Author Topic: Official Queensryche thread: Kickstart the next album  (Read 713220 times)

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
Re: Official Queensryche thread: Kickstart the next album
« Reply #4655 on: April 13, 2021, 08:05:27 AM »
***snipped***

Queensryche:  WOW!  What a return to classic form, with a modern sound.  LOVE this album!  The only slight knocks on it are that, at times, it feels like they hadn't found their feet as a new writing team yet without Tate, and it is too short.

Condition Human:  Even better than its predecessor.  Best thing they've done since Promised Land, and probably my #3 or #4 overall.

The Verdict:  Probably my least favorite of the Todd era, but it has grown on me quite a bit after initially not liking it.  Solid album.

Agree on all points here.   The last 3 albums for me harkened back to the Rage for Order era big time. 

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4656 on: April 13, 2021, 08:47:14 AM »
Since we are discussing a past album, I'll go ahead and briefly give me thoughts on each one.  But my order will be a bit...unconventional, for reasons that will make sense below.

Mindcrime:  Queensryche was not on my radar.  I had seen the random add here and there in Hit Parader or Circus, but hadn't heard them, and didn't really know anything about them.  When I was in the Marine Corps, a guy that learned that I liked hard rock gave me a copy of Mindcrime to listen to.  At first, it didn't take.  It was just a bit too...out there for me.  But I didn't dislike what I was hearing either, and some of it wasn't bad.  Then I saw a cover band in a little club cover I Don't Believe In Love.  In fact, they played it TWICE.  And that made me revisit the album.  A lot.  And this time, it did click.  I started listening to it quite a bit.

Empire:  When Empire came out, the pump had been sufficiently primed.  I bought it, loved it, and played it to death.  Many a lonely night in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait during the Gulf War had this album or Mother Love Bone's Apple playing on my headphones.  When I got back, I saw them on this tour with Suicidal Tendencies opening, and them playing Mindcrime in its entirety.  Total game changer.  I had a new favorite band.  I began to explore the back catalog from here.

EP:  I really liked The Lady Wore Black, but the rest was so-so to me.  It wasn't until I heard version of a lot of these songs on Live In Tokyo later that I REALLY appreciated them.

Warning:  Didn't really care for it as a whole, but there are a lot of strong tracks. 

Rage:  Really experimental and cool.  This album is all over the place, and I really liked (and still do like) that.

Promised Land:  A slow grower, but this one competes with Empire for my top spot, depending on mood.  I Am I and Damaged are amazing.  But the lack of heaviness really through me at first and left me wanting more.  Gradually, I began to appreciate the album for what it is, and loved getting lost in the atmosphere and the head space of it.

Hear in the Now Frontier:  I don't know anyone who loves this album as much as I do.  It is different for them, but it totally worked for me.  For a long time, this was a band that could adopt things into their music that reflected a particular style without being that particular style.  I like that the stripped-down, simple nature of the album reflected the grunge movement without being grunge, and was done in a very QR style.  To this day, his is a top album for me.

Q2K:  One of their weaker albums.  I wanted to like it a lot more than I do.  In fairness, they were struggling to find themselves after DeGarmo left, and I don't hold it against them.  It's just that, beyond a few songs, the album doesn't click for me as a whole.  But I do enjoy a lot of it every once in a great while.

Tribe:  I loved it when it came out, but it lacked staying power.  The problems are what I highlighted above.  It is just a very inconsistent album.  I love Open, Desert Dance, and Art of Life.  Doing Fine and the title song are okay, and [controversial opinion warning!] I don't hate Losing Myself.  The other songs either bore me to tears or I actively dislike them.

Mindcrime II:  Some really, REALLY cool moments, but...the last 1/3 of the album is a hot mess, and is all over the place in terms of quality, and it brings the album down for me.  I like it, but wanted to love it.  Such a missed opportunity that it feels almost criminal.

I'm not rating the covers album.

American Soldier:  VERY good album.  It suffers a bit from odd sequencing, with two ballads leading into a final song that may not feel as triumphantly climactic as the subject matter deserves.  But I can set that aside.  What really gets me is that Geoff's "singing" is really painful to listen to and he almost ruins the album at times.  This is SO close to being a favorite, but, as much as I once thought I would never utter these words, Geoff Tate is the weak link and drags the album down. 

