Author Topic: Official Queensryche thread: Kickstart the next album  (Read 683456 times)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Official Queensryche thread: Kickstart the next album
« Reply #3080 on: July 11, 2018, 05:45:43 PM »
One More Time is easily my favourite song on PL

Ditto - the only song off PL that I really love and have played regularly.  Good to see it getting a mention in that list.  Most of the rest of those songs I struggle to even remember , which is no surprise given the albums in question.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #3081 on: July 12, 2018, 07:36:21 AM »
Interesting list for sure, and there are some choices I agree with, but less than half.

For starters, Neue Regel is my favorite QR song of all time and spOOL is my favorite off HitNF, but judging by comments other fans have made about both songs, I wouldn't say that either are underrated - certainly not by the fanbase - which is what I'm assuming we're gauging this by. In both cases, I think the songs are both thought well of, if not as the best moments on their respective albums.

On the other end of the spectrum, I know not much is thought of Dirty 'Lil Secret, and quite frankly, I think it's justified (no pun intended). To these ears, it's nowhere near the quality of the rest of QR's output from that time period.

In short, here's what I'd say my list would be, considering just the albums from the original lineup in no particular order:
One and Only
Anytime/Anywhere (barring the juvenile lyrics)
Chasing Blue Sky
Out of Mind
Disconnected (do not get all the hate for this track)
Lady Jane
One Last Time
The Whisper
The Art of Life
Warning (great song always overshadowed by THotF, NM156 and RtM)

As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #3082 on: July 12, 2018, 07:52:22 AM »
My underrated tracks, in no particular order:

One and Only
Hand on Heart
Out of Mind
I Will Remember
Before the Storm
Lady Jane
Hero
Tribe
All I Want
One More Time
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #3083 on: July 12, 2018, 10:22:28 AM »
It makes me very happy that many of you also singled out Lady Jane. I've always felt like that song never gets the love it deserves.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3084 on: July 12, 2018, 10:32:52 AM »
I don't dislike it.  But it has always been one of my least favorite tracks on the album.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #3085 on: July 12, 2018, 11:35:50 AM »
Thanks for posting, bosk1.

Let me explain my rationale to some choices, such as "Neue Regel."

First and foremost, I made sure none of the tunes were ever singles. But then I tried to look at it from a casual fan perspective. More fans that know the stuff from Mindcrime, the hits from Empire, and maybe some of the more metal tracks from the earlier 1980s. It was really difficult to pick a list, and obviously, it is completely subjective.

But let me address a few:

Neue Regel -- Personally, this song is in my top-10 all time for the original QR. But most fans (again, taken from a casual perspective, IMO) are not as familiar with that song, as they are stuff such as Walk in the Shadows, The Killing Words, I Will Remember, and Screaming in Digital. So yes, if you are a hardcore, you know Neue Regel (I would hope so). But if you were just a casual fan of the band, that track likely may have gone unnoticed over the years.

No Sanctuary -- Absolutely underrated, although again, personally, one of my favs. I believe that when most casual fans think of The Warning by QR, they think of Take Hold of the Flame, the title track, Roads to Madness, NM 156. No Sanctuary got very little play over the years, and while it is an amazing song, it has flown under the radar.

Della Brown -- it has never been a single, nor has it ever been played extensively on a tour. Just sporadically here and there over the years (for example, they only played it a couple times on the Empire tour, never played it on PL, and then only played it at a handful of gigs on the HITNF tour when Tate was sick. It was played more after that, by the post-DeGarmo lineups of the band, but it was never really a featured song. And in remembering conversations over the decade or so on my old forum, it was a pretty polarizing track. I happen to think it should get a lot more love than a lot of hardcores gave it, and again, mainstream folks never really got exposed to it a lot, other than it being performed at QR's MTV Unplugged session.

In addition, a few of you pointed out songs that I absolutely would include if I expanded the list to say 15. Lady Jane, Out of Mind, Justified, London, One and Only, immediately come to mind. But having to squash it to top-10 cut out a few. Also, to whoever selected the song "Tribe," that was not written by the original lineup with DeGarmo. That was written without him, and he does not appear on that track at all. So at least for my criteria in establishing this list, that's not even a consideration.

Had I done a fully comprehensive list of the entirety of the catalog under the QR name, it would look entirely different than this.  :)

Overall, its just a blog, and despite it obviously being opinion, I usually write in a very definitive way. But I thought my choices were pretty fair. It was fun to sit down and put that all together.

