Author Topic: Official Queensryche thread: Kickstart the next album  (Read 707144 times)

Offline T-ski

Re: Official Queensryche thread: Kickstart the next album
« Reply #4795 on: May 13, 2021, 09:48:00 AM »
So this is just Scott doing his TeleVoid project under the QR name?
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4796 on: May 13, 2021, 09:53:10 AM »
God Help Me..... im starting to tap my finger to this and its growing on me,,..... HELP

on the 50th listen it breaks your soul
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #4797 on: May 13, 2021, 10:05:11 AM »
That sounds exasperatingly banal.

Yes!   :facepalm:  :lol

Offline jammindude

« Reply #4798 on: May 13, 2021, 10:17:33 AM »
That’s it! I’m completely and totally done! I will no longer even except the new version of Queensryche as the “official“ version. They are a fairly decent power metal band with former Queensryche members. but seriously, to heck with every single one of them. I honestly do not care anymore. I’m completely done with this band.

Even though I thought HITNF was kind of lame, I think the band became terminally diseased the day Chris left...managed to stay on life support through Tribe, and then gave a pathetic dying gasp with OMC2.

I never thought I would get pushed this far with this band, but this is the last straw. I’m totally done. I have followed them loyally ever since 1983 and desperately tried to remain on board through all the troublesome times. But I’ve been pushed beyond my limit now.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online Trav86

« Reply #4799 on: May 13, 2021, 10:21:02 AM »
Sooo…uhhh….any of you fellas going to join the legion?
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4800 on: May 13, 2021, 10:25:16 AM »
That’s it! I’m completely and totally done! I will no longer even except the new version of Queensryche as the “official“ version. They are a fairly decent power metal band with former Queensryche members. but seriously, to heck with every single one of them. I honestly do not care anymore. I’m completely done with this band.

Even though I thought HITNF was kind of lame, I think the band became terminally diseased the day Chris left...managed to stay on life support through Tribe, and then gave a pathetic dying gasp with OMC2.

I never thought I would get pushed this far with this band, but this is the last straw. I’m totally done. I have followed them loyally ever since 1983 and desperately tried to remain on board through all the troublesome times. But I’ve been pushed beyond my limit now.
Wait...so...you're done with Queensryche because of a completely separate project that the band has no involvement with (and, it would appear, does not approve of)?  What an odd reaction.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #4801 on: May 13, 2021, 10:25:41 AM »

bruhahahha...

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4802 on: May 13, 2021, 10:26:26 AM »
:rollin
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #4803 on: May 13, 2021, 10:43:41 AM »

Sometimes a man can only take so much!
Wait...so...you're done with Queensryche because of a completely separate project that the band has no involvement with (and, it would appear, does not approve of)?  What an odd reaction.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4804 on: May 13, 2021, 10:55:11 AM »

Id join but I dont want Legionnaires disease..lol. : )    Im a legion of one  LOL
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 11:42:48 AM by EPICVIEW »
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #4805 on: May 13, 2021, 11:23:58 AM »
So this is just Scott doing his TeleVoid project under the QR name?
Televoid meets NIN under the QR name.  ::)

Ben, love ya, but I gotta go with Bosk on this one - I'm failing to see how Rockenfield trying to do a different project under the QR name has anything to do with your willingness to continue following the official band. I mean it's not like Wilton or Eddie fired the rest of the band and got a whole new group of young no names to just be a flat out nostalgia act (no new releases, just tour on their legacy - kinda like Blotzer's Ratt), nor did they fire Rockenfield forcing him to come up with his own touring unit (Great White), nor do they have a continually rotating group of personnel that sometimes pingpong from one version to another (LA Guns), nor is Rockenfield's group gonna contain Tater or DeGarmo.

