Author Topic: Official Queensryche thread: Kickstart the next album  (Read 694575 times)

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Re: Official Queensryche thread: Kickstart the next album
« Reply #3500 on: February 14, 2019, 08:44:04 AM »
IIRC, they told people initially that they were fine and it wasn't going to be an issue. I could be wrong, but that's what I remember.

Sorry if you (and others) lost money. Such a shame. QR should absolutely be honoring things. If that's what other bands are doing, they need to take the hit as well, and just fulfill what they promised. It may put them in a bit of a financial hole, but that's the right thing to do.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3501 on: February 14, 2019, 02:24:20 PM »
Had no idea Pledge Music was having trouble. I love the platform and have supported and gotten many albums from it. I just got Paul Gilbert's latest album through them not that long ago.

The guys in QR really can't catch a break it seems.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #3502 on: February 14, 2019, 02:51:54 PM »
Another QR update:

There seems to be some confusion about our post this morning regarding Pledge Music. Nothing that was ordered will be fulfilled. Pledge does not have the money that was pledged to them, thus there is no money for manufacturing costs and we are out $70,000.00. Pledge is no longer taking any campaign pledges for any band whatsoever and they are not responding to us. Apparently they have money problems. PLEASE REQUEST A REFUND FROM YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY. If you are having problems with your credit card company you can contact Pledge Music lawyer Bob Lapowsky at Stevens & Lee. His email is rl@steveslee.com and his phone is 215-751-2866.
*PLEASE NOTE* THE VERDICT WILL STILL BE RELEASED ON MARCH 1ST VIA ALL OTHER OUTLETS, INCLUDING OUR LABEL CENTURY MEDIA, AMAZON, FYE, ITUNES, YOUR LOCAL RECORD SHOPS, ETC. ONLY PRE-ORDERS THROUGH PLEDGE WILL BE AFFECTED!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3503 on: February 14, 2019, 04:05:21 PM »
If the band can't reimburse everyone that got screwed, they should at least try and make it up to these people somehow.  They should be sending out something that's exclusive to the pledgers.  Unfortunate for the band too.

Online faizoff

« Reply #3504 on: February 14, 2019, 06:28:16 PM »
Dang I had no idea there was so much drama going on still with Queensryche post Geoff Tate. I remember listening to the first Todd La Torre QR album but didn't dwell on it much, didn't get to hear Condition Human.

And now a new album is about to drop, with more drama associated with it. These guys cant catch a break.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #3505 on: February 15, 2019, 05:51:47 AM »
One more new song, Blood of the Levant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKqakLXgIKI
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #3506 on: February 15, 2019, 05:53:33 AM »
Strangely, I've received an e-mail from Pledgemusic to download this song. I thought everything was shut down by now.
Listening to this song now... very good first impression!
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3507 on: February 15, 2019, 06:47:53 AM »
bosk, we need a "beating a dead horse" emoticon. Get on that man.  :lol :lol

You mean this one?

:deadhorse:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline thunderdog10

« Reply #3508 on: February 15, 2019, 07:53:42 AM »
they should at the very least send out FLAC copies to all pledgers. that does not cost them anything extra

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3509 on: February 15, 2019, 08:29:38 AM »
Rant time.

Here's the thing. Ok, so Queensryche is out a lot of money. That sucks. It honestly does. But why tell fans that. The FANS are out a lot of money as well. What about the fan who spent a couple hundred bucks, and thats all their entertainment money for a couple of months, and now its gone? Because those fans are out there, and they are left with nothing.

And instead of trying to do something to make up for it, Queensryche just punts and says "go call your credit card company." Well, ok, duh. That's pretty much a no-brainer. But that'll be met with mixed results based on that CC company.

In addition to that, why hasn't Queensryche done SOMETHING to make it up to fans. How about things like "hey, I know this doesn't fully make up for it, but all of you pledgers, provide us with a copy of your receipt, and email this person, and we're going to set up a 10-minute phone call with all of us on a conference call and you can ask us anything you'd like. In addition, we're going to comp each pledger a free VIP meet and greet, so you can come hang with us and get the royal treatment as a courtesy for supporting us, and getting screwed over by Pledge."

What about doing something like that?

