Author Topic: Official Queensryche thread: Kickstart the next album  (Read 683638 times)

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Queensryche
« Reply #245 on: May 16, 2011, 10:21:32 AM »
Just listened to the samples. You know, it's not good. But it's catchy at least. Last couple albums weren't good or catchy!

"Got it Bad" sounds like a reall winner. And by "winner" I mean worst QR song ever!

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #246 on: May 16, 2011, 10:35:39 AM »
Just listened to the samples. You know, it's not good. But it's catchy at least. Last couple albums weren't good or catchy!

"Got it Bad" sounds like a reall winner. And by "winner" I mean worst QR song ever!

I think they meant to name that for those who waste money on buying it so once they get it they can say

Q: anyone buy the Queensryche CD, how is it?
A: Yes I did , "I got it...bad"
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #247 on: May 16, 2011, 10:39:15 AM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #248 on: May 16, 2011, 12:16:10 PM »
My brother said to me the other day, "Did you know that Queensryche is coming to town this summer?"  He knows I am a big fan of their early stuff and figured I'd go see them.  He figured wrong. :biggrin:

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #249 on: May 16, 2011, 12:33:19 PM »
I would do the same if I were you. I'm a huge fan of the old stuff but there's no way in hell they can put a decent performance and do them justice now so why even bother.

Offline Dittomist

« Reply #250 on: May 16, 2011, 04:22:06 PM »
I've been a huge fan ever since 1990, and it looks like this new album will be the first one I don't purchase. I was absolutely horrified with the clips I saw of their Caberet tour, and a huge majority of the album samples were just godawful. Got It Bad, Get Started, and Wot We Do were probably the worst offenders.  I liked Operation Mindcrime II a lot and I thought American Soldier had a few really strong songs, but it looks like Dedicated to Chaos will be the last straw for the remaining fans. I can't see them recovering after this debacle unless Tate takes a couple years off and regains his vocal abilities AND Chris Degarmo returns full-time.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #251 on: May 16, 2011, 06:35:39 PM »
Just listened to the clips. Not good! Not good at all!

I had high hopes for this record since the last two studio albums seemed to have them returning to form. Oh well. DT11 September.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #252 on: May 16, 2011, 07:40:56 PM »
Is there a metal band that has consistently let down the fans and released more shit albums in a row than Queensryche? Besides Metallica? I literally can't think of a band that has gone "down the tubes" quite like Queensryche has. Oh well, we always have the first 5 albums...
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #253 on: May 16, 2011, 08:12:21 PM »
Is there a metal band that has consistently let down the fans and released more shit albums in a row than Queensryche? Besides Metallica? I literally can't think of a band that has gone "down the tubes" quite like Queensryche has. Oh well, we always have the first 5 7 albums...

Fixed.  And I agree.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #254 on: May 16, 2011, 08:36:54 PM »
Is there a metal band that has consistently let down the fans and released more shit albums in a row than Queensryche? Besides Metallica? I literally can't think of a band that has gone "down the tubes" quite like Queensryche has. Oh well, we always have the first 5 7 6 albums...

Fixed.  And I agree.

Fixed yet again.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #255 on: May 16, 2011, 08:38:53 PM »
I really like HIYNF so I'll say 7.  I do like Tribe.  I think Jeff was the cog that really made this band.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #256 on: May 16, 2011, 08:39:50 PM »
I don't like it, and I don't really like Promised Land much either. I haven't heard Tribe, actually.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #257 on: May 16, 2011, 09:49:31 PM »
After listening to half the samples, I must say, this seems very disappointing, and I'm a optimistic Queensryche fan.  A big step down from American Soldier by the sounds of it, which I actually quite enjoyed.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #258 on: May 16, 2011, 10:58:17 PM »
After listening to half the samples, I must say, this seems very disappointing, and I'm a optimistic Queensryche fan.  A big step down from American Soldier by the sounds of it, which I actually quite enjoyed.

My thoughts exactly.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #259 on: May 16, 2011, 11:47:54 PM »

My thoughts exactly.

:tup

It's disappointing, because American Soldier was a really good record IMO.  Some great songs and a good concept, and as you said a step in the right direction.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #260 on: May 17, 2011, 03:54:11 PM »
For anyone who is interested, Slater is answering questions about his work on the new album and his involvement with Queensryche in general.

https://www.anybodylistening.net/breakdownroom/index.php?topic=2141.0

"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #261 on: May 17, 2011, 11:04:52 PM »
Speaking of QR, what happened to Samsara?  Reading through this thread, it occurred to me that I haven't seen him post in a while, and sure enough, when I looked at his profile, his last post was in early March.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #262 on: May 18, 2011, 08:53:09 AM »
He's at a new job, and is just being cautious for now about not being online as much.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #263 on: May 20, 2011, 06:47:56 AM »
For anyone who is interested, Slater is answering questions about his work on the new album and his involvement with Queensryche in general.

https://www.anybodylistening.net/breakdownroom/index.php?topic=2141.0

I feel bad for Slater having got sucked into the quagmire that is Queensryche.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #264 on: May 20, 2011, 08:12:49 AM »
He's at a new job, and is just being cautious for now about not being online as much.