Thanks again for posting it, bosk, and thanks to those who checked it out.

p.s.

It makes me very happy that many of you also singled out Lady Jane. I've always felt like that song never gets the love it deserves.

AMEN. The guitar solo in that song is classic Rage-era to my ears, and I completely agree it should have gotten more love. It would have probably been 11 or 12 on my list had I gone that far.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3086 on: July 13, 2018, 09:40:09 PM »
I don't dislike it.  But it has always been one of my least favorite tracks on the album.

Yeah, but being one of the least best/favorite songs on Promised Land is like being the least hot supermodel.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3087 on: July 14, 2018, 12:27:02 PM »

Yeah, but being one of the least best/favorite songs on Promised Land is like being the least hot supermodel.

Yeah, I totally get that line of thinking.  And I guess I don't really disagree.  But for me, the unfortunate consequence is that it is like being the supermodel that, after looking at all of the other hotter supermodels, by the time I get to that one, I'm like, "eh, skip."  She may be hot, but she really suffers by comparison just due to who she hangs out with.

...and this analogy sort of makes me uncomfortable.  :lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3088 on: July 14, 2018, 04:25:24 PM »

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #3089 on: July 14, 2018, 04:42:11 PM »
 :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3090 on: July 14, 2018, 04:50:00 PM »
TAC, you shouldn't post the "after" picture of what the doctors told you would look like after a sex change operation. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3091 on: July 14, 2018, 04:55:08 PM »
TAC, you shouldn't post the "after" picture of what the doctors told you would look like after a sex change operation.

Well, I told him I wanted the KevShmev look and he...

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Official Queensryche thread: Empire Audiophile Vinyl on Aug. 24
« Reply #3092 on: August 14, 2018, 11:50:55 AM »
Friday Music is releasing a new double-LP vinyl remaster of Empire on August 24.

https://fridaymusic.com/collections/pre-order/products/queensryche-empire-180-gram-audiophile-vinyl-limited-anniversary-edition-gatefold-cover

Not sure how many of you are that much into the original band to buy this, but mine is pre-ordered through Amazon (you can get it a couple bucks cheaper that way). Planning to do a bit of a review of it on my blog at www.anybodylistening.net/scream.html, and see how the remaster sounds. The QR catalog was previously remastered in 2003, but many fans complained at how hot they were mastered, and that the catalog was a victim of the Loudness War that was/is going on. I'm one of them. Those 2003 editions pop at higher volumes, and the dynamics are washed out.

I am hoping this first foray into Queensryche by Friday Music (who has a decent reputation at projects like this, from cursory research on them) results in something that sounds amazing. Fingers crossed.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Official Queensryche thread: Stone replaces Parker
« Reply #3093 on: September 04, 2018, 02:34:00 PM »
I saw over the weekend that former Queensryche guitarist Mike Stone filled in for Parker Lundgren, and will be doing so through September. Parker apparently has "family issues" that need addressing this month. No idea what that means, but hope they get resolved. Interesting. Stone's a real good guy and I'm glad to see him out there again.

Then again, Queensryche has been saying for over a year and a half that Scott Rockenfield is on "parental leave." Uh huh.   :rollin

I happen to believe Parker will be back. It's now his only source of income. I took note of the fact he left his "day job" in motorcycle sales, and unless he picked up another gig somewhere, I have to imagine dude has bills to pay like the rest of us. But who knows...he could get "Wally Pipped" if he isn't careful.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3094 on: September 04, 2018, 03:14:02 PM »
Nothing against Stone individually, but I do NOT want to ever heard him in Queensryche.

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #3095 on: September 04, 2018, 03:43:46 PM »
When did this become a thing where band members are interchangeable? No problem with someone wanting a break if they’ve just had a kid but when did it become fine for the band to just carry on playing shows with a replacement? When I was growing up every member of the band was important and if I went to see Bon Jovi I expected to see the proper band. If people were having kids or whatever I assume they arranged the touring accordingly.

This isn’t just Queensr˙che by any means but I still find it strange that you can say to your fans that founding member Scott Rockenfield needs to take some paternity leave but don’t worry, we’ll just get a stand in drummer for a few shows like it’s a normal job where you get holidays and paternity leave and the company keeps running.