Queensryche dropping the ball since 1998...
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #3510 on: February 15, 2019, 08:39:31 AM »
The band mentioned the financial loss so fans wouldn't feel bad about losing their $40 pledge.  One fan in a FB group actually said that - "well my $40 is nothing compared to what the band lost."  But there are others that pledged hundreds and even thousands of dollars (a known QR collector).

To think that the band has basically said "sucks to be you guys, but look at how much we lost" is so backwards.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3511 on: February 15, 2019, 09:26:22 AM »
So we're upset at QR because Pledge failed?  (Legit question, not sarcastic)

What is the "intended" order of The Warning? 

Finally, it might be helpful in terms of the "speculation" to remember that "Scott the owner" (likewise "Geoff the owner") is not the same thing as "Scott the player" (or "Geoff the player").   Brad Carlson ("Bun E. Carlos") is still a one-fourth owner of "Cheap Trick Enterprises" (I think that's what it's called) even though he does not regularly perform with the band either on tour or in the studio, and doesn't, by all accounts, talk to anyone in the band (least not Robin, who he most often refers to as "the singer").  Some operating agreements (a generic name for the agreement that controls the organization) call for automatic (in terms of process) removal if there is a removal from the band, but that's not necessarily a requirement.   

I'm not sure why it's surprising to some that the business side is so complicated; Jon Bon Jovi regularly refers to his band as a "company" and himself as "CEO", and as distasteful as that is to some, it's absolutely, 100% accurate. 

Offline jammindude

« Reply #3512 on: February 15, 2019, 10:28:26 AM »
So we're upset at QR because Pledge failed?  (Legit question, not sarcastic)

What is the "intended" order of The Warning?

1. NM 156
2. En Force
3. No Sanctuary
4. Deliverance
5. Take Hold of the Flame

6. Before the Storm
7. Child of Fire
8. Warning
9. Roads to Madness
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3513 on: February 15, 2019, 10:30:23 AM »
Stads,

What JD said. Also, read this: http://anybodylistening.net/thewarning.html

Skip down to "Notes" and see the image of the net final mix of The Warning (one of the cassettes that had it).

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3514 on: February 15, 2019, 11:33:47 AM »
So, this morning I went through the TLT catalog, including the three new songs from The Verdict. It is an interesting trip. I haven't listened to the self-titled or Condition Human in years.

The evolution of the "new" Queensryche after Tate and DeGarmo (and now Rockenfield) clearly has positioned them as a band of their own, as opposed to an extension of the original lineup. That's only natural, considering that aside from Wilton, all the songwriters of this band now are new, and not connected to the classic era in the band much (Jackson and Rockenfield did not write much at all from the EP through Empire, and only slighly increased on PL and HITNF).

On the self-titled, I think it is pretty obvious the band reset the template, using Mindcrime/Empire as a launching point for their sonic direction. As a result, a lot of the elements are familiar as "Queensryche," and La Torre does his best to stay within that Tate mold, albeit with a little more layering to his voice (his voice is thinner than Tates, so it needed a bit more in terms of layering, which is only natural.

To be really honest, I think this record, as short as it is, is really the most memorable. I think the choruses are more melodic and memorable, and while the mastering is terrible, the mix is good. It's hard to listen to because of the mastering, but I love the balance of everything in the mix.

My favorite songs haven't changed much. Fallout, Don't Look Back, and Open Road. Fallout is sorta how I envisioned a modern Queensryche to sound (although it could have used a bridge), Don't Look Back harkened back to The Needle Lies/Speak/Resistance, and is a classic Wilton track, with some great high vocals. Open Road (although too short), has that mood good Queensryche closers have, and I dig it more than A World Without. It just sounds more believable.

Solid overall record. A bunch of warts, probably due to being rushed, but given the circumstances, I really think its a solid album.

Condition Human, to me, is the "real" debut of this version of Queensryche. It gave TLT the opportunity to be more like himself, and I think the band felt free to just "play."  Its darker, a little more modern in spurts, and more technical. It takes on what I call a more "No Exit" Fates Warning era approach, and sorta sparks me thinking this is what QUeensryche may have sounded like if they decided after Mindcrime to not embrace a warmer, more hard rock sound, and just went on an extension of metal.

Todd sounds more like that era's Ray Alder to me in spurts, and the music is a little less melodic on some tracks. Unlike many, I'm not really fan of the ballads. They seem like 80s hair stuff. Bulletproof and Just Us could have been released in 1989. They aren't bad songs, just not really what I was looking for.

