Author Topic: Official Queensryche thread: Kickstart the next album  (Read 707194 times)

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
And this news comes a day after this interview had been posted: https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tate-is-not-interested-in-or-comfortable-with-what-the-queensryche-name-means-now/

So you're not comfortable with the Queensryche name, but giving your band a name that will always be associated with QR is ok? :lolpalm:

Offline PowerSlave

And this news comes a day after this interview had been posted: https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tate-is-not-interested-in-or-comfortable-with-what-the-queensryche-name-means-now/

So you're not comfortable with the Queensryche name, but giving your band a name that will always be associated with QR is ok? :lolpalm:

I'm not sure what to say after reading that. I simply have a very hard time believing that a human being can be literally that full of shit. I apologize to the mods if I'm stepping over a line by saying this, but I seriously wonder if he's suffering from some sort of mental disorder. I used to hold this man in such high regard, as I'm sure that many others did as well. It's baffling to see what he's become.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Lowdz

I'm not sure what to say after reading that. I simply have a very hard time believing that a human being can be literally that full of shit. I apologize to the mods if I'm stepping over a line by saying this, but I seriously wonder if he's suffering from some sort of mental disorder. I used to hold this man in such high regard, as I'm sure that many others did as well. It's baffling to see what he's become.

This. He's become deluded. And I used to love the guy. Thinking man's metal - that was him (and CDG). Now he's doing his thinking with his dick. What thinking he's even doing.

And MC? Sounds like any QR tribute band doing the rounds. And that's what he's become. Only he can't sing the songs.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
This. He's become deluded. And I used to love the guy. Thinking man's metal - that was him (and CDG). Now he's doing his thinking with his dick asshole. What thinking he's even doing.

And MC? Sounds like any QR tribute band doing the rounds. And that's what he's become. Only he can't sing the songs.

Fix'd, and then I agree.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Why is it the delusional never get the real pulse of the fans?  He's lost so much with his antics over this decade.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
This clip and interview

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tate-dons-wig-for-new-day-northwest-performance-interview-video/

Fucking terrible.  It's like he's completely tone deaf now, he has no sense of tone or melody anymore whatsoever.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I thought that was the best he's held a tune in ages  ;D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline The Dark Master

• Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Oh, I can't wait to see the advertisements for this "band":

"Tonight, at your local dive bar, it's OPERATION: MINDCRIME!  Featuring ex-Queensryche singer and creator of the original epic concept album 1988's OPERATION: MINDCRIME and it's 2006 sequel OPERATION MINDCRIME II, Geoff Tate, performing  OPERATION MINDCRIME and OPERATION: MINDCRIME II in their entirety!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

Offline Anguyen92

Oh, I can't wait to see the advertisements for this "band":

"Tonight, at your local dive bar, it's OPERATION: MINDCRIME!  Featuring ex-Queensryche singer and creator of the original epic concept album 1988's OPERATION: MINDCRIME and it's 2006 sequel OPERATION MINDCRIME II, Geoff Tate, performing  OPERATION MINDCRIME and OPERATION: MINDCRIME II in their entirety!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

That is just as good as that comment I saw on Blabbermouth when Tate went with his "Queensr˙che Starring Geoff Tate - The Farewell Tour" phase.

How bout "Queensr˙che The Farewell Tour-Starring Geoff Tate. The Voice Of Queensr˙che. The visionary who brought you Operation: Mindcrime and Operation: Mindcrime II. The look, sound, taste and smell of Queensr˙che. The absolute dead last time Queensr˙che starring Geoff Tate "The voice of Queensr˙che" will ever perform on this the final farewell tour."

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tate-announces-queensryche-starring-geoff-tate-the-farewell-tour/

Offline Lowdz

I thought that was the best he's held a tune in ages  ;D

He couldn't carry a tune in a bucket these days. Its like he's forgotten how to sing. That nasally thing he does in Silent Lucidity is awful.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm just not even wasting my time to check these things out.  I've had my share of lolz watching/listening to GT the past couple of years, not sure watching this would do anything other than make me rage that I spent ANY time dedicated to him.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm with Chad, I'm done too

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
Is anyone else amused by the "performed in over 46 countries" bit? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I'm just not even wasting my time to check these things out.  I've had my share of lolz watching/listening to GT the past couple of years, not sure watching this would do anything other than make me rage for order that I spent ANY time dedicated to him.