I totally get why bands do it as they basically make their money from touring now and it’s their livelihood but when did it become ok and fans wouldn’t really care? Can you imagine Dream Theater touring and telling fans (often long after they’ve bought tickets) “oh by the way John Myung won’t be playing the first few dates because his wife just gave birth so we’ve got some no name session guy in to fill in?

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #3096 on: September 04, 2018, 05:02:55 PM »
I feel like most people would say, 'yeah, that makes sense that he'd want to be with his family. Hope the fill-in guy is good.'

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3097 on: September 04, 2018, 05:27:01 PM »
When did this become a thing where band members are interchangeable? No problem with someone wanting a break if they’ve just had a kid but when did it become fine for the band to just carry on playing shows with a replacement? When I was growing up every member of the band was important and if I went to see Bon Jovi I expected to see the proper band. If people were having kids or whatever I assume they arranged the touring accordingly.

If you saw Bon Jovi with all original members, in those days, as bands were coming up, I don't think they had the option to schedule touring accordingly.

My guess is that Scott is taking this time, because (and I'm guessing), he likely neglected something similar in the past.

This isn’t just Queensr˙che by any means but I still find it strange that you can say to your fans that founding member Scott Rockenfield needs to take some paternity leave but don’t worry, we’ll just get a stand in drummer for a few shows like it’s a normal job where you get holidays and paternity leave and the company keeps running.

At this point, Queensryche is a small step above Great White, Ratt, and Quiet Riot. Plus, they just landed the Scorpions gig. Pretty sure the brand cannot turn that down.

Can you imagine Dream Theater touring and telling fans (often long after they’ve bought tickets) “oh by the way John Myung won’t be playing the first few dates because his wife just gave birth so we’ve got some no name session guy in to fill in?

Well, in 2010, when Iron Maiden called, especially after DT had basically wrapped up their tour cycle, in MP's words, they couldn't turn it down. If JM had a real issue, I'm pretty sure we would've seen Dave Larue on stage with DT.

Offline Peter Mc

« Reply #3098 on: September 04, 2018, 05:28:52 PM »
Maybe it’s just me then but I’d be like “why didn’t they just delay the tour for X number of weeks” Maybe I’m just an entitled prick but I like to see the whole band that I paid to see. It’s maybe different if it’s a last minute unforeseen thing but, even then, what if it was JLB or Petrucci? Would you still be ok with that?

In relation to Queensr˙che, would they get a stand in for Michael Wilton or Todd? I feel like they would not do the show if either of those were missing so why go ahead without Scott and, to a lesser extent, Parker?

Just something I’ve noticed more in recent years when I never used to notice bands touring with stand in members

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3099 on: September 04, 2018, 05:33:46 PM »
Not sure this is a terribly new thing.  Metallica had a a roadie fill in twice on rhythm guitar when James Hetfield was injured.  I don't recall exactly how long it lasted either time, but I assume the first incident was at least a couple months since Hetfield had broken his wrist while skateboarding.  I know there have been other similar situations, but I can't recall any specifically at this point.

That said, I think it depends on the band and the member who is being replaced.  For most bands, having a replacement singer wouldn't fly.  For me personally, I'd be pissed if DT substituted some no-name for John Myung (unless I knew about it before buying tickets).
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3100 on: September 04, 2018, 05:42:06 PM »
I can only speak for myself, but I was pretty pissed when Scott dropped out of the tour. This was after I dropped nearly $100 for a ticket. I got to see Ed and Michael stand like statues and I just kept thinking that Casey was not Scott. Todd saved the show for me.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3101 on: September 04, 2018, 05:43:08 PM »
Maybe it’s just me then but I’d be like “why didn’t they just delay the tour for X number of weeks” Maybe I’m just an entitled prick but I like to see the whole band that I paid to see. It’s maybe different if it’s a last minute unforeseen thing but, even then, what if it was JLB or Petrucci? Would you still be ok with that?

Never said I'd be OK with it.

In relation to Queensr˙che, would they get a stand in for Michael Wilton or Todd? I feel like they would not do the show if either of those were missing so why go ahead without Scott and, to a lesser extent, Parker?

The Queensryche brand would get a stand in for anyone they needed to. Sorry. That's how I feel.