I do, however, really dig Eye9. That song is more where I expect QR to be in terms of "ballads." Its just more moody and a better representation of what I like personally.

But the less emphasis on good melodies, and frankly, good hooks (having a hard time hearing them in this record) really drags it down for me.

To put it frankly, Condition Human (the record) sounds less like classic Queensryche than Queensryche (2013), and more like a band that is finding its legs. And that's not a bad thing. There are some definite high points. Eye9 is fantastic (love the groove), and while I'm no fan of the lyrics in Guardian, I love the song musically. Hellfire is great too.

Condition Human (the song) is a bit of a retread of other long QR songs. I think, honestly, they should have left that song off. Or didn't work so hard to make it long. The whole bridge part sounds like they are doing Suite Sister Mary again. Its sorta ridiculous. Had they cut the bridge, and just gone into a solo and then the outro, I think it would have been more unique. But the bridge really makes it sound like a retread.

Listening to the three tracks released so far from The Verdict, I hear more progression into becoming their own band, as opposed to following in "Queensryche's" footsteps. I don't hear a lot of the classic QR melody in these. And I guess that's smart, because those melodies were DeGarmo and Tate, and this isn't their band any longer.

But I'm also not hearing the hooks and at least to my ear, while I absolutely can see why people will enjoy these songs, they don't necessarily have what I personally have enjoyed from QR over the years. And again, that's totally fine, and completely natural, because it IS a different band. And based on these three songs, I am going to guess that this will be the epitome of this era of Queensryche. You'll hear a band fully in the hands, creatively, of La Torre-Jackson-Wilton as the primary writers and arrangers. With Lundgren stepping up even more too, from what I can tell from the credits.

Queensryche in name, but at least to my ears, a very different sounding era, leaving a lot of the classic QR elements behind and venturing forward. Probably what they should do. But will probably leave a lot of folks behind as well that had been holding on.

Will be cool to hear the entirety of The Verdict and see if the sonic evolutionary thread from Condition Human is indeed progressing. So far, it sounds like it is. Not necessarily for me, because I'm not really enjoying it. But for the band, its probably exactly what they need and following their muse without the spectre of Tate/DeGarmo over them.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3515 on: February 15, 2019, 11:48:58 AM »
I generally agree with all of that, except that I consider Condition Human to be the best so far.

The S/T was great.  As you said, it is obvious that they wanted to stay within a certain classic Queensryche mold.  Or, maybe more accurately, at least use that mold as their basic template.  It sounds modern.  But it sounds like what a band intent on celebrating the HISTORY of what made QR great would be expected to sound like.   The one shortcoming is that this version of the band had not yet gelled as a songwriting team, and the remaining original members were being tasked for perhaps the first time with REALLY stepping up and stretching as lead songwriters for an entire album.  So the songs felt a bit unfinished or underdeveloped in places, at least to me. 

Condition Human remedied the above, in my opinion.  There are truly some terrific songs on that album.  The one exception is, as you mentioned, the title track, which does nothing for me.  All There Was is a weaker track as well.  So combined with the closer and the fact that The Aftermath is basically an interlude, the album really ends on a whimper for me.  As a result, I tend to tune out and sometimes even just shut it off after Hourglass or Just Us.  But the first 8 tracks more than make up for it.  I was honestly VERY happy with that album.  (lyrical issues and behind-the-scenes stuff aside)

This new one...maybe I just need to pay closer attention, but the songs have made me feel exactly nothing.  I'm not sure if that is a commentary on the songs themselves or if I'm just tired of everything about the way this band have handled themselves for too many years now, to the point where it has soured me on the new stuff.  I'll probably buy the album anyway.  And if I like it, great.  Maybe I just need to hear these songs at proper volume on a decent system and take my time to hear the whole album.  Or maybe I'm just done with this band.  That would be sad if the latter is the case.  But we'll see.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline T-ski

« Reply #3516 on: February 15, 2019, 12:50:15 PM »
I kinda like "Dark Reverie", the others...not so much.  Seems all La Torre wants to do is wail, scream and growl, he has zero nuance to his singing.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline pfillion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3518 on: February 20, 2019, 08:27:43 AM »
Just heard the new (third) song. I like it.

I'm getting this album.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3519 on: February 20, 2019, 08:32:18 AM »

I'm getting this album.

I'm seeing them in March.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3520 on: February 20, 2019, 08:34:37 AM »
A Sunday night in Worcester ain't going to work.