Fixed! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
47 countries.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
So yeah, apparently Todd and Glen Drover teamed up recently to do a song together! They've posted a teaser on YouTube and say it'll be available for downloading on Friday. From the sound of the preview, I'm hoping they eventually do a whole album together, because this sounds terrific! :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vych2eK_7Ag&feature=youtu.be
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
This sounded good, reminded me of what Sanctuary could sound now.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Nice!  I will have to keep my eyes peeled for that.  Sounds really good.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
This sounds excellent

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
So yeah, apparently Todd and Glen Drover teamed up recently to do a song together! They've posted a teaser on YouTube and say it'll be available for downloading on Friday. From the sound of the preview, I'm hoping they eventually do a whole album together, because this sounds terrific! :metal

Fuck yeah, this just sounds like Eidolon with Todd.  Full album please!

Offline jammindude

47 countries.

At least he didn't claim it was 81% of all the countries.  ;D
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Mister Gold

• Human

It's straight up my alley. Also reminds me a lot of Nevermore and Fates Warning too! :metal
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

It's straight up my alley. Also reminds me a lot of Nevermore and Fates Warning too! :metal

You should  check out some Eidolon, pretty damn good.  The last album they did had Nils K Rue on vox.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
You should  check out some Eidolon, pretty damn good.  The last album they did had Nils K Rue on vox.

Oh, fuck me!!  :evilmonkey:

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
The song "Discordia" is available for digital download on iTunes and Amazon now! Here's my little review for the song:

"Discordia" shows off several other sides to Todd's vocals that we didn't really get to hear on the recent Queensryche album and really shows off Glen's incredible chops. It all comes across as a wicked blend of "No Exit"-era Fates Warning, King Diamond and Nevermore. In other words, this song is almost five minutes worth of quality prog metal! I'd love to see these two do a full album together at some point in the future.

Also, this is almost definitely Todd's best vocal performance to date.
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Just heard this. WOW!

It all comes across as a wicked blend of "No Exit"-era Fates Warning, King Diamond and Nevermore. In other words, this song is almost five minutes worth of quality prog metal!
That's a great description.

Do you think the guys in Queensryche can pull off something like this?? I'll believe it when I hear it..
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
Just heard this. WOW!

It all comes across as a wicked blend of "No Exit"-era Fates Warning, King Diamond and Nevermore. In other words, this song is almost five minutes worth of quality prog metal!
That's a great description.

Thanks man! I posted that review on my Facebook page and both Glen and Todd liked it (Glen even responded with a thanks and Todd liked a few of the responses too). Felt pretty happy about that. :biggrin:

Do you think the guys in Queensryche can pull off something like this?? I'll believe it when I hear it..

No, of course not. But that's partially because this is something very different from Queensryche. While Todd is the perfect guy for Queensryche, I think he's at his absolute best and really defines his own personal voice when he sings heavier material. He really loves to get gritty and throw in all sorts of stuff into the mix when he can, while it seems he has to generally sing clean all the time in Queensryche.
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
It's a shame that with all the time that passed we never got a Crimson Glory album with Todd on it either  :-\
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
It's a shame that with all the time that passed we never got a Crimson Glory album with Todd on it either  :-\

Having spoken with Todd myself a couple of times before, I can say that he'd be the first person to agree with you. He really regretted how things turned out with CG and contrary to popular belief, I'm rather confident he would've left CG even he hadn't joined Queensryche. The only reason we even got to hear the demo for Garden of Shadows was because Todd cared about actually putting material out there.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 05:48:45 AM by Mister Gold »
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Official Queensryche (not Geoff Tate) thread [lawsuit settlement summary posted]
« Reply #1324 on: September 04, 2014, 10:29:30 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b8Dw8q8HIRo

Queensryche playing The Whisper a few nights ago - a few dud notes from Todd but overall ........well , so much better than The Vest could do.  Hopefully playing all this stuff with Todd gets them back into the groove for the new album.  I listened to the s/t a few days back and to be honest I downgraded my rating on it quite a bit - I think I was so happy to hear QR sounding like QR when it came out that I had rose tinted glasses.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
Re: Official Queensryche (not Geoff Tate) thread [lawsuit settlement summary posted]
« Reply #1325 on: September 17, 2014, 10:18:18 AM »
Discordia in full :

https://splashurl.com/lq37okl

Wow!

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1327 on: September 17, 2014, 04:09:49 PM »
That is awesome!! Those lyrics are very cool

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1328 on: September 17, 2014, 10:26:28 PM »
It's pretty much Eidolon with Todd on the mic.

Offline ?

• DTF.org Alumni
Luckily for Tate he's still the favorite singer of at least one person. That guy happens to be... Geoff Tate: https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tates-favorite-singer-is-still-geoff-tate/