Author Topic: 2011-10-02 - Rosemont Theatre - Chicago, IL  (Read 30748 times)

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
Re: 2011-10-02 - Rosemont Theatre - Chicago, IL
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2011, 06:32:45 PM »
Trivium is playing Chicago and Royal Oak. That is 100% certain.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline jyoung320

• Trapped inside this OCTOQUARIUM! (Misheard lyrics)
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2011, 06:57:17 PM »
I'm excited to see Trivium. Glad that they don't have a bad opening act this time around.

Trivium won't be at Chicago or Michigan the next night.
Could you tell me what seat you're in? I want to see the look on your face when Trivium goes on.

:corn

2 October 2011   Chicago   Rosemont Theatre [A]
3 October 2011   Royal Oak   Royal Oak Music Theatre[A]

A. ^ The noted events are without Trivium.

If they are there, it will be a surprise. Their site says every date but the official dates on DT.net say they are without them those shows.

I'll be on the first floor. 23 rows back. Look for the dude in the wheelchair. I'll shake your hand.

Sun   Oct 02, 2011    Chicago, IL    Rosemont Theatre   
Mon   Oct 03, 2011    Royal Oak, MI    Royal Oak Music Theatre (From DT.net)
https://www.trivium.org/tourdates

Trivium has the second listed, and it also has Royal Oak and Salt Lake City listed, which seem to contradict the Wikipedia article you quoted.

Trivium'll be there. This isn't some great victory, either. I WISH you were right and that they'd get a some actual proggers to open for them. But I'm bracing for the worst case scenario.

:facepalm:

Do you not read? DT.net says without Trivium. Even though I pointed out word for word, "If they are there, it will be a surprise. Their site [Trivium] says every date but the official dates on DT.net say they are without them those shows."

Offline jyoung320

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2011, 06:59:21 PM »

I'm not going to continue to argue, but DT.net says Trivium isn't playing those shows. it is DT's tour after all, I would hope they know who is opening for their band.  :lol

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2011, 07:02:18 PM »

I'm not going to continue to argue, but DT.net says Trivium isn't playing those shows. I don't care what Trivium says, it is DT's tour I would assume they know who is opening for their band.
Exactly where does it say on DT.net that that show is without Trivium? I see that the listings for the Chicago and Royal Oaks show don't contain the "with Trivium" modifier, but that doesn't equate to "without Trivium".

Offline jyoung320

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2011, 07:05:53 PM »

I'm not going to continue to argue, but DT.net says Trivium isn't playing those shows. I don't care what Trivium says, it is DT's tour I would assume they know who is opening for their band.
Exactly where does it say on DT.net that that show is without Trivium? I see that the listings for the Chicago and Royal Oaks show don't contain the "with Trivium" modifier, but that doesn't equate to "without Trivium".

Yes, because the ones with them say, "With Trivium". Same with Salt Lake City, Philly, Washington D.C. and Atlanta, The three Florida dates and Dallas. But, if something has changed and no one has updated anything and no new news has been spoken of it, i'm sticking to those assumed facts.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 07:12:57 PM by jyoung320 »

Offline theseoafs

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2011, 07:19:49 PM »

Yes, because the ones with them say, "With Trivium". Same with Salt Lake City, Philly, Washington D.C. and Atlanta, The three Florida dates and Dallas. But, if something has changed and no one has updated anything and no new news has been spoken of it, i'm sticking to those assumed facts.
Look here. https://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=161416

The dates listed here are the first dates that were released; if you remember, they were sort of released in two waves, with the remaining dates being released at a later time (for whatever reason). You'll notice that all the dates which were initially released have the tag "with Trivium" and all those that were released later don't have it. I personally find it much more likely that whoever posted these second dates on the DT.net website simply neglected to put on them the "with Trivium" tag that were on the earlier dates than that whoever posted the tour dates on Trivium's website posted 10+ dates that they weren't actually playing. Don't you?

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2011, 07:58:57 PM »
Whoever posted the dates was too lazy to add the "With Trivium" to the second wave and all dates since then. Trivium and the venues both confirm that Trivium will be playing. Like someone said before, just because a whole 'wave' of tour dates don't have the "With Trivium" marker doesn't mean 'without Trivium.' And considering Itchy (who runs DT.net) doesn't necessarily keep things 100% correct on the site at all times, this doesn't really surprise me.