My wife is worked up enough that I bought DT tix on a school/work night!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3521 on: February 20, 2019, 08:45:31 AM »
New review

https://metalwani.com/2019/02/review-queensryche-the-verdict.html

From that review, sounds like the majority of the record is pretty ballad and ballad-ish.

A few of the lines in the review summed up my thoughts on the first three songs we've heard (although these lines from the reviewer are for different songs):

"It doesn’t feature any sort of climax or catchy passages."

"Starts strong but loses steam in the bridge and chorus."

"The overall package is just not strong enough here."

>>>>That sums it up for me, at least in regard to Man the Machine, Blood of the Levant and Dark Reverie. And interestingly, the reviewer wasn't talking about THOSE songs when he said those lines. He was talking about three OTHER tunes on the album. So that is a bit eye-opening and leads into my thinking about the record as a whole:

For me personally, they've moved a direction that just doesn't do it for me. It's not as memorable, less hooky, and just not as GOOD as classic QR. It seems like every reviewer, for every album post-Promised Land, has said "this is the best album since Promised Land."  :lol

So basically, what we have is a band that has never been able to get near its output from a quarter-century ago.

I really think Queensryche should be divided into a four separate eras:

Mark I - EP-HITNF + Tribe (even though only half the record is the original lineup)
Mark II - Q2k/Live Evolution
Mark III -  Mindcrime II - D2C (Tateryche)
Mark IV - QR 2013-The Verdict

I know it won't happen, as no one cares about QR enough to really push for that kind of Deep Purple-like separation. But in all honesty, it would be a LOT more fair to the current (Mark IV above) era of the band to just compare it to itself, as opposed to comparing it to other eras of the band (namely the original lineup).

This LaTorre-fronted era is really its own beast, making its own music. And other than some Wilton riffs and solos, it sounds nothing like the original band. It just has that whiff of it because of Wilton's style. I really think the LaTorre era of the band needs to be judged based against its own output, instead of against the original lineup. That's too high a watermark, and the band has completely different writers and a significantly changed artistic vibe now to compare it.

Just let the current era BE the current era, and judge it against itself.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3522 on: February 20, 2019, 08:51:01 AM »
A Sunday night in Worcester ain't going to work.

My wife is worked up enough that I bought DT tix on a school/work night!

Yeah, I'm taking the next day off.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3523 on: February 20, 2019, 02:38:40 PM »
I just did an album ranking thing in the DoT thread for Dream Theater. It occurred to me that I haven't done that for QR in probably a decade. So I figured I'd share it here if anyone wants to play along:

EP - 8
The Warning - 9
RFO - 9
OPM - 10
Empire - 9
Promised Land - 9
HITNF - 7.75 (just way too much filler).
Q2k - 7.5
Tribe - 7.75 (really hard to grade this, since it is like two separate EPs -- full original band (those songs I'd give an 8 to), and then non-DeGarmo (those songs I'd give a 7.5 to))
OPM2 - 7.5
American Soldier - 7.75
D2C - 5 (a couple bright spots, the rest is just not good).
QR 2013 - 8
Condition Human - 8

Online PowerSlave

« Reply #3524 on: February 20, 2019, 04:30:19 PM »
I just did an album ranking thing in the DoT thread for Dream Theater. It occurred to me that I haven't done that for QR in probably a decade. So I figured I'd share it here if anyone wants to play along:

EP - 8
The Warning - 9
RFO - 9
OPM - 10
Empire - 9
Promised Land - 9
HITNF - 7.75 (just way too much filler).
Q2k - 7.5
Tribe - 7.75 (really hard to grade this, since it is like two separate EPs -- full original band (those songs I'd give an 8 to), and then non-DeGarmo (those songs I'd give a 7.5 to))
OPM2 - 7.5
American Soldier - 7.75
D2C - 5 (a couple bright spots, the rest is just not good).
QR 2013 - 8
Condition Human - 8

Your numbers are more generous than mine, and more so than I thought they'd be in general.