If Rockenfield did this under a different name, like he did the two Rockenfield-Speers albums, you'd never bat an eyelash. And I'm sure there are some bands that you love that only have one single remaining original member, like Fates Warning. So I'm failing to see why Rockenfield's idiocy is making you hate on the real band. It's no different than what happened with Tater - in fact I'd say at this point, this is less dramatic than the fiasco that went on with Tater.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #4806 on: May 13, 2021, 11:24:46 AM »

Id join but I dont want Legionnaires disease..ion. : )    Im a legion of one  LOL
Nah. You're a Tater-tot!   :biggrin:
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4807 on: May 13, 2021, 11:42:09 AM »

Id join but I dont want Legionnaires disease..ion. : )    Im a legion of one  LOL
Nah. You're a Tater-tot!   :biggrin:

I am  true...
but cmon    QR3 is going to crush all     until  QR4 comes out  : )

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4808 on: May 13, 2021, 11:48:50 AM »
Before opening the link, I thought that "behold their first release snippet in a world that will explode" was the press release, I didn't get that the second line was the title of the song  :lol

I mean, look at the tone of Scott's posts, it was not out of the realm of possibilities for him to write that.

LOL   I can see that confusion....

Is that David Lee Roth on vocals?  it does sound like Mick Whip Mars on guitar  : )

Offline Mladen

« Reply #4809 on: May 13, 2021, 11:51:45 AM »
So what, is this going to be called Queensryche?

Is that even legal?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4810 on: May 13, 2021, 12:06:04 PM »
So what, is this going to be called Queensryche?

Is that even legal?

It would take the other 2 in QRLLC to sue Scott,  it would be a repeat of Tates use of the QR name drama sorta and buy out of his stock,  I sense the band may have had a falling out with Scott, Scott asked to be bought out and they dont have the money to do so.  He may be doing this as leverage to reconcile or to be bought out.  Just my guess but objectively it sure looks like that.  Scott is coming off a costly divorce and a costly new child with another girl so Im sure he needs income.  he could join Geoff and Scott could use the name QR, I know Geoff did help Scott when Scott asked for his help during his divorce and I know Scott and Geoff have made up, would be a wild turn of events.  I truly love this drama !!! I dont think Geoff needs the stress as he is doing quite well now and has carved out his fans.... but......ya ...never ....know   LOL

"in a World that will Explode"   ...it sure would  LOL
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 12:13:46 PM by EPICVIEW »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4811 on: May 13, 2021, 12:21:12 PM »
I suspect that the way the settlement with Geoff was structured, he would get smacked pretty hard if he were in any project trying to use the Queensryche name.  It would be a huge mistake for him to get involved in a project with Scott called "Queensryche."

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4812 on: May 13, 2021, 12:29:18 PM »
I suspect that the way the settlement with Geoff was structured, he would get smacked pretty hard if he were in any project trying to use the Queensryche name.  It would be a huge mistake for him to get involved in a project with Scott called "Queensryche."

It sure is interesting Boss...  One must deduce that Scott learned a lot on that being on the other side of that legal and emotional battle with Geoff.  he must know what the other 2 left in QR are able and not able to do financially and legally.   This band is the best at drama!!!  why do I feel in my bones that Casey is Todds boy, he left Kamelot to join Todd,  now Todd is saying "you bring back Scott Ill walk out the door im not doing that to Casey"  ( Todd can as hes not in the LLC but an employee and can just walk out and not look back )

it all makes for great fodder

Offline jammindude

« Reply #4813 on: May 13, 2021, 12:29:43 PM »
I’m just upset. I might rethink it later.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #4814 on: May 13, 2021, 02:34:09 PM »
It's all right bro - not the end of the world, although it's probably the end of anyone thinking of Rockenfield respectfully....   :o

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4815 on: May 13, 2021, 02:40:28 PM »

I see what you are saying  ,,,,I have no love for the current QR on any level , but if I did this would be very disappointing and sorta proves that it was not Tate that was the real issue, and even when after Tate leaves the dysfunction continued,  that does say something about the other members other than Tate.  and at this point a QR of just Wilton and Jackson? is that really QR? Id argue NO.... at that point as Ive said for a long time the name QR should just be retired. but that wont happen as they stupidly paid Tate quite well to use the name QR exclusively  and Tate got OMC and OMCII along with the purchase back of his stock at value it will never be at again. now it appears Scott is done with all of them also but Scott in many ways is the catalyst of this current drama with his bad behavior and shunning of the band for 4 years..it also tells me that Todd has taken control of the band and is calling the shots ( cough,.... what they said Tate did ) 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 02:47:43 PM by EPICVIEW »

