Author Topic: Today's PSA  (Read 1460 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Today's PSA
« on: August 06, 2011, 11:47:23 AM »
If you go to a place like Quiznos, Subway, etc., and you have an order for like five or six people, and you wait till you get there to order them all, thus making everyone behind you wait all day for you since there is only one line, instead of calling them in ahead of time, you are a jackass. >:( >:( >:(

That is all.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Today's PSA
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 11:51:26 AM »
What's better is when they pay for each one of the separately.  One of the consequences of nobody ever using real money any more is that nobody can split a check properly.  I've been behind people trying to sort out 8 orders with 8 credit cards.  Sun-cannon test subjects if you ask me.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 01:30:02 PM »
Sun-cannon test subjects if you ask me.

My legacy has been cemented!

I'll toss in people who have no idea what they want, but don't step aside while they decide.  Not knowing what you want is fine, but don't make others wait as well.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 01:35:35 PM »
Sun-cannon test subjects if you ask me.

My legacy has been cemented!

I'll toss in people who have no idea what they want, but don't step aside while they decide.  Not knowing what you want is fine, but don't make others wait as well.
So true. Your paying for it, get what you want. If your gonna make me wait, better slip me a buck too.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 01:37:17 PM »
Damnit you guys, now I want Subway.  That aside, I used to work at Subway and god people are fucking idiots, and I hated those people who ordered 4-5 subs by themselves.  I was always okay with a group, since each person would get their sandwich ordered under the same bill, but the rogue person with a list I hated.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 01:43:40 PM »
Afternoon thread. I'm off to go jam with some good friends of mine, but I shall be back later today. Good day to you all.

EDIT: I had no idea that I posted this in here. I was wondering where it went. Sorry for the inconvenience.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 11:14:19 AM by PuffyPat »
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline TL

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 03:00:28 PM »
What's better is when they pay for each one of the separately.  One of the consequences of nobody ever using real money any more is that nobody can split a check properly.  I've been behind people trying to sort out 8 orders with 8 credit cards.  Sun-cannon test subjects if you ask me.
Things like group food orders are actually exactly why I usually make a point of having some cash on me.

Offline Blazinarps

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 04:43:28 PM »
They pay the same amount per sub that you do. They take as much time per order as individuals would.  Give yourself more time next go around and SMILE!

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 05:02:08 PM »
They pay the same amount per sub that you do. They take as much time per order as individuals would.  Give yourself more time next go around and SMILE!

But the point is that it is something that could save time by calling ahead. I used to work at Boston Market, and every once in a while these corporate executive douche bags would come in and place insanely huge orders that they wanted right then and there. Kinda like Subway where it takes some actual time to get the food ready. As a manager, I would tell these guys to call ahead to save themselves time, to help us get their food to them and be prepared and not hold up a line of 12-15 people. But they never did that and they would end up waiting 15-20 minutes for their order because of the amount of food they would order and how much time that sort of food takes to fully get ready. People behind guys who did that would then get irritated because we only have one register and punching in that order takes time as well. Also, by surprising us with such a big order, we ran the chance of holding up certain food items to have readily available for other customers since the sort of food we made wasn't a simple "put in microwave and nuke it" recipe. Shit took some time and care, no matter how much prep you did beforehand.

/rant

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 07:43:33 AM »
Fact of the matter is that Subway isn't fast food at all. Not in quality (it's obviously better), nor in delivery (it can't be fast), nature of the subway beast is that even at the best of times you're going to wait.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 10:47:58 AM »
Back to this rant.  The meeting I was in went well past noon, which means the Subway next door will have a line a mile long.  If you get there about 10 minutes before noon, you're golden.  So I'm waiting in a line a mile long, then the lady in front of me orders 4 subs for her office.  Ugh.  Irritating!

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 11:07:03 AM »
I sincerely apologize if any female members take this as any kind of sexism because I can't think of a more sensitive way to phrase this. Why is it that female office workers (generally past the age of 35) refuse to ever pay for food in any environment as one entity. In my nearly decade of waiting tables I've seen countless occasions where even if the bill is around $10, both women will HAVE TO break out credit cards. What's worse is the domineering asshole types that try to stop their more understanding friend from paying for the whole bill which, god forbid, would save my ass a little time. Jeez, they'd rather make a complete buffoon of themselves in front of a stranger (me) by childishly getting in some kind of standoff with their sensible friend as opposed to having their friend who's known them for years suddenly think they're the cheapest scoundrel on earth just because she got a free scone and latté off of them  :tdwn
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »
This is also annoying in fast food drive-throughs. If I'm in the car with a group of friends, nothing is on a separate order. I pay for everyone's with my card and then my friends pay me back in cash later. I'll be damned if I make the people behind me wait while they sort out everyone's individual payment.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 12:24:46 PM »
This is also annoying in fast food drive-throughs. If I'm in the car with a group of friends, nothing is on a separate order. I pay for everyone's with my card and then my friends pay me back in cash later. I'll be damned if I make the people behind me wait while they sort out everyone's individual payment.
:metal

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 01:20:39 PM »
This is why when my buddy and I go to a fast food place... we just let one of us buy, and then the next time the next person buys... it goes back and forth. we usually get the same freaking meal anyway... so its even. lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 10:50:01 AM »
I sincerely apologize if any female members take this as any kind of sexism because I can't think of a more sensitive way to phrase this. Why is it that female office workers (generally past the age of 35) refuse to ever pay for food in any environment as one entity. In my nearly decade of waiting tables I've seen countless occasions where even if the bill is around $10, both women will HAVE TO break out credit cards. What's worse is the domineering asshole types that try to stop their more understanding friend from paying for the whole bill which, god forbid, would save my ass a little time. Jeez, they'd rather make a complete buffoon of themselves in front of a stranger (me) by childishly getting in some kind of standoff with their sensible friend as opposed to having their friend who's known them for years suddenly think they're the cheapest scoundrel on earth just because she got a free scone and latté off of them  :tdwn

I second this.  The worst is at a bar.  The bartender will be busy as hell, three girls order the same three frozen drinks, and then insist on paying for them all separately on credit or debit cards.  I guess this is the drawback to debit cards, as a lot of people don't carry cash on them, so the girls probably figure it is just easier to pay individually, especially if two of them don't have the cash to give to the one who is paying for them all on her card.  Still annoying as hell, though. 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 12:09:05 PM »
Especially since they're probably going to drink 3 rounds anyway.  ALTERNATE, BITCHES!

Restaurants are apparently a different story.  I asked my step broth, a career waiter, about it and he doesn't care if it's split over 6 people or all together.  POS handles the tricky part--no problem for him.  If anything,  each person leaving their own tip probably helps him out a bit. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

• DT.net Member
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 12:27:34 PM »
Especially since they're probably going to drink 3 rounds anyway.  ALTERNATE, BITCHES!

Restaurants are apparently a different story.  I asked my step broth, a career waiter, about it and he doesn't care if it's split over 6 people or all together.  POS handles the tricky part--no problem for him.  If anything,  each person leaving their own tip probably helps him out a bit. 

It's a crap shoot. You'd be surprised how many times I've overheard these stingy degenerate types say stuff like "look he already has $__ for a tip, I'm just leaving $1.00" as if it's their god-given responsibility to ensure I don't get over-tipped.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 01:18:59 PM »
I always tip quite well, I think. Maybe 30% on average and 35-40% if I can afford it. My dad says I'm just throwing money away, but I like to think it evens out for all those people who are as stingy as possible.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

• DT.net Member
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2011, 01:26:15 PM »
I always tip quite well, I think. Maybe 30% on average and 35-40% if I can afford it. My dad says I'm just throwing money away, but I like to think it evens out for all those people who are as stingy as possible.

People like you are what helps servers who dread going to work sometimes make it through those really bad shifts. I just hate it when some people think that 20% is the ABSOLUTE ceiling regardless of how much they ran you and how well beyond the call of duty you went to ensure they had a fantastic time. Those same idiots don't seem to be unhypocritical enough to believe in a 15% "floor" and will think nothing of going 5-10% if their cheap ass somehow feels "justified."

You sir are awesome.