Dedicated To Chaos:  Worst thing they have ever done, and it isn't close.  I listened to it twice (second time was just to confirm that it was as bad as I initially thought, and it wasn't just because I wasn't in the right headspace the first time, or anything like that).  I will probably never voluntarily listen to ANY song from it ever again.  This was the only album I hadn't bought, up to this point, and I refused to until I found it used for a few bucks and bought it just to be a completist. 

Queensryche:  WOW!  What a return to classic form, with a modern sound.  LOVE this album!  The only slight knocks on it are that, at times, it feels like they hadn't found their feet as a new writing team yet without Tate, and it is too short.

Condition Human:  Even better than its predecessor.  Best thing they've done since Promised Land, and probably my #3 or #4 overall.

The Verdict:  Probably my least favorite of the Todd era, but it has grown on me quite a bit after initially not liking it.  Solid album.

Im a HUGE fan of HITNF also Boss    I really love it, no clue why others dont ,  really was a a great Chris/Geoff colab with Geoff letting Chris do his thing and what he wanted to do, some claimed Geoff wasnt behind the effort but he was totally, also loved that tour even though it was bittersweet and we all knew it ending
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4657 on: April 13, 2021, 11:09:30 AM »
Im a HUGE fan of HITNF also Boss    I really love it, no clue why others dont ,  really was a a great Chris/Geoff colab with Geoff letting Chris do his thing and what he wanted to do, some claimed Geoff wasnt behind the effort but he was totally, also loved that tour even though it was bittersweet and we all knew it ending

I can't say I don't get why a lot don't like it.  There's no denying that it is a pretty big departure from their classic sound.  So I can see how it would have thrown a lot of people for a loop.  But as I said, I really do like it a lot. 

I wish I had seen that tour.  Can't remember exactly why I missed it, but the scheduling did not work out for whatever reason. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4658 on: April 13, 2021, 11:37:18 AM »

I can't say I don't get why a lot don't like it.  There's no denying that it is a pretty big departure from their classic sound.  So I can see how it would have thrown a lot of people for a loop.  But as I said, I really do like it a lot. 

I wish I had seen that tour.  Can't remember exactly why I missed it, but the scheduling did not work out for whatever reason.

I agree Boss...   Chris and Geoff always made it known that they were into change and doing what they felt, and to me that was what they made them even more special, I think HINTF is so timeless and tells the story of Chris knowing he was leaving , I know it hurt Chris when the fans in general didnt like or embrace it, part of me thinks he knew it wouldnt be embraced and lessen the sting of his life changing and leaving music, I think Geoff knew that also and gave in to Chris to 
 do what he felt on that album,  Geoff always spoke of leaving the door open for chris to come back soon if he changed his mind and career path, amazing how long ago that was and it feels like yesterday
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #4659 on: April 13, 2021, 11:41:24 AM »
I'll say something truly controversial here, but I like a lot Hear in the Now Frontier... as much as I like Promised Land :o. Considering the pros and cons from both albums, that's what I feel, in terms of how much I enjoy to listen to those albums. In the end, I think I consider HITNF a lot better than the majority here and, although I like a lot Promised Land, I don't consider it closer to any of QR's masterpiece (I think O:M and Empire are). The EP I consider cool, but a bit of a proto-QR and I put Warning above PL/HITNF, Rage above Warning and just a bit below Empire and O:M.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4660 on: April 13, 2021, 11:45:09 AM »
I forget the timing now.  Did he say he was leaving back during the writing?  I seem to remember it being toward the end of the tour, but I may be misremembering.  (I do remember Eddie's spoof post on their website on April 1, 1999 saying he felt a moral obligation to leave the band and go research solutions to the upcoming global Y2K "problem") 

What are your memories from the tour?  Again, that is one that I regret not catching in person.  I wish they at least released a DVD.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #4661 on: April 13, 2021, 11:56:38 AM »
bosk,

There was no official announcement he left Queensryche until early 1998. The band, however, knew Fall 1997. They played their last dates in South American in December 1997, knowing those were Chris' final shows.

re: Tribe

The album is, after almost 20 years, hit and miss. I think the DeGarmo-involved/recorded tracks (Open, Desert Dance, Falling Behind, Doin' Fine, Art of Life and later, Justified) are good, and continue that evolution from where he was on HITNF as a writer. Art of Life and Falling Behind have really stood the test of time for me.