Offline jyoung320

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2011, 09:43:01 PM »

Look here. https://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=161416

The dates listed here are the first dates that were released; if you remember, they were sort of released in two waves, with the remaining dates being released at a later time (for whatever reason). You'll notice that all the dates which were initially released have the tag "with Trivium" and all those that were released later don't have it. I personally find it much more likely that whoever posted these second dates on the DT.net website simply neglected to put on them the "with Trivium" tag that were on the earlier dates than that whoever posted the tour dates on Trivium's website posted 10+ dates that they weren't actually playing. Don't you?

FWIW Royal Oak still said No Trivium on that link. If they are there it will be cool, but I can remember hearing they couldn't make it for that date.

Offline jeebustrain

• King of Disappointment
  • EZBoard Elder
  • suck it
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2011, 10:43:25 AM »
I'll be there! Driving up from St Louis.

First DT show since the Octavarium tour (which I also saw in Chicago). I can't wait. Bring on the Mangini! First time seeing him since Steve Vai about 12 years ago!

Offline MetalJens

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2011, 10:12:37 PM »
I'll be there!  ;D

My first DT concert in the U.S., and I'm going for the full package (meet & greet). Anyone else in here with M&G ticket?

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2011, 01:54:46 PM »
I'll be there!  :)
No idea how I will get back. But who cares? As long as I see them playing ADTOE songs, it's all good...
Crossing bridges in the sky.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2011, 02:04:07 PM »
I'm going, but still waiting on a few friends to decide if they're going so we can get tickets together.

Does anyone know if there is an option to hold tickets at will call at the venue? My friends and I are driving from Columbus, OH to see this show and at this point I don't know if we can get the tickets mailed to us in time.

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2011, 07:01:39 PM »
I'm going, but still waiting on a few friends to decide if they're going so we can get tickets together.

Does anyone know if there is an option to hold tickets at will call at the venue? My friends and I are driving from Columbus, OH to see this show and at this point I don't know if we can get the tickets mailed to us in time.
You can pay $2.99 additional and receive an electronic PDF of the ticket, so all you have to do is print and show the barcode on that printed copy the day of the concert.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2011, 10:11:56 PM »

You can pay $2.99 additional and receive an electronic PDF of the ticket, so all you have to do is print and show the barcode on that printed copy the day of the concert.
I may do that. If there is a will call option, I will definitely want to save myself $2.99, but that's reasonable. Thank you!

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2011, 04:28:58 PM »
I'll be there!  ;D

My first DT concert in the U.S., and I'm going for the full package (meet & greet). Anyone else in here with M&G ticket?

Yup...I splurged because the new lineup/album is so amazing I needed to tell them in person.

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2011, 11:40:10 AM »
Just bought my tickets this last Sunday.  The venue really looks great.  Has anyone else be there before?  What do you think of it?

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2011, 12:00:55 PM »
The Rosemont Theatre is awesome.  It's big enough to be a decent concert venue with great acoustics, but small enough to still feel rather intimate.  There are no bad seats.  Even in the back of the balcony, you're still not that far away, and you can see fine.  It's also a rather fancy place.  Wood paneling on the walls, carpeted lobby, heavy doors.  Rosemont is one of the "nice" Chicago suburbs, and this venue is smack in the middle of it.

Offline Marion Crane

• Smile, you're on MurderTV.
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2011, 12:04:08 PM »
Just bought my tickets this last Sunday.  The venue really looks great.  Has anyone else be there before?  What do you think of it?

Great venue. 

Offline theseoafs

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2011, 12:32:30 PM »
I'll be there.

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2011, 02:47:36 PM »
I tried to get the M&G package but they were sold out.  Maybe we could do our own M&G for DTF members.  What if the people that got the package could sneak in a couple of items for us to get autographs?

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2011, 01:53:28 AM »
This is gonna be awesome, my 6th DT show! Rosemont Theatre is only 15 minutes from my house.......and Orbert, I'm sorry but you are wrong, there are bad seats. All the way against the wall, and because of the shape of the theatre, you see no backdrop or screen.  :tdwn

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2011, 06:38:15 PM »
Going to purchase my tickets tonight. Hopefully they have that 'print your tickets at home' option because the concert is only a week away!

