Author Topic: Official Queensryche thread: Kickstart the next album  (Read 695816 times)

Offline Glasser

Re: Official Queensryche thread: Kickstart the next album
« Reply #6335 on: October 22, 2023, 03:29:48 PM »
When it comes to Batman, I might be in the minority, but I think the Michael Keaton version is the greatest Batman of all time.  But great Batman cover while intentionally or not.

I agree with you 100%.  There's no contest with any if the others IMO.  Not really counting Adam West though.

Adam West is the ONLY Batman

100% fucking right.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6336 on: October 22, 2023, 03:32:56 PM »
I saw the first Batman with Michael Keaton. I never understood the choice of him being Batman, and the movie blew chunks anyway. I didn't see any of the other ones, but why did they change actors in every movie?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #6337 on: October 22, 2023, 03:35:12 PM »
I saw the first Batman with Michael Keaton. I never understood the choice of him being Batman, and the movie blew chunks anyway. I didn't see any of the other ones, but why did they change actors in every movie?

Because they all sucked at it.

Edit: They might as well have used Geoff Tate.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #6338 on: October 22, 2023, 05:47:45 PM »
Timmay - you're doing yourself a disservice by not checking out the Christopher Nolan trilogy that had Christian Slater as Batman. Took away all the cartoony aspects that were still present in the movies with Keaton, Kilmer and Clooney. Personally I'm not a superhero movie guy at all, but I loved these movies. At least check out The Dark Knight as I think it deserves the praise it gets, but both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Rises are worth watching too. Can't comment on anything since because I haven't seen them.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6339 on: October 22, 2023, 05:49:56 PM »
Timmay - you're doing yourself a disservice by not checking out the Christopher Nolan trilogy that had Christian Slater as Batman. Took away all the cartoony aspects that were still present in the movies with Keaton, Kilmer and Clooney. Personally I'm not a superhero movie guy at all, but I loved these movies. At least check out The Dark Knight as I think it deserves the praise it gets, but both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Rises are worth watching too. Can't comment on anything since because I haven't seen them.

Christian Slater? Jeez, I haven't heard that name in decades. I don't even remember him playing Batman.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline WardySI

« Reply #6340 on: October 22, 2023, 07:10:16 PM »
Could well have missed some ongoing joke in the thread but think meant Christian BALE

And will add as great as that trilogy was (coulda done without the OTT Bale voice though) as an elder fan of Batman I gotta say that last one with Robert Pattinson under the cowl was surprisingly very good an defs on par with the Nolan trilogy IMO :tup

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6341 on: October 22, 2023, 07:40:00 PM »

Because they all sucked at it.

Edit: They might as well have used Geoff Tate.

Ha!  I always thought Tate looked like Michael Keaton.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #6342 on: October 22, 2023, 09:02:53 PM »
Could well have missed some ongoing joke in the thread but think meant Christian BALE

And will add as great as that trilogy was (coulda done without the OTT Bale voice though) as an elder fan of Batman I gotta say that last one with Robert Pattinson under the cowl was surprisingly very good an defs on par with the Nolan trilogy IMO :tup
Yeah - total brain fart on my part!    :facepalm:

Good to know about the Pattinson movie.  :tup  Will have to check it out.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline WardySI

« Reply #6343 on: October 22, 2023, 09:18:48 PM »
All good!  My own life is full of brain farts particularly now past 50 and tbf who knows, maybe Slater could pull off a decent Bats?  He's about the only one who hasn't tackled the character, so may as well give him his shot!? ;D

But yes really enjoyed the latest film and if Pattinson gives the character some growth, the sequel could be fantastic \m/

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #6344 on: October 23, 2023, 08:21:05 AM »
For the record, while I have liked most of the actors who have portrayed Batman/Bruce Wayne, I felt Christian Bale got it perfect, and The Dark Knight Trilogy is unsurpassed.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #6345 on: October 23, 2023, 12:57:27 PM »
Meanwhile I'm the guy who thinks Matt Reeves nailed it in one with The Batman and that Robert Pattinson is the best Batman we've had in live action to date. :lol
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline WardySI

