Author Topic: Any methods to deal with/avoid sleep paralysis?  (Read 5289 times)

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
Re: Any methods to deal with/avoid sleep paralysis?
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2011, 01:47:50 AM »
If wasn't in one of my Paralysis/suffocation dreams, but once, I dreamed I had sex with a girl.

Was a really nice dream, but a bit if a bummer when I woke up. 

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2011, 01:54:44 AM »
Cup, a lot of your posts lately have been bordering on TMI. Just letting you know.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2011, 02:00:24 AM »
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised; it happens IRL at school, too, which is par of why I'm not too good with social interaction.  Doesn't make me feel sad, but is probably an issue.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2011, 04:16:23 AM »
If wasn't in one of my Paralysis/suffocation dreams, but once, I dreamed I had sex with a girl.

Was a really nice dream, but a bit if a bummer when I woke up. 

hey man who hasn't

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2011, 02:57:04 AM »
Just an update: it's pretty much gone away now, only a few instances every once in a while, and the breathing exercises worked wonders to help control those a lot (thanks BF!) :)
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline adameastment

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2011, 06:11:09 AM »
Lately I've been having absolutely horrifying sleep paralysis, pretty much every night or every other night for the last two weeks or so. All kinds of really bizarre dreams/nightmares/hallucinations, I'll shake myself awake and get up only to wake up again in bed and realize it was still a dream (this can happen several times in a row before I actually wake up), and just a general feeling of absolute terror, even when I'm just dreaming of a seagull (this happened last night).

Maybe worst of all is this consistent feeling that I'm about to throw up, but I still can't move. Like, I can hear myself gurgling and taste bile coming up, and finally I'll force it down and get myself awake, and the taste and nausea immediately disappears.

So, any experiences/advice/etc?

You mean... You're having a dream within a dream?