The non-DeGarmo-involved tracks, Tribe, Losing Myself, Rhythm of Hope, Blood, and The Great Divide are also pretty good, with the exception of Losing Myself, which is for my money, one of the worst songs with Queensryche's name on it (co-written by Mike Stone/Geoff Tate). Blood is unfinished -- it's missing a second guitar part that DeGarmo was going to add. The Great Divide was also unfinished, missing a solo, which Wilton added on the Tribe headline tour. I like that song. The title track is great, and Rhythm of Hope is pretty good too.

Overall, I like it. But I tend to split the album, as I feel the DeGarmo tracks really sound like one band, and the other tracks sound like another. But that's just me.

re: Tribe tour

I saw the tour (which went through Fall 2003) five times. Twice as a co-headliner with Dream Theater (both Northern California dates), and then three times as a headliner (Cupertino, Ventura, which are in California, and then Westbury, which is on Long Island). I thoroughly enjoyed the tour. The Westbury date in particular was great. 20+ songs, they played a lot of my favorites, and in soundcheck they played Anybody Listening, which was the first time I had seen personally seen it performed. They had really started branching out on that headline run, adding various songs into the set list. Della Brown was at that show too, which was cool.

re: HITNF

The album has really grown on me over time. It still has a lot of filler, but I'd probably argue it is a real good 8-track deep album. I've really come to appreciate just how DeGarmo was evolving as a writer on it, and all the guitar ear candy. It's just not guitar in a classic metal sense. And that's okay.

I wrote a little something back in October about the similarities I hear between Hear in the Now Frontier and Soundgarden's Down on the Upside. Check it out here - https://anybodylistening.net/downontherycheside.html

« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 12:01:48 PM by Samsara »
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - NOW AVAILABLE!

Order at www.roadstomadness.com/book.html!

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4662 on: April 13, 2021, 12:09:14 PM »
I forget the timing now.  Did he say he was leaving back during the writing?  I seem to remember it being toward the end of the tour, but I may be misremembering.  (I do remember Eddie's spoof post on their website on April 1, 1999 saying he felt a moral obligation to leave the band and go research solutions to the upcoming global Y2K "problem") 

What are your memories from the tour?  Again, that is one that I regret not catching in person.  I wish they at least released a DVD.

my memories were of knowing that Chris was leaving, it was stunning, you could feel it at times.  I remember thinking that the band seemed lost as a unit, Chris was quite quiet , for some reason I felt Geoff was ready to do his thing, as he was dressing in suits and just had this odd wardrobe and hair. it felt like the unit had broken they had become "old".  they played great, Geoff sounded really good and I remember thinking they are using some people fly as the final encore and it hit me that it was over .

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4663 on: April 13, 2021, 12:13:35 PM »
I'll say something truly controversial here, but I like a lot Hear in the Now Frontier... as much as I like Promised Land :o. Considering the pros and cons from both albums, that's what I feel, in terms of how much I enjoy to listen to those albums. In the end, I think I consider HITNF a lot better than the majority here and, although I like a lot Promised Land, I don't consider it closer to any of QR's masterpiece (I think O:M and Empire are). The EP I consider cool, but a bit of a proto-QR and I put Warning above PL/HITNF, Rage above Warning and just a bit below Empire and O:M.

I dont consider that controversial at all, I tend to agree 

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #4664 on: April 13, 2021, 01:46:47 PM »

Half of Hear is ok but badly produced so it sucks the life out of the songs. I really couldn’t get into it back in the day, but who would have thought that it was only going to be downhill from there?