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #4816 on: May 13, 2021, 03:08:33 PM »
It's all right bro - not the end of the world, although it's probably the end of anyone thinking of Rockenfield respectfully....   :o

Except EPICVIEW, who is happy that the valiant Scott has escaped the clutches of the terrible Todd.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #4817 on: May 13, 2021, 03:40:58 PM »
I think it would have been much easier for Scott to join Tate's band. But EPICVIEW might be right that Scott is doing this to force QR to buy out Scott from the corporation.

Offline Setzer

• Queensr˙che Aficionado
« Reply #4818 on: May 13, 2021, 03:45:24 PM »
In other news: Looks like something is finally happening with the Empire box set (and Mindcrime too apparently).
https://facebook.com/GeoffTateOfficial/posts/319868416167163

The links in the post don't seem to work for me. Can anyone in the U.S. tell what they lead to? :)

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #4819 on: May 13, 2021, 03:53:40 PM »
I’m hoping for some new bonus stuff rather than a rehash of the last remasters.
I’d like the deluxe book type packages though.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #4820 on: May 13, 2021, 04:01:17 PM »
Seems like they are new remasters.

Empire:
Empire features the top-10 hit, "Silent Lucidity," which was nominated for 2 Grammys. This version, newly remastered at Abbey Road Studios, brings together all the available recordings to narrate the story of this remarkable album. It also contains a DVD containing promotional videos and live performances. Features new sleeve notes by Alex Milas who spoke with Geoff Tate at length, discussing the making of the album and the concept behind it, and is housed in a 10″x10″ box.

Mindcrime:
Operation: Mindcrime was produced by Peter Collins and was recorded, mixed, and mastered digitally on a Sony 24-track digital tape machine. This new version was remastered at Abbey Road Studios and brings together all the available recordings. Housed in a 10″ x 10″ box, this is the final word on this exceptional album and contains a DVD of promotional videos & performances. The expanded booklet features new sleeve notes by Alex Milas who spoke with Geoff Tate about the making of the album.

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4822 on: May 13, 2021, 04:07:04 PM »
QR3   FEATURING ORIGINAL FOUNDING QR3 MEMBER SCOTT ROCKENFIELD

BEHOLD   THEIR FIRST RELEASE SNIPPET 

IN A WORLD THAT WILL EXPLODE

https://www.queensryche2021.com/

IM ALL IN !!!!  I can feel the Lady Gaga and Moby in it.... Im telling you DtC wsa a band effort , any questions? Buehler?

What the fuck?!  Fuck this!  Female vocals, fuck off Scott you pleb.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4823 on: May 13, 2021, 04:08:23 PM »
Seems like they are new remasters.

Empire:
Empire features the top-10 hit, "Silent Lucidity," which was nominated for 2 Grammys. This version, newly remastered at Abbey Road Studios, brings together all the available recordings to narrate the story of this remarkable album. It also contains a DVD containing promotional videos and live performances. Features new sleeve notes by Alex Milas who spoke with Geoff Tate at length, discussing the making of the album and the concept behind it, and is housed in a 10″x10″ box.

Mindcrime:
Operation: Mindcrime was produced by Peter Collins and was recorded, mixed, and mastered digitally on a Sony 24-track digital tape machine. This new version was remastered at Abbey Road Studios and brings together all the available recordings. Housed in a 10″ x 10″ box, this is the final word on this exceptional album and contains a DVD of promotional videos & performances. The expanded booklet features new sleeve notes by Alex Milas who spoke with Geoff Tate about the making of the album.

