Author Topic: The Aristocrats - Guthrie Govan, Bryan Beller, Marco Minnemann (merged)  (Read 28063 times)

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
Re: The Aristocrats - Guthrie Govan, Bryan Beller, Marco Minnemann (merged)
« Reply #175 on: June 25, 2019, 07:23:38 AM »
Thanks for posting this, bought a ticket.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #176 on: June 25, 2019, 06:32:42 PM »
I've been debating this for a little while. It would only be a couple hour drive for me and I think I would enjoy them live quite a bit, but I've never actually looked into their music that seriously before (just a couple listens to each album). It's got more to do with instrumental music in general- very rarely grabbing me on a studio album. When I can engage with it in a live setting though, that's a different story. And I do really enjoy both Guthrie and Marco (don't know much about the other to be honest), so...

I imagine this is a band that is much more enjoyable in the live setting. I’m debating going to the Atlanta show.

They are a lot of fun to see live. I wish they were coming near me, I'd love to see them again.

Offline efx

« Reply #177 on: June 28, 2019, 01:43:26 AM »
New album just dropped and it's pretty much in line with the previous efforts. I really like this band but I feel like I need another couple of listens to this one before passing judgement. Some songs are way more riff based than any of their previous efforts which is pretty cool and of course there are still the bits of humorous moments etc. Got tickets to see them twice on the upcoming European tour so I'm excited about that :)

Online The Letter M

« Reply #179 on: January 14, 2021, 04:03:22 PM »
From Facebook:

10 years ago, on this day, The Aristocrats formed.
And in celebration of that anniversary, we’ll be releasing a new live album (with handpicked material from our last tour) very soon.
More about that in a little while.
Cheers!

https://www.facebook.com/100044282356799/posts/248061843346559/

Great news for anyone looking for some new Aristocrats releases!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2021, 07:33:28 PM »
From Facebook:

And in celebration of that anniversary, we’ll be releasing a new live album (with handpicked material from our last tour) very soon.
Cheers!

-Marc.

Only the live ones. This is right up my alley.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #181 on: January 17, 2021, 11:10:23 AM »
From Facebook:

Cheers!

-Marc.

Only the live ones. This is right up my alley.

Boing, We'll Do It Live! introduced me to these guys. And live is where it's at with these guys. It's more like making an album is an excuse to tour and play music. It's great seeing 3 guys whom enjoy playing their instruments jam together and make musical sounds.  :lol I say musical sounds due to them having fun with music. Like this... A Very Metal Introduction/Sweaty Knockers
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online The Letter M

« Reply #182 on: March 18, 2021, 01:21:55 PM »
Hello!

First of all, we hope that all of you out there are staying safe and well during these very crazy times. It’s been a while since we’ve reached out to you all, but we have some very exciting news to announce: We are releasing a new live album called FREEZE! LIVE IN EUROPE 2020 on May 7, and pre-orders are available starting NOW!

CLICK HERE TO PRE-ORDER FREEZE! LIVE IN EUROPE 2020 IN YOUR PREFERRED FORMAT (CD, VINYL, HI-RES DIGITAL) - AND RECEIVE THE TRACK “SPANISH EDDIE” IMMEDIATELY

You can read more about it on their website- https://the-aristocrats-band.com/

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #183 on: March 18, 2021, 01:36:27 PM »
This is another of those groups that I should like but never could connect with it.

Online The Letter M

« Reply #184 on: March 18, 2021, 02:11:05 PM »
This is another of those groups that I should like but never could connect with it.

I like them well enough and enjoy their music when I'm in the mood, but I don't listen to them very often, only when new albums come out.

-Marc.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #185 on: March 18, 2021, 02:37:35 PM »

Live is where this group shines. You sense and feel that connection between those three, and it makes for a very enjoyable show filled with great Music. It's just 3 guys having fun playing music and sharing it with everyone else who decides to attend a show.

I find myself listening to their live albums more as well.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #186 on: March 27, 2021, 08:00:58 PM »
Cool. I'll add this to the list.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #187 on: March 27, 2021, 08:14:45 PM »

Live is where this group shines. You sense and feel that connection between those three, and it makes for a very enjoyable show filled with great Music. It's just 3 guys having fun playing music and sharing it with everyone else who decides to attend a show.

I find myself listening to their live albums more as well.

I really loved seeing them live, just 3 dudes having a great time playing music. The energy was fantastic and seeing that kind of virtuosity in person left my jaw on the floor.

Offline EVILPROGBOY

« Reply #188 on: January 18, 2022, 01:28:47 PM »
Marco Video on the Witherfall page, i guess he played on their last album...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5uTbs5ZDxY

Online The Letter M

« Reply #189 on: April 22, 2022, 09:28:18 AM »
From the band’s Facebook page:

THE ARISTOCRATS WITH PRIMUZ CHAMBER ORCHESTRA - COMING ON JUNE 3RD!