I can only think of a couple of other bands that I loved that went downhill so fast.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4665 on: April 13, 2021, 02:03:28 PM »
@Samsara:

Yeah, the difference in writing is definitely apparent between DeGarmo being involved and him not being involved.  For my personal tastes, I obviously don't split it quite along those lines.  The ones I like best are mostly his.  But I had forgotten about Great Divide.  I would add that one as well.  So, I should say, I love Open, Desert Dance, Art of Life, and The Great Divide

Doin' Fine is pretty good.  I never really liked Justified all that much, and I feel like it was the right decision to leave it off the album.

I get the hate for Losing Myself.  I really do.  For me, I just always thought it was just an odd, quirky song, and I can appreciate it as such.  It's not a favorite by any stretch.  But it's fine for what it is.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4666 on: April 13, 2021, 02:10:33 PM »
@Samsara:

Yeah, the difference in writing is definitely apparent between DeGarmo being involved and him not being involved.  For my personal tastes, I obviously don't split it quite along those lines.  The ones I like best are mostly his.  But I had forgotten about Great Divide.  I would add that one as well.  So, I should say, I love Open, Desert Dance, Art of Life, and The Great Divide

Doin' Fine is pretty good.  I never really liked Justified all that much, and I feel like it was the right decision to leave it off the album.

I get the hate for Losing Myself.  I really do.  For me, I just always thought it was just an odd, quirky song, and I can appreciate it as such.  It's not a favorite by any stretch.  But it's fine for what it is.

agreed.. I like Losing Myself,  its a fine song it has that odd quirky break in it but other than that its pretty straight forward

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4667 on: April 13, 2021, 02:14:52 PM »

Half of Hear is ok but badly produced so it sucks the life out of the songs. I really couldn’t get into it back in the day, but who would have thought that it was only going to be downhill from there?

I can only think of a couple of other bands that I loved that went downhill so fast.

I dont know bro   most bands dont make it 30+ years or so and most bands just do formula for the fan base that demands more of the same. I never saw it as "going down"  I viewed it all as extra gravy after HITNF and they always were awesome live or shall I say a very interesting show until Tates departure , now I see them going back to formula to appease IMO
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 02:51:55 PM by EPICVIEW »

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #4668 on: April 13, 2021, 02:55:10 PM »
About QR going downhill after HITNF (or PL) or just wanting to make different albums: I don't think QR continued to evolve after Chris departure, I just think the albums shaped its sound accordingly the music writers that Geoff recruited at time, but I don't think they had a goal to evolve musically from album to album (which it seemed the case of their classic period). O:M2 is totally nostalgic and it's a good album as American Soldier (and this one with more creativity). No doubt, these albums are the best from Taterÿche era IMO. Despite Chris's presence, I don't think Tribe is at the same level of any album from the classic period. The LaTorre albums, although I agree are less creative in style and kind of nostalgic, rank to me around the level of EP, Warning, PL and HITNF and better than all Taterÿche era, because the quality of the music.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4669 on: April 13, 2021, 03:09:50 PM »
About QR going downhill after HITNF (or PL) or just wanting to make different albums: I don't think QR continued to evolve after Chris departure, I just think the albums shaped its sound accordingly the music writers that Geoff recruited at time, but I don't think they had a goal to evolve musically from album to album (which it seemed the case of their classic period). O:M2 is totally nostalgic and it's a good album as American Soldier (and this one with more creativity). No doubt, these albums are the best from Taterÿche era IMO. Despite Chris's presence, I don't think Tribe is at the same level of any album from the classic period. The LaTorre albums, although I agree are less creative in style and kind of nostalgic, rank to me around the level of EP, Warning, PL and HITNF and better than all Taterÿche era, because the quality of the music.

Well, I don't think "they" were trying to evolve musically because "they" weren't really involved with the direction of the band and music in later years.  I do think they tried to take the music somewhere new with Q2K, but they had a new writing partner, and were learning and experimenting with where they could go with him.  With Chris temporarily back in the fold, and then out again and Stone in, you get an album in Tribe that is disjointed, but still feels to me like QR trying to take their sound in a new direction that is heavily influenced by their prior work AND the dark, stripped down sound of the late '90s and early '00s.  But after that, the rest of the band is largely disconnected from the writing, and it is just Geoff and whoever he has as a writing partner.  Slater, at times, was able to really tap into the QR vibe (to his credit).  But, yeah, what you said is true, and there is a reason for it.

