Poll

Will you keep tabs on the setlist before you see DT or do you wanna be surprised?

I will be glued to the interwebz
33 (49.3%)
Hell No! I don't want to ruin it for me!
5 (7.5%)
It doesnt matter... DTF will ruin it for me and It's not like I'm NOT going to be on here... lol
15 (22.4%)
I really dont care
8 (11.9%)
I'm not going to see them so who cares?
6 (9%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Will You check the setlist during this tour?  (Read 2333 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Will You check the setlist during this tour?
« on: August 04, 2011, 12:20:14 PM »
Since the LA show is only the second on the tour, checking the setlist may not make a difference before the show... But I am still torn... do I keep it a complete surprise? Either way I think DTF will ruin it for me :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Ħ

Re: Will You check the setlist during this tour?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 12:41:30 PM »
I'm seeing them in SF, so...
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Elaitch

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 12:46:14 PM »
I won't see them, considering it's only a North American tour, and I live in Sweden... however, if they were coming here and I was about to see them, I don't think it would matter to me if I knew about the setlist or not.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 12:48:34 PM »
I think I'll avoid it. I believe my show will be the 3rd one so shouldn't be hard. Seeing them on their first one-off headlining show on their tour w/ Maiden last year was great not fully knowing what was coming.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline tgstk2

• Surmount Brutal Dutch Metal
  • PanterA
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 02:44:06 PM »
As MM said it the interview they are not gonna change the setlist that much when they are on tour.
Just because once they have decided what the setlist is, they want to bring to every venue they go (maybe a change in the encore but not the regular setlist).

And all of DT wher on the same page is said.....so there's no use in checking the setlist every day i guess.
somehow i do have the feeling since today is the last day of there current tour , they will do something special they haven't done yet....
Als je dit vertaald hebt kom je erachter dat je weer een minuut van je leven hebt verspild

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 02:44:12 PM »
Seeing them in LA, but will not have access to the web that weekend, so I guess it will be a surprise.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 03:29:31 PM »
Back when they swivelled it around all the time, I was all over the setlists like a rash, I want that rush when they start to play that song I love and never thought I'd get to see. I've never minded knowing that I might get something - although I actually caught Misunderstood the first time they ever played it on the BCSL tour, and that was even better - but knowing I will hear a song? Not for me.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 05:33:25 PM »
I don't have the will power not to look.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline c0mpt0n4ss

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 07:52:08 PM »
Realistically, over the past few tours, the setlists have not been radically different from city to city.

Offline jcmistat

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 02:25:11 PM »
Going to the first show in the North American tour soo I wouldn't be able to check the setlist, not that I would anyways. This is my first DT concert so I want a surprise. I wonder how many new songs they'll play.

Offline Scooterfruit

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 02:50:08 PM »
I'll be at the Vancouver show, so hopefully I can stay away from the setlists for 4 days.

I'll do my best!

Offline perfectchaos180

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 02:55:35 PM »
I don't think I am going to go unless it is a "can't miss" setlist

So I'll probably check

But seeing as ACoS probably won't be played I doubt it

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 02:58:38 PM »
Yeah, because I know I won't be able to avoid them.

But, what this also means is that I know what studio tracks to avoid listening to so they're fresh for the show.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Blazinarps

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 03:52:51 PM »
Yeah, because I know I won't be able to avoid them.

But, what this also means is that I know what studio tracks to avoid listening to so they're fresh for the show.

That's funny.....  I am actually going to go to the concert with my roommate, and I am going to find out the setlist and burn a copy of it onto a cd to listen to on the way there.

Offline EuropaEndlos

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 04:34:34 PM »
One of the things that I thought made DT interesting live, was the fact that they totally changed up the set lists night to night... The last two tours that has not been the case. 

I saw them for the Score DVD and would go October the 12th in NYC if I didn't have to get up at 530AM to teach... 

But I know they criticized Rush for not changing their setlists up ever (Rightfully so)!

Missed the "being excited" and "what are we going to hear tonight!"  For any artist... 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 06:06:47 PM »
Well, since we're the first date of the tour, it won't do me any good.  :lol  But, yeah, I guess I will be checking to see which few songs they alternate in and out.

I may post the set from the show as it plays, or I can text someone if they want me to.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 08:08:01 PM »
Well, since we're the first date of the tour, it won't do me any good.  :lol  But, yeah, I guess I will be checking to see which few songs they alternate in and out.

I may post the set from the show as it plays, or I can text someone if they want me to.
text me, though I have a new number now

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 08:37:21 PM »
Well, since I don't have it...
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 08:52:52 PM »
Sent like a bosk

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 10:41:16 PM »
My will is not so strong, but if DT could came to Poland for the first show of 2nd leg it would be nice  ;D

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 11:38:11 PM »
I never look at a setlist ahead of time unless I see it by accident. I won't be seeing them on this tour though so I'll watch for the setlists here.

Sent like a bosk

Glad to see you're trying to keep this alive. :tup
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.