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2011, 10:22:43 PM »
Kind of a stupid question but, since this is my first show in the US, I'm wondering what kinds of documents (if any at all) do I need to show in the entrance (Aside from ticket)? Just any kind of ID with your picture? Btw, this is gonna rock, the videos on YT show they really stepped up and invested a lot on the production and lighting.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2011, 10:32:49 PM »
Kind of a stupid question but, since this is my first show in the US, I'm wondering what kinds of documents (if any at all) do I need to show in the entrance (Aside from ticket)? Just any kind of ID with your picture? Btw, this is gonna rock, the videos on YT show they really stepped up and invested a lot on the production and lighting.
I've just always needed a ticket, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a picture ID as well, especially if you plan on drinking.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2011, 06:10:46 AM »
So is anybody going to arrange a meetup before the show? 

Offline Rafael Guerra

• DTF.org member
  • Personal Text.
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2011, 07:42:33 AM »
I've just always needed a ticket, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a picture ID as well, especially if you plan on drinking.
Cool, thanks!

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2011, 03:28:05 PM »
I got my tickets. Myself and two friends of mine are going.

Section 202, Row A, Seats 1-3 (Balcony first row! Woo!)

We'll be making the 7 hour drive from Columbus, OH to Chicago.

Offline Blazinarps

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2011, 06:45:10 PM »
Results.. You going to the Detroit show also? I'm from Ohio too (Bowling Green), and I'll be at the m&g in Detroit.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2011, 06:46:00 PM »
Results.. You going to the Detroit show also? I'm from Ohio too (Bowling Green), and I'll be at the m&g in Detroit.
Nope, just Chicago for me. I have classes at OSU on Monday, so that ruined my chances for Detroit. I originally wanted to go to Detroit before I figured out it was on Monday.

Offline gilpdawg

« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2011, 10:16:38 PM »
I got my tickets. Myself and two friends of mine are going.

Section 202, Row A, Seats 1-3 (Balcony first row! Woo!)

We'll be making the 7 hour drive from Columbus, OH to Chicago.
Myself and a buddy are making the drive from west of Dayton.

Offline ThroughHerEyesDude6

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2011, 03:57:12 AM »
I highly recommend that is anyone wants to have a meet and greet. There's an IHOP only five minutes away from the venue. How do I know this?  :biggrin: Glad you asked...I WORK THERE. I even asked for the day off, and I don't give a fuck if I walk in when it's jam packed and understaffed, it's fucking DREAM THEATER!

The IHOP is near the intersection of Mannheim and Touhy near some railroad tracks and the Allstate Arena due north.

Also, I'm going with FTBD7.
o/

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2011, 05:48:19 AM »
Is there any good places to eat in downtown Chicago (or surrounding areas) that I must check out? I'm leaving at 9am EST from Ohio and we should be Chicago by 3pm Central. That means i'll have 4 hours to kill! Give me food/store suggestions to check out (and their general location in Chicago and address if possible!).

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2011, 10:03:21 PM »
There is a strip in Bucktown/Wicker Park along Milwaukee Avenue that has a ton of great places. It's northwest of the loop in Chicago and can be reached via the Metra blue line. It also has records shops, book stores, novelty shops and art galleries. The general location is at this link.

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=flat+iron+building+chicago&fb=1&gl=us&hq=flat+iron+building&hnear=0x880e2c3cd0f4cbed:0xafe0a6ad09c0c000,Chicago,+IL&cid=0,0,17530185254793348251&ei=xz6FTp-6B8PY0QGPm7yhCQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CAQQ_BI

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2011, 10:32:45 PM »
There is a strip in Bucktown/Wicker Park along Milwaukee Avenue that has a ton of great places. It's northwest of the loop in Chicago and can be reached via the Metra blue line. It also has records shops, book stores, novelty shops and art galleries. The general location is at this link.

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=flat+iron+building+chicago&fb=1&gl=us&hq=flat+iron+building&hnear=0x880e2c3cd0f4cbed:0xafe0a6ad09c0c000,Chicago,+IL&cid=0,0,17530185254793348251&ei=xz6FTp-6B8PY0QGPm7yhCQ&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CAQQ_BI
Thank you very much. Is there good parking? My friends and I are driving and won't be able to use the Metra blue line.

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2011, 11:06:57 PM »
I recommend using a side street. Parking on any of the major streets is a nightmare. Just remember the name of the street and you'll be fine. They don't tow.