Author Topic: 2011-10-15 - The Palace - Albany, NY  (Read 7389 times)

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
Re: 2011-10-15 - The Palace - Albany, NY
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2011, 01:46:46 PM »
Can't wait to see both bands tonight!

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2011, 09:54:47 AM »
Damn, that was great. Like I said, it was my first concert, so I have nothing to compare to, but really that was something. There was just so much *power* there in the sound, even in songs that I normally don't even like very much like Caught in a Web. I think my favorite performance was Fatal Tragedy.

My complaints were that JM was only sorta kinda audible, and JLB could have been a bit clearer sometimes. I noticed nothing at all wrong with his pitch, which had been a slight concern for me; on the contrary he sounded excellent. Also, the animation they played at the beginning, during the Inception music, was awesome.

I second that JLB was absolutely tip-top, but the guitar and drums were SO FRIGGIN loud you could scarcely hear him at times. Great show, but I was really bummed that I missed out on TGD. Also, sad to say the place was far from sold out.

Offline ddtonfire

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2011, 11:30:05 AM »
I also want to say that seeing MM live with DT for the first time removed any doubt in my mind that they made the absolutely correct choice.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2011, 12:29:58 PM »
It sounds like the same sound issues at the Moore theater in Seattle. The Band was great and on fire, but I wanted to choke the sound guy the first three songs. They sounded absolutely perfect at the Progressive nation tour in Seattle, I wonder if they have a different guy running sound that favors loudness over clarity. On this tour, James and John myung were too low in the mix. I think the main issue was the EQ on the kick drums. Whenever MM did double bass parts, it sounded like a deep annoying humm or feedback rather than a nice tight bass drum sound.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP