Author Topic: Album of the Year 1989 - 2nd round  (Read 3349 times)

Offline The Dark Master

• Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Re: Album of the Year 1989 - 2nd round
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2011, 12:34:07 PM »
I might murder a small child if DT wins this. What the fuck people? That album is terrible.

Whaaaat?!  That album is amazing!  Lots of killer tracks done old-school 80's prog metal style on that record.  Pretty much every single song on there is a classic to me.  I absolutely love that record.

Still, it doesn't quite win album of the year; Savatage pretty much owned everyone for free in 1989 with Gutter Ballet.  :P

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2011, 01:12:03 PM »
I'm completely mortified that Morbid Angel didn't make the cut, Altars of Madness is one of the best Death metal albums ever. :L

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2011, 08:05:30 AM »
Can't believe I forgot to throw a shout out honorable mention to Winter Rose!!!!!  JLB with Glam Rock is pure bliss.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Ħ

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2011, 08:51:20 AM »
Can't believe I forgot to throw a shout out honorable mention to Winter Rose!!!!!  JLB with Glam Rock is pure bliss.
Definitely.  I was actually thinking about WR last night!
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline showdonttell

• So energy! Powah!
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2011, 04:33:00 PM »
Rush - Presto
https://www.last.fm/user/kokocijo

So, I'm chasing these doves down the street and she's screaming at the top of her lungs, and then when the magician comes back from Europe, two of them turned brown!  Well I followed the instructions!