« Reply #6346 on: October 23, 2023, 07:39:05 PM »
Meanwhile I'm the guy who thinks Matt Reeves nailed it in one with The Batman and that Robert Pattinson is the best Batman we've had in live action to date. :lol

And I'd argue my posts above regarding The Batman would make me your +1  ;D

That, and I can't remember how this QR thread became a Batman thread  :lol

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6347 on: October 24, 2023, 08:05:58 AM »
Apparently my book cover is more "me" than I thought it was.  :lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline Deathless

« Reply #6348 on: November 07, 2023, 11:59:35 AM »
Hell yeah! This should be a great tour.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/queensryche-to-perform-entire-debut-ep-and-the-warning-album-on-2024s-the-origins-tour

"We are thrilled to bring to you 'The Origins Tour'," says La Torre. "This will be the first time in QUEENSRŸCHE's history that the EP and 'The Warning' will be performed live in their entirety. And to make this an even more stellar tour, we are so excited that our great friends and legendary metallers ARMORED SAINT will be joining us as direct support. We are all proud to bring you this touring package and we can't wait to see you on the road."

Offline emtee

« Reply #6349 on: November 07, 2023, 12:15:21 PM »
Interesting. I hope they release a live album from the tour.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6350 on: November 07, 2023, 12:17:04 PM »
Should be awesome. Planning to see it twice, plus an Armored Saint headline show in-between.

I think we're planning a book signing for the QR bio, my new Roads to Madness book, and the new Metal Church biography for Saturday, March 30, in Seattle, so perfect timing.

Great bill. Such a good pairing. Armored Saint is always awesome. And I am glad to see QR playing these two releases in their entirety. On one hand, I feel this lineup of QR should focus more on the TLT era stuff. And they did, before TLT got ill, on the last tour (and even afterward, they did). But now they are doing all of The Warning to celebrate the 40th anniversary of that album, and then all of the EP?! Yes, please. Should be an epic night of old school metal greatness.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6351 on: November 07, 2023, 12:30:30 PM »
The "Origins" tour, featuring only two of the five members who made the music on the EP and Warning. This would be cool if it were the classic lineup doing it, but this lineup? No thanks.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6352 on: November 07, 2023, 12:34:53 PM »
The "Origins" tour, featuring only two of the five members who made the music on the EP and Warning. This would be cool if it were the classic lineup doing it, but this lineup? No thanks.

This is a Saturday night in Worcester so it may work, but if I go, I'm probably leaving after Armored Saint.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6353 on: November 07, 2023, 12:55:36 PM »

Here's my take. DeGarmo has sadly been gone for a long time. Tate has been gone for a decade. And obviously, there is the Rockenfield situation. All of that is unfortunate. Would I love to see the ORIGINAL band, my favorite musical act of all-time, do this instead? OF COURSE. But that's not going to happen.

Michael and Ed know the EP and The Warning are special. They want to celebrate them (its the 40th anniversary of The Warning). If you're a fan of these releases, this is as close as you're gonna get. For me, playing these two releases, and bringing the mighty Armored Saint on tour, is enough for me to want to see it. If you (or anyone) feel(s) differently, totally cool. But as a fan of this music, this package of bands and the material being played have me excited for an old school night of metal.

Offline Setzer

• Queensrÿche Aficionado
« Reply #6354 on: November 07, 2023, 02:17:30 PM »
Oh man I hope they bring it to Europe at some point :o

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #6355 on: November 07, 2023, 04:04:47 PM »
Not interested in seeing this. Remaster The Warning already.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #6356 on: November 07, 2023, 04:13:52 PM »

It’s been remastered. Did you mean remix? (In which case I agree with you)
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline EPIC Outro

« Reply #6357 on: November 07, 2023, 04:37:05 PM »

The fact that they played a really solid Todd era tour makes me so much more open to seeing a classics tour. I love balance! I just hope they keep playing their new stuff in the future - their new albums have been such a fucking joy.

Once I see the Classics Tour, I will have seen five Queensryche albums in their entirety between QR live and Geoff Tate!

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #6358 on: November 08, 2023, 04:05:07 AM »

It’s been remastered. Did you mean remix? (In which case I agree with you)

I totally did.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6359 on: November 08, 2023, 08:11:41 AM »
For those QR fans who listen to podcasts, I was on the latest episode of I Remember Now: The Queensryche Podcast. They kindly had me on to discuss the QR bio I helped write, Building An Empire, which published two years ago, and later on in the pod, I give a preview of my new book, Roads to Madness, due in March 2024, and what to expect in it.

https://iremembernowpodcast.com/episode-16-building-an-empire-on-the-roads-to-madness/

It's also available on Spotify, and everywhere folks get their podcasts.

Fun chat with a couple of lifelong QR fans. If you dig Queensryche, it's worth going back into the library for past episodes.

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #6360 on: November 08, 2023, 06:22:58 PM »
For those QR fans who listen to podcasts, I was on the latest episode of I Remember Now: The Queensryche Podcast. They kindly had me on to discuss the QR bio I helped write, Building An Empire, which published two years ago, and later on in the pod, I give a preview of my new book, Roads to Madness, due in March 2024, and what to expect in it.

https://iremembernowpodcast.com/episode-16-building-an-empire-on-the-roads-to-madness/

Fun chat with a couple of lifelong QR fans. If you dig Queensryche, it's worth going back into the library for past episodes.

Nice. I will definitely give that a listen.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #6361 on: November 09, 2023, 07:16:23 AM »
I wonder if they'll perform The Warning in its intended running order? :biggrin:
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6362 on: November 09, 2023, 08:00:06 AM »
I wonder if they'll perform The Warning in its intended running order? :biggrin:

:lol

Doubtful. But one can dream...  :biggrin: :metal

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6363 on: November 09, 2023, 11:19:37 AM »
Pre-sale codes:

ORIGINS
PULSE

STG (for Seattle)

Just FYI for folks wanting to get tix early.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6364 on: November 10, 2023, 06:32:52 AM »

That's awesome, I'll give it a listen today :tup

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #6365 on: November 10, 2023, 08:16:06 AM »
They're playing Toad's in New Haven; I don't have a ton of interest in the Todd-era QR, but to see the band in a 700 seat club, with great pizza next door, might be too much. I'd dig seeing Armored Saint as well.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #6366 on: November 10, 2023, 11:06:35 AM »
That'd be a great place to see them.  I got to see DT there back on the 1st leg of the Touring Into Infinity tour.  Awesome show!

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #6367 on: November 10, 2023, 08:57:43 PM »
Skipping this tour for now and hoping they book a date that is easier for me to get to or on a weekend - the band's Facebook page was alluding to potential future dates, so we'll see.  The only date in Northern Illinois is Rockford, which I just don't feel like driving to on a Thursday night.  It's just too hard to get out with younger kids.  If they were teens and didn't care if I was home at bedtime, it would be so much easier to see shows.  It's always my excuse, but I'm just becoming more selective with concerts as I get older and preferring to be at home with them.

The prices of the tickets looked good though, only $40 for floor sections in the theater.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6368 on: November 13, 2023, 01:40:59 PM »
I'm not crazy about the tour because I'd rather them do TLT Era material and I'm not a huge fan  of QR generally... but the tour is coming locally and I've never seen Armored Saint. I put it on my calendar.  Same venue when I saw them in 2020.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6369 on: November 13, 2023, 04:15:19 PM »
Armored Saint is worth the price of admission alone. old school metal, John Bush sounds amazing, and they always put on a good show.