Author Topic: Breakdown Appreciation Thread  (Read 6014 times)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Re: Breakdown Appreciation Thread
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2011, 07:37:03 PM »
But then he won't see his ban message anymore, which I was quite fond of, simple but effective.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2011, 07:38:31 PM »
Yes, it was.  But he's seen it nine times now (or more; haven't checked the log again).  And I much love the thought that he can't seem to stay away from this place and will now have to see that we are talking about him, and he can't respond back.  You can change it back to a full ban again later.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2011, 07:39:33 PM »
I don't care. But the point is - you can't ban IRL.

See, that's the thing, though.  Yes, you can.  What you seem to forget is that this is real life.  You are interacting with real people, and the fact that you think you can hide behind a computer screen and an avatar doesn't change that.  So when you act like a fool in what is essentially my house, break the rules I've set up for this "house," and argue with my mods and my other guests, you will be shown the door.  The same thing would happen to you if you were in my physical house--by force if necessary.  The sooner you grow up and learn that being in the Internet doesn't give you a pass to act like an idiot, the better off you'll be.  Unfortunately, you no longer have the privilege of learning that lesson here in this place. 

By the way, Nick.  I'm showing that he apparently doens't get the message and has unsuccessfully tried logging back in nine times since you banned him a few minutes ago.  I'm going to change it to a partial ban where he can actually see us talking aobut him, but can't log in and post.

tl;dnr:  Don't act like an idiot in someone else's house or you will be shown the door.  Adios, amigo.

Fuck, MP hacked Bosk's account!

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2011, 07:49:44 PM »
He's viewing this thread, now he knows I'm a neo-fascist too. :(
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2011, 07:53:16 PM »
Nick you are my favorite neo facist.  :heart

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2011, 08:28:14 PM »
Now, just in case any of you here want to seriously discuss the points made above, I just want to say that Hef is indeed a Neo-fascist, I didn't realize that was a big secret.

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2011, 08:31:47 PM »
This thread is now about Skinny Puppy.

Skinny Puppy is a Canadian industrial musical group, formed in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada in 1982. The group is widely considered to be the founders of the electro-industrial genre.

Initially envisioned as an experimental side project by cEvin Key while he was in the new wave band Images In Vogue, Skinny Puppy evolved into a full-time project with the addition of vocalist Nivek Ogre. Over the course of a dozen studio albums and many live tours, Key and Ogre have been the only constant members. Other members have included Dwayne Goettel (1986–1995), Dave "Rave" Ogilvie (long-time associate, producer, and "unofficial" fourth member until 1995), Mark Walk (2003–present), and a number of guests, including Bill Leeb (1985–1986, under the pseudonym Wilhelm Schroeder), Al Jourgensen (1989), and many others.

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2011, 08:36:03 PM »
@hef

dat gif :rollin :rollin
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
  • I probably don't like you
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2011, 10:13:14 PM »
This thread was constructive and useful. I really learned a lot here. My time here was well spent.
NEW REVIEW: Lady Gaga - Born This Way
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=25343.0

Setra, I think that is the best statement I have read on this forum.  Very well said.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2011, 11:06:44 PM »
oh my fuck what a heavy guitar

Lol, dont remember posting this
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2011, 07:06:29 AM »
I don't care. But the point is - you can't ban IRL.

See, that's the thing, though.  Yes, you can.  What you seem to forget is that this is real life.  You are interacting with real people, and the fact that you think you can hide behind a computer screen and an avatar doesn't change that.  So when you act like a fool in what is essentially my house, break the rules I've set up for this "house," and argue with my mods and my other guests, you will be shown the door.  The same thing would happen to you if you were in my physical house--by force if necessary.  The sooner you grow up and learn that being in the Internet doesn't give you a pass to act like an idiot, the better off you'll be.  Unfortunately, you no longer have the privilege of learning that lesson here in this place.  

By the way, Nick.  I'm showing that he apparently doens't get the message and has unsuccessfully tried logging back in nine times since you banned him a few minutes ago.  I'm going to change it to a partial ban where he can actually see us talking aobut him, but can't log in and post.

tl;dnr:  Don't act like an idiot in someone else's house or you will be shown the door.  Adios, amigo.

And now he is locked outside, looking in through the window.  :lol