Oh, and Peter, I'm not disagreeing with you in the slightest. I hope I'm not giving you that impression. Just discussing. :)

Not sure this is a terribly new thing.  Metallica had a a roadie fill in twice on rhythm guitar when James Hetfield was injured.  I don't recall exactly how long it lasted either time, but I assume the first incident was at least a couple months since Hetfield had broken his wrist while skateboarding.  I know there have been other similar situations, but I can't recall any specifically at this point.

It was John Marshall, which was cool because I was a big Metal Church fan. Saw Marshall play with them in '92 on the GnR tour.

That said, I think it depends on the band and the member who is being replaced.  For most bands, having a replacement singer wouldn't fly.  For me personally, I'd be pissed if DT substituted some no-name for John Myung (unless I knew about it before buying tickets).

I picked Larue because he had already played with JP and MP. I think if it came to that, fans would be forgiving.

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #3102 on: September 04, 2018, 05:46:00 PM »
The first time in my life I watched DT live I expected Kevin Moore and got Derek Sherinian. I really didn't know what had happened.

It was weird, but I still had a blast.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3103 on: September 04, 2018, 05:57:38 PM »

It was John Marshall, which was cool because I was a big Metal Church fan. Saw Marshall play with them in '92 on the GnR tour.

After writing several landmark Supreme Court opinions, Marshall filled in for Hetfield in July and August 1986, after Hetfield broke his wrist while skateboarding.  At that time, he wasn't yet with Metal Church.  I was never a MC fan, but I suspect the fill-in gig with Metallica helped him land that job.  I believe his time with the band in '92 was shorter because of the nature of Hetfield's injury.

I picked Larue because he had already played with JP and MP. I think if it came to that, fans would be forgiving.

I wasn't specifically commenting on Dave Larue (although I've never heard of him).  Unless it was Geddy Lee or Steve Harris filling in, not having JM playing with DT would seriously piss me off.  I'd rather have the concert postponed.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online goo-goo

« Reply #3104 on: September 04, 2018, 06:14:10 PM »
I just wished the new QR album would come earlier than 2019. Is there an exact date for the release of the album?

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3105 on: September 04, 2018, 06:21:57 PM »
This conversation needs its own thread because I think the discussion has merit. I am too lazy to start one though.

And I had never heard of this Larue guy until Flying Colors.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3106 on: September 04, 2018, 06:27:53 PM »
This conversation needs its own thread because I think the discussion has merit. I am too lazy to start one though.

I don't remember which tour but I think it was the 2nd leg of the Scenes tour, The Dixie Dregs opened for DT and Dave was on bass. So, if you happened to catch DT during that time you might have seen Dave.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3107 on: September 04, 2018, 06:53:17 PM »

I don't remember which tour but I think it was the 2nd leg of the Scenes tour, The Dixie Dregs opened for DT and Dave was on bass. So, if you happened to catch DT during that time you might have seen Dave.

Right, and he was in JP's G3 band with MP.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3108 on: September 04, 2018, 06:54:57 PM »
After writing several landmark Supreme Court opinions, Marshall filled in for Hetfield in July and August 1986, after Hetfield broke his wrist while skateboarding.  At that time, he wasn't yet with Metal Church.  I was never a MC fan, but I suspect the fill-in gig with Metallica helped him land that job.  I believe his time with the band in '92 was shorter because of the nature of Hetfield's injury.

:lol

Right. He was a roadie who then went onto play with Metal Church.

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #3109 on: September 05, 2018, 01:25:32 AM »
I keep opening this thread hoping for new album info :emo:
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3110 on: September 05, 2018, 08:03:28 AM »

Right, and he was in JP's G3 band with MP.

He is STILL in JP's G3 band.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XB7McL08YI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-r4bN85eYE
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 09:04:23 AM by bosk1 »

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3111 on: September 05, 2018, 08:43:51 AM »
Regarding Queensryche playing without key members (for whatever reason) that started recently (in the last six or seven years). The first time I noticed it was when Ed missed an entire gig or two, so they literally played without him, without a bass player. People said he was sick. They didn't want to cancel the gigs, so they just went on with the show (I believe it was festival dates in Europe).

As for members departing, to me, it has become standard practice. Very few bands refuse to perform when there's money to be made. They just move on. I don't like it personally, but I understand it. THese days, touring is where the money is. Not album sales. Back in the 80s and early 90s, it was flip-flopped. You made more on the records. So keeping touring commitments and using fill-in members is something to be expected.

