News:

Dreamtheaterforums.org is a place of peace.  ...except when it is a place of BEING ON FIRE!!!

Main Menu

Cruise to the Edge 2025 - Haken, IQ and more.

Started by jammindude, April 30, 2024, 07:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jammindude

Bumping this to ask if anyone has been to Miami before, and knows the lay of the land, and can give us some tips on where to stay and where to stay away from.

ReaperKK

I lived in Miami and have visited a bunch. Are you just going for the cruise or planning on staying a bit?

jammindude

We won't be staying in Miami long. The idea is to fly into Daytona Beach and visit family for one week up that way, then drive down to Miami the day before the cruise and crash in a hotel nearby...preferably something that's right next to where the boat docks...and then do one more night in a hotel when we get back before we fly home from Miami. But since the cruise comes back on a Wednesday, I suppose we could spend a day or two in Miami if I could think of nice places to visit for a couple of old people.  :lol

I'm 55 and my wife is nine years older than me and she doesn't get around very well. She gets around OK, but she's really slow.

BrickGlass

Man, I'd love to see IQ in concert. Never had the chance.

jammindude

Quote from: BrickGlass on August 15, 2024, 06:29:10 PMMan, I'd love to see IQ in concert. Never had the chance.

I honestly believed I would never have the chance. But IQ in the lineup was what gave me the extra incentive to make it happen.

We just need to find a place to stay. That's fairly close to the port of Miami so that we don't have to travel very far to get to the ship.