You don't really have the band together as a cohesive writing team again until the LaTorre albums.  And, as you said, they aren't overly "creative" or trying to go somewhere new.  They are largely "classic QR with a modern edge."  And that's fine.  I think that's a product of both where they want to be, and lack of a writer than wants to and can take them in a different direction.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4670 on: April 13, 2021, 05:06:39 PM »

I agree with this take.  Hear in the Now Frontier isn't that bad in a vacuum, but as the follow-up to Promised Land, it was a massive letdown, and the mix really hurts it.  I do think the album overall might have been better with a good mix, but as is, it's a tough listen.  The mix is so dry and lifeless. 

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4671 on: April 13, 2021, 07:08:23 PM »

I agree with this take.  Hear in the Now Frontier isn't that bad in a vacuum, but as the follow-up to Promised Land, it was a massive letdown, and the mix really hurts it.  I do think the album overall might have been better with a good mix, but as is, it's a tough listen.  The mix is so dry and lifeless.

the mix never bothered me   but I agree PL sounded immense and pristine

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4672 on: April 13, 2021, 07:10:35 PM »

Well, I don't think "they" were trying to evolve musically because "they" weren't really involved with the direction of the band and music in later years.  I do think they tried to take the music somewhere new with Q2K, but they had a new writing partner, and were learning and experimenting with where they could go with him.  With Chris temporarily back in the fold, and then out again and Stone in, you get an album in Tribe that is disjointed, but still feels to me like QR trying to take their sound in a new direction that is heavily influenced by their prior work AND the dark, stripped down sound of the late '90s and early '00s.  But after that, the rest of the band is largely disconnected from the writing, and it is just Geoff and whoever he has as a writing partner.  Slater, at times, was able to really tap into the QR vibe (to his credit).  But, yeah, what you said is true, and there is a reason for it.

You don't really have the band together as a cohesive writing team again until the LaTorre albums.  And, as you said, they aren't overly "creative" or trying to go somewhere new.  They are largely "classic QR with a modern edge."  And that's fine.  I think that's a product of both where they want to be, and lack of a writer than wants to and can take them in a different direction.

I agree...

Offline Cruithne

« Reply #4673 on: April 14, 2021, 02:31:23 AM »
Tribe:  I loved it when it came out, but it lacked staying power.  The problems are what I highlighted above.  It is just a very inconsistent album.  I love Open, Desert Dance, and Art of Life.  Doing Fine and the title song are okay, and [controversial opinion warning!] I don't hate Losing Myself.  The other songs either bore me to tears or I actively dislike them.

I'm not sure why you'd think that's a controversial opinion. Losing Myself is a good song and I thought it was a promising sign for the future at the time... hey ho.

Tribe's a solid album (shame about Blood, though) but it feels slightly lobotimised somehow, but then I thought the same of Promised Land and Hear In The Now Frontier. I do really like all three but they're not up to the standard they'd set previously.

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #4674 on: April 14, 2021, 07:16:27 AM »
Count me in as a fan who LOVED HITNF upon release.

I was 17 at the time, and honestly, to me it sounded like a fresh detour from what they'd been doing. I loved every QR album, but I was also a huge fan of punk, alt-rock, and lo-fi indie music, so I was game for a 'rawer' sounding QR album.

Had it been the sonic detour I'd assumed it to be, one where the band would return to a more glossy sound with their next album, I suspect that it would be better remembered by the masses. Unfortunately, for me, it marked the beginning of the end.

There's a little something to like on nearly every post-HITNF release, but there is not a single album I consider to be on par with the 'golden' years.

that being said, HITNF still sounds great to me, and there's a few amazing tracks ('Sign of the Times,' 'The Voice Inside,' 'Hero,' & 'Spool') that I consider to be amongst the band's best material.

Offline Cintus Supremus

« Reply #4675 on: April 14, 2021, 08:44:58 AM »
There's a little something to like on nearly every post-HITNF release, but there is not a single album I consider to be on par with the 'golden' years.

Back that up to include HITNF (and arguably Promised Land for a lot of folks), and I agree with you. After Empire, the band's output with Geoff Tate is best consumed if you view them not as albums, but as a collection of songs, and just cherry-pick the songs you consider to be good.