Ah.  Gotcha. :coolio

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #265 on: May 20, 2011, 10:28:56 AM »
Speaking of QR, what happened to Samsara?  Reading through this thread, it occurred to me that I haven't seen him post in a while, and sure enough, when I looked at his profile, his last post was in early March.

I miss him too.  His replies often make me:  :corn
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline perfey

• Stiletto in the sand
« Reply #266 on: May 20, 2011, 11:49:16 AM »
I bought and listened to AS, my first and so far only QR I have bought. It seems it was a good decision now, if they were going in the "right direction". After what I've read about the new album and the Cabaretcrap (havent listened to the samples yet) I'm not going to buy that album. Should I support their old albums and buy them? and hope they realise that those sells better then their new stuff, or just dont buy any album of them at all, to show that I dont like their current situation?

Offline T-ski

« Reply #267 on: May 20, 2011, 11:59:03 AM »
I bought and listened to AS, my first and so far only QR I have bought. It seems it was a good decision now, if they were going in the "right direction". After what I've read about the new album and the Cabaretcrap (havent listened to the samples yet) I'm not going to buy that album. Should I support their old albums and buy them? and hope they realise that those sells better then their new stuff, or just dont buy any album of them at all, to show that I dont like their current situation?

Rage For Order, Operation:Mindcrime, Empire, and Promised Land are essential purchases. 
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Dittomist

« Reply #268 on: May 20, 2011, 12:23:36 PM »
I second that. Rage For Order, Operation Mindcrime, Empire, and Promised Land are 4 of the greatest albums of all time. Absolutely brilliant stuff. You will not be disappointed!

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #269 on: May 20, 2011, 12:27:53 PM »
I second that. Rage For Order, Operation Mindcrime, Empire, and Promised Land are 4 of the greatest albums of all time. Absolutely brilliant stuff. You will not be disappointed!

Add the Warning to that list as well.

Offline perfey

• Stiletto in the sand
« Reply #270 on: May 20, 2011, 01:54:16 PM »
I know! I have listened to them lol!  :P The question I asked is if I should support them or not now, in their current situation, or wait to see if things get better?

Offline TL

« Reply #271 on: May 20, 2011, 04:51:03 PM »
Listened to some of the samples;
They sound like they're doing a bad job of trying to emulate early 2000s alt-rock.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #272 on: May 20, 2011, 05:47:56 PM »
I am sick of the boring mid tempo stuff and the clips all sound like more of the same. HitNF/Q2K sounding all over again. I can hear some Empire elements, but ultimately, nothing to get me excited about.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #273 on: May 21, 2011, 10:04:07 PM »
Well, after listening to the clips about 10 times, I've changed my view entirely. First of all, these are only 20 second clips, so I'll save the ultimate judgement for the album. Secondly, after about the 5th listen I started to really dig this sound. I hear elements of various song styles they've done in the past, the obvious being Empire. And I remember when Empire came out, after O:M, upon first listen I hated it. But it grew on me with every listen until I loved it. Just these small clips have already had the same effect. Fascinating. I can already tell I'm going to like it much better than Hear In the Now, Q2K and Tribe. It's not the heavier, darker sound of O:M ll or AS which I love, but I'm now looking forward to this one.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #274 on: May 22, 2011, 12:19:57 AM »
Interesting views.  I hope I can say the same once I hear the album.  I will still buy it and give it a good go.  Reading your paragraph gives me some hope.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #275 on: May 22, 2011, 01:48:04 PM »
Geoff's voice just doesn't have that appealing tone it used to. Now I find it rather annoying and one-dimensional. And so is the material so not a good combo.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #276 on: May 22, 2011, 06:38:36 PM »
Interesting views.  I hope I can say the same once I hear the album.  I will still buy it and give it a good go.  Reading your paragraph gives me some hope.

Thanks. The thing is...Queensryche are constantly reinventing their sound. That's one of the things i like about them. It's nothing new for them. O:M -Rage for Order - Empire was the same. So I for one am really hopeful of this album. It's not AS, but Empire wasn't O"M or Rage For Order either. They've been doing this their whole career if we look back on it.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #277 on: May 22, 2011, 06:45:47 PM »
Totally, I also like them for that aspect, not one album sounds the same.  That's why I will still definitely buy this record and give it a good go.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #278 on: May 23, 2011, 08:47:39 AM »

Thanks. The thing is...Queensryche are constantly reinventing their sound. That's one of the things i like about them. It's nothing new for them. O:M -Rage for Order - Empire was the same. So I for one am really hopeful of this album. It's not AS, but Empire wasn't O"M or Rage For Order either. They've been doing this their whole career if we look back on it.

I never had a problem with QR reinventing their sound until their re-invention became mediocre songs not even written in most part by the band.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #279 on: May 23, 2011, 12:20:06 PM »
Interesting views.  I hope I can say the same once I hear the album.  I will still buy it and give it a good go.  Reading your paragraph gives me some hope.

I never had a problem with QR reinventing their sound until their re-invention became mediocre songs not even written in most part by the band.

Then don't listen to them then. :corn
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 02:33:42 PM by dongringo »
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )