General > General Discussion

Great grandmother may be in the hospital for the last time

(1/4) > >>

VioletS16:
I'm really sad right now. She's 93 and her birthday is in a week.
We've been on the edge of our seats (if you know what I mean) for about a year now. She's been through a lot of intense, extreme changes and injuries over the last few months and now she has a urinary tract infection. These following weeks may be her last :( :( :( :(

She's been through a lot with me and has always been loving and supportive of me, but for some reason, I don't feel like I'll be all that overly sad. Inside she has already died long ago. She barely remembers our names. But it'll still be hard to see the rest of it leave.

Tripp:
First off, my condolences.

I went through the same thing many years ago, it's tough to see someone you've known for your entire life go like that. If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure she's lived a good life, 93 years is a long time. You'll get through this, I'm sure of it.

VioletS16:

--- Quote from: Tripp on August 05, 2011, 06:36:55 PM ---First off, my condolences.

I went through the same thing many years ago, it's tough to see someone you've known for your entire life go like that. If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure she's lived a good life, 93 years is a long time. You'll get through this, I'm sure of it.

--- End quote ---
Yes, she has. And yes, I will get through it. She's lived a long time and she's not even totally on the planet. She has dementia. She's had breast cancer, a heart attack, numerous falls and broken bones, a severe broken hip, now the urinary tract infection, etc etc. She caused my grandmother huge amounts of stress--my grandmother can't even tolerate her anymore. It's wearing her down. It's going to be hard when she dies but I know my grandmother will have a huge amount of stress lifted from her and will be much healthier.

bout to crash:
Damn. Sorry, your family is in my thoughts... it's hard, but it can be a huge relief too. I have seen that a lot.. in fact, I attended a death for work tonight and the woman's daughter kept saying how glad she was because her mom wasn't suffering anymore after ten years of battling breast cancer.

bss4life15:
I went through this same thing this year, both of my great-grandmothers died in this past year.  You have my deepest condolences and she is in my thoughts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version