EP - 8
Warning - 10
RF - 9 (The only thing that drags it down is that horrendous cover song)
OM- 9
Empire - 8 (A couple of the songs on "side 2" just aren't up to par with the rest of the album)
PL - 8
Hear - 6 (There's some really good songs, and some crap)
Q2K - 3 (And that 3 is being incredibly generous on my behalf. In fact, I'd say that this album is one of the biggest disappointments for me as a fan)
Tribe - 7
OM2 - 4  (There's a few good moments early on in the album, then it takes a hard nose-dive)
AS - 4 (I appreciate what GT was trying to do with the theme of the album, but the musical delivery is poor at best)
D2C - I can't really grade this album, because I've literally never heard a single second of it. The reviews in this forum scared me away from it.
QR 2013 - 6 (If the production and the rushed quality of everything weren't present then it might have ranked higher for me.)
CH - 5 (I find it very boring, and difficult to listen to.)
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3525 on: February 20, 2019, 05:35:30 PM »
I tried to be fairly positive overall. I mean, a 5 is pretty much "this is absolute dog shit." And a 7.5 is basically a "C."
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 05:40:43 PM by Samsara »

Offline Dittomist

« Reply #3526 on: February 20, 2019, 07:53:33 PM »
EP- 7
The Warning- 8
Rage for Order- 9.5
Operation: Mindcrime- 10
Empire- 10
Promised Land- 10
Hear in the Now Frontier- 8
Q2K- 7
Tribe- 5
American Soldier- 6
Operation: Mindcrime II- 7.5
Dedicated to Chaos- 4.5
QR 2013- 7
Condition Human- 7.5

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3527 on: February 20, 2019, 07:53:38 PM »

I'm getting this album.

I'm seeing them in March.

Enjoy your dinner in front of them. :P

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3528 on: February 20, 2019, 08:04:53 PM »
 :lol

No dinner there. I'm more worried about lead poisoning from the walls there.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3529 on: February 20, 2019, 08:06:09 PM »
Yeah, there's NO food there.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #3530 on: February 20, 2019, 08:23:09 PM »
Got my first listen in tonight, and frankly my ears are much more open going forward. The band has a lot of strikes against them right now, but that said there was definite improvement from the ST to CH, and looks like there could be again here. I'm actually truly excited to listen more, which is more than I expected.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3531 on: February 20, 2019, 08:27:25 PM »
That's great to know Nick!!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3532 on: February 20, 2019, 08:58:58 PM »
Just preordered the CD on Amazon.

Offline Cruithne

« Reply #3533 on: February 21, 2019, 01:49:31 AM »
EP- 8
The Warning- 7
(Slight backward step from the EP in subtle ways as Tate's theatricality started to exert itself in the vocals when the band hadn't yet adjusted their writing to suit).

Rage for Order- 9
Operation: Mindcrime - 10
Empire - 10
(All three of these are just ace. R4O is just a tiny notch down in quality from the other two but very, very close)

Promised Land - 7
Hear In The Now Frontier - 7
Tribe - 7
(All three of these are solid QR records but all missing the songwriting balance of Wilton's third leg... I know he contributed to several songs on Tribe but in a lobotomised way).

Q2k - 3.
(At least has two songs on it that've stood the test of time. The rest... bleh. Kelly Grey being allowed to choose the guitar tone(s) was not good).

Operation: Mindcrime II - 5.
(Hostage's pretty good, which is perhaps not surprising that it's one of the few genuine QR songs on there, and there are a few other pretty good songs but the story is rubbish and even though the middle trio of songs is pretty rocking the lyrics are "Jeffrey's first high school play" level. Bad production).

American Soldier - 1.
(Flat production, boring songs. Gun metal grey throughout).

Dedicated To Chaos - 0.
(It's just appallingly bad. The one half decent song on there has a line in the middle of it I just can't work out the angle on so I won't listen to it anyway and thus the album simply has no value).

Queensryche - 8.
Condition Human - 7.
(S/T is too short but when it's good it's really good, Condition Human is more consistent but a bit bloated... it's a shame LaTorre doesn't have DeGarmo/Tate's ability for phonetically friendly lyrics as it leads to some pretty clumsy sounding stuff, but overall the albums are solid).

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #3534 on: February 21, 2019, 03:49:48 AM »
EP - 5 (I only really like the first track :/)
The Warning - 6
Rage For Order - 8
Operation Mindcrime - 9
Empire - 9
Promised Land - 10

Hear In The Now Frontier - 4
Q2K - 5 (a few amazing tracks keeps it from being lower)
Tribe - 6
Operation Mindcrime II - 10
American Soldier - 7
Dedicated To Chaos - 1

QR12 - 7
Condition Human - 8
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。