.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JPX

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 12:33:19 PM »

JPX, you aren't a mod and don't need to be telling people how or where to post.  If you don't have a constructive comment on the actual topic of the thread, please don't waste my server space by posting things that are unnecessary.

I wasn't telling anyone...it was a suggestion. And perhaps we should have a 'Jordan Facebook/Twitter status' page on the boards because pretty much everything he writes ends up on here whether it's informative or not.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 12:36:28 PM »
Once again, wheher you find it informative or not is irrelevant.  This thread is about Jordan's post, not whether you think it is appropriate to have separate threads on this or any other topic.  Now quit arguing about whether or not it is appropriate to post Jordan's Facebook posts or Tweets.  Either post on topic or don't post.  This is not your soapbox to argue with topic starters or with me.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 12:47:07 PM »
"memorable backstage group practice sessions"

I like this comment!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline JPX

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 12:48:48 PM »
Once again, wheher you find it informative or not is irrelevant.  This thread is about Jordan's post, not whether you think it is appropriate to have separate threads on this or any other topic.  Now quit arguing about whether or not it is appropriate to post Jordan's Facebook posts or Tweets.  Either post on topic or don't post.  This is not your soapbox to argue with topic starters or with me.

Once again...I wasn't arguing with the OP. It was suggestion to merge related information. Which part of that don't you understand?

Back on topic - I hope DT starts wearing friendship bands on the US leg of the tour. Then we'll know how close they really are!

Offline Blackfield

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 12:57:27 PM »

Once again...I wasn't arguing with the OP. It was suggestion to merge related information. Which part of that don't you understand?

Back on topic - I hope DT starts wearing friendship bands on the US leg of the tour. Then we'll know how close they really are!

Uhhm, you should let that go. Obviously people find this interesting and I for one think it deserves a topic of it's own.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 12:59:09 PM »
Which part of that don't you understand?

What part of "quit arging and derailing the thread" don't you understand?  You can think about the answer to that question during your week off.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 01:03:28 PM »
What's interesting is that if JLB made this comment, it would likely be percieved as against MP. So this is quite newsworthy in and of itself by the fact that this came from Jordan.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline WildeSilas

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011, 01:05:17 PM »
It's quite bittetsweet to hear other members saying things that confirm MP's reasons for leaving (i.e. good times backstage, meaning this wasn't really happening lately) and at the same time realizing it's probably MP's departure that corrected the problem. I really, really hope MP finds what he's looking for in his new projects and can have the same level of happiness the DT guys have found thru these changes. After all the shit slinging, they are all good guys at heart and deserve all the best after their many years of struggle and sacrifice.
No light at the end of the tunnel due to budget contraints

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2011, 01:07:59 PM »
Well said, Wilde!

I've been watching some of the DVDs this past week, Chaos On The Road, the Score Documentary, and I know what you mean.

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 01:11:34 PM »
It really does sound like they're having a great time -- it would certainly improve the live shows because they look like they are really a band playing together and having fun.

Offline jsem

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 01:12:07 PM »
It's quite bittetsweet to hear other members saying things that confirm MP's reasons for leaving (i.e. good times backstage, meaning this wasn't really happening lately) and at the same time realizing it's probably MP's departure that corrected the problem. I really, really hope MP finds what he's looking for in his new projects and can have the same level of happiness the DT guys have found thru these changes. After all the shit slinging, they are all good guys at heart and deserve all the best after their many years of struggle and sacrifice.
+1

Well said.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2011, 01:22:29 PM »
I can't wait to see all this myself, sounds like it's going to be a good first live impression of Dream Theater.

don't waste my server space
That is a powerful comment that just sounded awesome in my head.

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2011, 01:27:15 PM »
So I spent a good while scratching my head over "13 years with DT" until I finally realized that it said "JR" and not "JP."  :facepalm:

Anyway, good stuff to hear!  I haven't been this excited to see them live in over a decade!

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2011, 01:29:56 PM »
Wait, 13 years? I thought JR joined in 1999? I guess I was mistaken lol.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2011, 01:42:37 PM »

I think it was announced in January 1999, so technically not quite 13 years.  But from his perspective he was probably "in the band" before then, but just without the official announcement to the rest of the world (and Derek!). 

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2011, 01:44:09 PM »

99 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11
01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

;)

Sometimes counting with years is a little tricky, it's very easy to commit mistakes...

To be extremely precise, Jordan's been in the band for 12 years, 8 months, 6 days.
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 01:53:13 PM »
I like the comment about the band practicing together. Bodes well for the songwriting on DT XII.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2011, 02:05:40 PM »
It's very nice to hear such a statement from him. :)
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline wilgod3p

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2011, 02:08:19 PM »
seems they have more fun without portnoy...

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2011, 03:20:03 PM »
JR's comment is exactly why I cannot miss seeing them on this tour, even though they are playing the exact same day and town as Ghost whom is the only other band at the moment I am absolutely DYING to see  :facepalm:

DT wins this one by a nose.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2011, 03:40:46 PM »
"memorable backstage group practice sessions"

I like this comment!

I am too.  Sounds like such a good vibe. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2011, 06:06:35 PM »
Which part of that don't you understand?

What part of "quit arging and derailing the thread" don't you understand?  You can think about the answer to that question during your week off.

Bosk ... Gotta say you seem a little off side here.  Threads often go astray from the OP topic, and you were just as guilty as JPX at provoking and continuing the argument. I don't know if there's any "history" with JPX or not, but i dont see how his comments violated any rules to justify a ban.

Just had to get that off my chest.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2011, 06:25:08 PM »
seems they have more fun without portnoy...
I think that They feel the difference, They enjoy the freshness that MM brought with him to this band, and They really seem to be happy :)

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2011, 06:36:17 PM »
Very interesting to hear.