Hopefully the Empire pack contains the unplugged performance.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Setzer

• Queensr˙che Aficionado
« Reply #4824 on: May 13, 2021, 04:17:27 PM »
Hopefully the Empire pack contains the unplugged performance.

Sadly not according to the "udiscovermusic" site:
Tracklist

CD1
1. Best I Can
2. The Thin Line
3. Jet City Woman
4. Della Brown
5. Another Rainy Night (Without You)
6. Empire
7. Resistance
8. Silent Lucidity
9. Hand On Heart
10. One And Only
11. Anybody Listening?

CD2
1. Last Time In Paris - (Bonus Track)
2. Scarborough Fair - (Bonus Track)
3. Dirty Lil Secret - (Bonus Track)
4. Silent Lucidity - Edit
5. Empire - Edit
6. I Dream In Infrared - Acoustic Version
7. Prophecy - Live In Tokyo
8. Best I Can - Radio Edit
9. Anybody Listening? -Radio Edit

CD3 - Live At Hammersmith Odeon, London 1990
1. Resistance
2. Walk in The Shadows
3. Best I Can
4. Empire
5. The Thin Line
6. Jet City Woman
7. Roads To Madness
8. Silent Lucidity
9. Hand On Heart
10. Take Hold Of The Flame

DVD
1. Nightrider
2. Prophecy (Live In Tokyo 1983)
3. Gonna Get Close To You
4. Eyes of A Stranger -Alternate 5. Version
5. Empire
6. Best I Can
7. Silent Lucidity
8. Jet City Woman
9. Another Rainy Night (Without You)
10. Another Rainy Night (Without You) -Alternate Version
11. Anybody Listening?
12. Resistance (Live)
13. Walk In The Shadows (Live)
14. The Thin Line (Live)
15. Take Hold Of The Flame (Live)
16. The Lady Wore Black (Live)
17. Silent Lucidity (Live)

So the included DVD is just Burning Empires? I guess that's cool, considering it's been out of print for so long now, and second hand copies are expensive.

Offline Ruba

« Reply #4825 on: May 13, 2021, 04:23:36 PM »
Ehh... so Scott's Queensr˙che is going to make martial industrial music?

This is just weird.

Offline Ruba

« Reply #4826 on: May 13, 2021, 04:31:30 PM »
CD2
1. Last Time In Paris - (Bonus Track)
2. Scarborough Fair - (Bonus Track)
3. Dirty Lil Secret - (Bonus Track)
4. Silent Lucidity - Edit
5. Empire - Edit
6. I Dream In Infrared - Acoustic Version
7. Prophecy - Live In Tokyo
8. Best I Can - Radio Edit
9. Anybody Listening? -Radio Edit

Heh, while DLS is a Promised Land-era B-side, it just keeps getting re-released with Empire.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4827 on: May 13, 2021, 04:49:43 PM »

Except EPICVIEW, who is happy that the valiant Scott has escaped the clutches of the terrible Todd.

I WANT DRAMA !!!   the music is irrelevant at this point,,,, joking,,, not joking,,LOL

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4828 on: May 13, 2021, 04:53:18 PM »
QR3   FEATURING ORIGINAL FOUNDING QR3 MEMBER SCOTT ROCKENFIELD

BEHOLD   THEIR FIRST RELEASE SNIPPET 

IN A WORLD THAT WILL EXPLODE

https://www.queensryche2021.com/

IM ALL IN !!!!  I can feel the Lady Gaga and Moby in it.... Im telling you DtC wsa a band effort , any questions? Buehler?

What the fuck?!  Fuck this!  Female vocals, fuck off Scott you pleb.

Hes been open in his love of Lady Gaga and Moby...  I simply can not wait !!   :  )

Offline HOF

« Reply #4829 on: May 13, 2021, 04:54:01 PM »
I never got into any QR stuff after Promised Land, and have only sampled a few things since then, enough to know I wasn’t interested. Then the Tate stuff happened and now this just makes me very happy to not have invested much in this band beyond Mindcrime, Empire, and Promised Land.