Check out the visualizer video and preview the album track 'The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde'. Pre-orders are available now at various outlets here: https://linktr.ee/AristocratsBand

This new album reveals a lush and lavish musical reimagination and sonic reinvention of compositions from throughout the band’s catalog.

“This project began when we randomly stumbled upon a YouTube video of Poland’s Primuz Chamber Orchestra performing one of our songs, as reimagined by composer/arranger Wojtek Lemański,” the band says in a unified statement. “Their flawless execution of a highly challenging arrangement (which was startlingly inventive and yet remained entirely faithful to the spirit of the original composition!) inspired us to reach out and propose a collaboration.”

The Aristocrats conclude thusly: “We’re truly proud of the way this project turned out… and we’re profoundly grateful that serendipity somehow brought us all together for this collaboration. Enjoy!”

Sounds good, might have to get this one even though it's just orchestral arrangements of their previously released material.

-Marc.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
From the band’s Facebook page:

THE ARISTOCRATS WITH PRIMUZ CHAMBER ORCHESTRA - COMING ON JUNE 3RD!

Check out the visualizer video and preview the album track 'The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde'. Pre-orders are available now at various outlets here: https://linktr.ee/AristocratsBand

This new album reveals a lush and lavish musical reimagination and sonic reinvention of compositions from throughout the band’s catalog.

“This project began when we randomly stumbled upon a YouTube video of Poland’s Primuz Chamber Orchestra performing one of our songs, as reimagined by composer/arranger Wojtek Lemański,” the band says in a unified statement. “Their flawless execution of a highly challenging arrangement (which was startlingly inventive and yet remained entirely faithful to the spirit of the original composition!) inspired us to reach out and propose a collaboration.”

The Aristocrats conclude thusly: “We’re truly proud of the way this project turned out… and we’re profoundly grateful that serendipity somehow brought us all together for this collaboration. Enjoy!”

Sounds good, might have to get this one even though it's just orchestral arrangements of their previously released material.

-Marc.

Another one for the list...

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #191 on: August 11, 2022, 12:00:56 PM »
From TWITTER:

THE ARISTOCRATS LIVESTREAM CONCERT: There’s a 1st time for everything. We’re livestreaming our @acratsband show at Reggie’s in Chicago at 9:00pm CST on Aug 20 2022. 

Purchasers can stream it from live show up to 24 hrs later, for global viewing.

TIX: zuma.live/event/53

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #192 on: August 11, 2022, 01:03:53 PM »
I missed an Aristocrats show to attend Nick's wedding.

I guess it was worth it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #193 on: August 11, 2022, 02:36:42 PM »

I guess it was worth it.

It was one hell of a show Hef, I also had some of the best nachos post show too, all in all a great evening but I'm sure the wedding as an absolute blast.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #194 on: August 12, 2022, 07:50:28 AM »

I guess it was worth it.

It was one hell of a show Hef, I also had some of the best nachos post show too, all in all a great evening but I'm sure the wedding as an absolute blast.
:tup
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #195 on: August 12, 2022, 10:06:05 AM »
Got my tix for this one...on our birthday no less Hef.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #196 on: August 12, 2022, 01:57:05 PM »
Got my tix for this one...on our birthday no less Hef.
Nice! Enjoy!

Online The Letter M

« Reply #197 on: January 23, 2023, 04:00:55 PM »
Marco just shared a video of him hitting a gong, with the text that tracking for the new Aristocrats album has been completed. Looks like we will be getting album number five this year!

-Marc.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #198 on: January 23, 2023, 07:38:16 PM »
Marco just shared a video of him hitting a gong, with the text that tracking for the new Aristocrats album has been completed. Looks like we will be getting album number five this year!

-Marc.

Great news! I still haven't properly checked their latest, but will have to do pretty soon in preparation for the next :metal
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Online The Letter M

« Reply #199 on: November 14, 2023, 01:17:17 PM »
NEW ALBUM RELEASE PROMO TOUR: Hey all, BB speaking for the band. We’re excited to announce our new album is DONE, and it will drop on February 16, 2024. We’re also going to do a short 5-city tour of the USA West Coast to celebrate the release. Much more is yet to be revealed, so stay tuned. For now, see excerpts from the press release below. We can’t wait to share this new CONCEPT album with you! —The Aristocrats

RENOWNED ROCK-FUSION TRIO THE ARISTOCRATS TO RELEASE FIRST NEW STUDIO ALBUM IN FIVE YEARS FEBRUARY 16TH, 2024

SELECT UNITED STATES WEST COAST TOUR DATES CONFIRMED AROUND ALBUM RELEASE

Renowned rock-fusion trio The Aristocrats have completed their first new studio album in five years. Due out on February 16th, 2024, the trademark Aristocratic musical mayhem is rowdier than ever, but the band’s fifth studio album is truly like nothing else in their catalogue. More will be revealed about the title, artwork, and concept (yes, concept!) of the album in the coming weeks.