The whole Rockenfield thing is a complete joke. The guy is not on parental leave. He may have been the first few months, but anyone believing that horseshit now, hit me up via PM. I have a couple of business deals for you.  :lol Quite simply, Scott is gone, did not record drums on the new record (Todd did), and QR is just not saying it, because they know it'd damage their "brand" further if Scott was gone. And the whole thing is likely (not positive, but most likely) tied up in legalities (which is another reason they aren't saying anything).

So is it really Queensryche with only Michael and Eddie left? Yes...and no. It just depends on what you're comfortable with. For me, what I considered "Queensryche" changed as time went on. When Chris first left, I was totally gung-ho on Kelly Gray. When the Live Evolution tour ended, and the reunion with Chris faltered a couple years later, I still considered the band to be the band. It wasn't until MC II, when I found out that none of the remaining original lineup musicians contributed much of anything to Mindcrime II that I started calling it Tateryche. When Todd joined, for a while I felt like "QUEENSRYCHE" or at least the ideals of the band were back - honesty, integrity, the dreaded "thinking man's metal" tag, etc. Then that was shattered by the realities of who people are. SImply put, I fell for it, hook, line, and sinker.  :lol

Nowadays, to me, what tours as Queensryche is in no way, shape, or form, the band I became a fan of. And truth be told, that band died when Chris left. He and Geoff, and in the metal years, Michael, were the heart, soul, and balls of the band. And while Ed Jackson is a capable songwriter (really dig his stuff), and Michael has stepped up once again, it's not Queensryche without the guys that made the band distinct. And now, particularly without Rockenfield, who brought his own distinct flair that was influenced highly by Peart, the groove and feel of the band is off as well.

But that's all personal taste, ya know? If people feel like it says Queensryche, and it is Queensryche, who am I to tell them it isn't. For them it is.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3112 on: September 05, 2018, 08:58:34 AM »
I'm not sure what I think about whether the band with some other drummer is "Queensryche."  No, it's not the same band.  Not remotely.  But the thing for me is, there was a process that was undergone in the last decade or so that, to me, made the last iteration of the band at least feel genuine.  Oddly enough, it started with Slater helming Mindcrime II and American Soldier, and him sort of finding the formula to unlocking what it was that made Queensryche's sound.  Obviously, they still went way, WAY off the rails from there and were anything but the heart of Queensryche.  But I think there were seeds there that helped shape the next stage of the band after replacing Tate.  Say what you will about Parker and Todd, but both are really solid musicians, both have the chops to bring a semblance of the classical Queensryche vibe, and both were fans of the original band.  The Return to History tour and the commitment to really try to BE Queensryche really made them into something authentic to me.  No, it wasn't the original band.  But the guys were committed to sounding like what fans liked about the original lineup, and bringing a new creative flair to it.  That sold me just fine.  I was happy to hear it. 

But there is only so far you can go without losing that authenticity.  Ed and Scott are the backbone of the band.  Chris and Geoff were the creativity.  But without that groove and backbone brought by that specific rhythm section, I just don't know.  Time will tell, but I am not optimistic about how I will feel about them moving forward.  It just feels like one too many missing pieces.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #3113 on: September 05, 2018, 06:21:52 PM »
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but have they confirmed Todd recorded drums for the album? I assumed Casey would do it, since he’s been with them for a while now.

About Mike Stone “temporarily” replacing Parker, we know it’s just for a few shows, but, considering this band’s history of continually changing members, do you guys think he’ll come back as a full time member in the not so distant future?
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3114 on: September 05, 2018, 07:10:20 PM »
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but have they confirmed Todd recorded drums for the album? I assumed Casey would do it, since he’s been with them for a while now.

About Mike Stone “temporarily” replacing Parker, we know it’s just for a few shows, but, considering this band’s history of continually changing members, do you guys think he’ll come back as a full time member in the not so distant future?

Not officially, but he slipped on FB awhile back, and before he deleted it, people figured it out. He basically said that it wasn't Casey, and it wasn't a session guy. Which leaves Scott, or himself. And Scott hasn't done anything with them. So, no, not officially stated, but they wouldn't do that anyway, in fear people would bail on them.

As for Stone, I think if the band reunites with Tate, Stone will. If they don't, then Parker will stay.

www.roadstomadness.com