(Promised Land)
HITNF
Q2K
Tribe
O:M II
American Soldier
Dedicated to Chaos

Take the 4-5 songs you enjoy from each album (sometimes less, sometimes more) and ignore the rest.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4676 on: April 14, 2021, 02:27:25 PM »
Honestly, I think you can say that about  most any band. At least I can.

I mean, for me, QR's "golden years" were The Warning through Promised Land. But with the exception of Mindcrime, which is flawless to me, I think every album has three or four tracks that stand out from the rest. Doesn't mean the albums as a listening experience are bad or unbalanced just because there are some tracks that rise to the top, but for me at least, that's pretty much par for the course with any band I really love - Queensryche's original lineup, Fates Warning, Alter Bridge, Sevendust, 90s Dream Theater, etc.

Even on Dedicated to Chaos, which is the most difficult record to find SOMETHING, I at least like "At the Edge."

Overall, Queensryche is like any other band that had the chance to grow (which is different nowadays, as bands aren't "allowed" to have that growth). They have a period of growth, a creative peak, and then periods of continued change where they evolve. At that point, either their evolution continues to be loved by many, or they gain new fans and lose existing ones.

For me though, in complete retrospect, I will always say that Queensryche had a very defined songwriting evolution within their original configuration. With Chris emerging as the chief music writer, as the band gravitated away from metal, which was Wilton's passion.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - NOW AVAILABLE!

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #4677 on: April 14, 2021, 03:06:37 PM »
I don't listen to any of those albums, they're useless to me.  Beginning with Promised Land, perhaps the single most overrated metal album in history and it just went steadily downhill from there until the comeback with Todd.  So for me I listen to The Warning >> Empire and the last 3 albums with Todd and have zero interest in any of the other stuff.  I do hope they keep going with Todd, although with the recent lineup changes I'm not so sure how good any future material will actually, I will buy the next one on the strength of the last 3 without hearing a note.  But if they veer back in the same direction they were heading in prior to Todd joining, I'm out.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4678 on: April 14, 2021, 04:00:21 PM »
I don't listen to any of those albums, they're useless to me.  Beginning with Promised Land, perhaps the single most overrated metal album in history

Promised Land wasn't a metal album. And neither was Empire.

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #4679 on: April 23, 2021, 05:48:46 PM »
Update from Todd on the Scott situation and he says Casey deserves to play on the next album.

https://www.metalsucks.net/2021/04/23/queensryches-todd-la-torre-on-estranged-drummer-scott-rockenfield-i-have-no-idea-what-hes-doing/
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4681 on: May 09, 2021, 02:57:26 PM »
The soap opera continues.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4682 on: May 09, 2021, 03:06:18 PM »
WTF??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4683 on: May 09, 2021, 03:09:28 PM »
Yikes.

Here's hoping whatever the hell is going on, it gets sorted out quickly. Such a mess for a once iconic band.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4684 on: May 09, 2021, 03:13:41 PM »
Oh BTW, I spun The Verdict the other day.. That album is fantastic.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4685 on: May 09, 2021, 03:24:07 PM »
Best case scenario.....Scott, Chris and Geoff have reformed......worst case is there now 3 different QR bands and the band is officially a complete joke without any debate

Offline Setzer

• Queensrÿche Aficionado
« Reply #4686 on: May 09, 2021, 03:41:51 PM »
Best case scenario.....Scott, Chris and Geoff have reformed......worst case is there now 3 different QR bands and the band is officially a complete joke without any debate
There would be 2 (again)  :laugh:

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #4688 on: May 09, 2021, 03:52:40 PM »
Oh BTW, I spun The Verdict the other day.. That album is fantastic.

It is a very good and honest record.

Of the five QR guys only Michael and Eddie are doing anything relevant musically.
Chris has retired, Geoff is unable to make a good record and Scott has not made a coherent statement in four years.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4689 on: May 09, 2021, 03:55:50 PM »
There would be 2 (again)  :laugh:

Lol who knows anymore, I only listen to the EP- Hear in the Now Frontier and don’t bother with anything QR related beyond that