Of the new album, The Aristocrats issued a joint statement, “It’s been wonderful getting back out on stages across the world and seeing our fans once again, but we’re even more excited to share our new album with them. We’ve worked harder and longer on this production than on any of our previous releases, and it’s an absolutely wild and wacky musical story that we look forward to telling…It should be a blast!”

Coinciding with the release of the new album, The Aristocrats will headline select dates on the West Coast of the United States. Please see below for the itinerary. 

The Aristocrats United States West Coast tour dates – February, 2024:

FEBRUARY
16 Seattle, WA - The Triple Door
17 Portland, OR - Mississippi Studios
19 Redding, CA - The Dip
22 Mill Valley, CA - Sweetwater Music Hall
23 Los Angeles, CA - The Echo

(tickets go on sale FRIDAY - ticket links at the band website TOURS page at
THE dash ARISTOCRATS dash BAND dot com)

(press inquiries: Carise Yatter at Hired Gun Media - cyatter AT gmail dot com, or Facebook Hired Gun Media)

Looks like a new album is being revealed next month, with a February 16th release date!

-Marc.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #200 on: November 16, 2023, 04:43:11 PM »
Waiting for East Coast dates.....

Online The Letter M

« Reply #201 on: December 06, 2023, 08:12:09 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=925323212291840&set=a.206617597495742&type=3&mibextid=Nif5oz

DUCK.

That’s the name of our fifth studio album, coming out on February 16. There’s the big news. And there’s a story to it and everything. Plus some fancy new artwork.

Pre-orders will start in early January. There will be a standard CD, a “DUCK Deluxe”, and DUCK vinyl. We’ll be playing lots of tunes from DUCK on the USA West Coast mini-tour to celebrate the release. It’s all very exciting. :-)

You can read more about it in the press release below.

Thank you again for your support on the DEFROST tour while we worked hard to finish this new music for you!

Cheers to all,
The Aristocrats

Renowned rock-fusion trio The Aristocrats are excited to reveal the album title and concept of their first studio album in five years: DUCK will be available in both standard and deluxe edition formats as well as vinyl on February 16th, 2024. The new concept album will be released via BOING Music, distributed via Hostile City Distro/MVD in North America. The trademark Aristocratic musical mayhem is rowdier than ever, but the band’s fifth studio album is truly like nothing else in their catalogue. DUCK is mixed by Forrester Savell (Twelve Foot Ninja, Dead Letter Circus, The Butterfly Effect) and contains original character artwork by film animator Lance Myers (Space Jam, Anastasia, Quest For Camelot).

Of the inspiration for DUCK, The Aristocrats collectively explained, “It is the story of a web-footed Antarctic Island native fleeing a penguin policeman all the way to New York City… where considerable misadventure and danger await.” Of its genesis, they elaborated, “We’ve always been writing with a storytelling aspect in mind, and our live shows always include our stories behind the songs… But the stories had mainly been about us. Then Marco came into the studio with a song about a duck, and we all looked at each other and said, ‘What if all of stories for the songs on this album… happened to a duck? What’s that story about?’ And suddenly we had a concept album on our hands.”

DUCK will be available in both standard and deluxe editions. The standard edition features the original CD, whilst the deluxe edition contains the original CD along with a USB DUCK drive with behind-the-scenes footage, demos and more, a DUCK pass laminate with QR code for bonus features and a custom Aristocrats-branded lanyard. DUCK will also be available in 180-gram double vinyl.

Coinciding with the release of DUCK, The Aristocrats will headline select dates on the West Coast of the United States. Please see below for the itinerary (click the link in the comments to purchase tickets.)

FEBRUARY
16 - Seattle, WA - The Triple Door
17 - Portland, OR - Mississippi Studios
19 - Redding, CA - The Dip
22 - Mill Valley, CA - Sweetwater Music Hall
24 - Los Angeles, CA - The Echo

This looks fun and exciting!

-Marc.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #202 on: December 06, 2023, 09:50:06 AM »
They are always great, with ducks and all :laugh:
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #203 on: December 06, 2023, 10:09:04 AM »
That's so random :lol but will definitely get this when it's out.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #204 on: December 06, 2023, 11:06:25 AM »
"Darkwing Duck....Let's get dangerous"

That's what the cover reminds me of.  :lol

Offline devieira73

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #206 on: January 08, 2024, 11:38:52 AM »
 :metal

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #207 on: January 08, 2024, 02:16:19 PM »
I'm pretty hyped to hear this new album. Love the studio version of this song.

Offline devieira73

« Reply #208 on: January 08, 2024, 04:06:56 PM »
So, they were already playing it live in 2023? I didn't know that until now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VbD6LZpfHE
They were playing also Sgt. Rockhopper.  :tup

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #209 on: February 19, 2024, 01:41:02 AM »
So apparently the album has been out a few days but I can't find any reviews?