Author Topic: 2011-09-27 - Moore Theatre - Seattle, WA  (Read 36732 times)

Offline Lloyd2112DT

Re: 2011-09-27 - Moore Theatre - Seattle, WA
« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2011, 08:26:44 PM »
Hmm, I recorded the acoustic set as well. I didn't upload it today because I thought the audio quality was terrible when I looked at it after the show last night. I guess I must've been half deaf after the concert or something, because I watched it again today and it sounds great.  :facepalm:

I guess I'll upload it tomorrow.

Man, I can't believe it's over, and I'll have to wait until the next time they tour to see them live again.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2011, 09:13:56 PM »
Glad you all had a great show.  :metal
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline Spiderman_00

« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2011, 10:28:18 PM »
My neck is still sore!!! But what a great fucking show!!! And now for my contribution to the pics... :metal

2011-09-27_20-46-21_449 by spiderman_dt, on Flickr

2011-09-27_20-53-40_636 by spiderman_dt, on Flickr

2011-09-27_20-50-23_664 by spiderman_dt, on Flickr

2011-09-27_20-58-55_411 by spiderman_dt, on Flickr

2011-09-27_20-54-07_157 by spiderman_dt, on Flickr

2011-09-27_21-19-31_299 by spiderman_dt, on Flickr

2011-09-27_21-18-21_318 by spiderman_dt, on Flickr

2011-09-27_21-22-13_337 by spiderman_dt, on Flickr

2011-09-27_21-50-48_318 by spiderman_dt, on Flickr

2011-09-27_22-41-20_961 by spiderman_dt, on Flickr

Me-and-JR by spiderman_dt, on Flickr

Me-and-Jp by spiderman_dt, on Flickr

Me-and-MM by spiderman_dt, on Flickr

Me-and-JLB by spiderman_dt, on Flickr

Me-and-JM by spiderman_dt, on Flickr

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2011, 12:01:17 AM »
Wow, You have pics with every DT member :)  :hefdaddy

Offline Hoppipolla

• Rise up, Be counted
  • Trapped inside this....
« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2011, 08:13:38 AM »
Wow man that's awesome. I wish I would have stuck around longer to get pictures with the rest of the guys, but I left with the intention of making it to work the next day. I think it was you that took the picture of Jordan and me right?

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2011, 08:44:19 AM »
Did you guys manage to get pictures with the DT guys after the show or before? I want to try to get pictures with a few of the guys at the Chicago show.  :biggrin:
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline ImagesAndWords

« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2011, 10:16:59 AM »
Hey guys,
It's my first time here on the forum, but I've been a Dream Theater fan since 2001 and seen them live once on every European tour since 2004.
I'm from Norway, so the past 4 times I saw them live in Oslo. Last year, I moved to the US though, and so this time I saw them for the first time on American soil, in Seattle on the 27th.

Anyway - the concert rocked! (of course). Here are my thoughts:

- I got a seat slightly off-center on the third row up on the 1st balcony. The theatre and its vaulted ceiling was beautiful, but it felt like a weird setting for a metal/rock concert, lol.
- I didn't care for Trivium but hey, I don't have to. I cannot believe some guys actually left after they were done. I'm like "hellooo....the greatest band on earth will be on soon, and you are leaving??" Lol...
- It felt REALLY strange to SIT at a rock concert, something I have never done before. Back in Norway, you always stand the whole entire show, and although your legs can get tired as hell - it just makes the audience more dynamic, and you can "rock out" more in the pit! Here, I felt like I was sitting at some opera and should be politely clapping like a gentleman, lol. So I felt the audience was a bit more on the reserved side than what I am used to. Back home, everybody goes wild, all fists pumping in the air and stuff. Granted, yes there was fist-pumping and the occasional stand-up here too, but not quite the same.
- The sound was also a bit disappointing, but this could have been because I had a balcony seat. At my previous DT concerts in Oslo, the sound was simply excellent. Like a cd just louder. Here at the Moore Theater, I thought it was too "grumbly" and distorted. James also had some mike/sound issues.
- Anyway, enough on that...the guys in the band were in AWESOME shape and like others have said, in a very good mood it seemed! :)
- James and John P. in particular made good contact with the audience at all times, smiled, and seemed playful
- Mike seems happy as can be and he really is the perfect replacement for Portnoy. Man, the guy can play!!
- It was strange that there was no pat-downs or security. Wish I would have known that I could have brought my SLR camera...
- The setlist was awesome.
- The performance was awesome.
- Dream Theater never fail to deliver.
- I love Dream Theater. :)

Thanks to Lloyd2112DT for the videos! dude... can you please upload those unplugged songs as well? :) Thanks!!

Offline Lloyd2112DT

« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2011, 10:58:41 AM »

Offline bondrkm

• And still the orchestra plays.....
« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2011, 01:28:05 PM »
Lloyd, your videos are incredible!  Thanks. :hefdaddy

Offline dongringo

« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2011, 07:12:25 PM »

- It felt REALLY strange to SIT at a rock concert, something I have never done before. Back in Norway, you always stand the whole entire show, and although your legs can get tired as hell - it just makes the audience more dynamic, and you can "rock out" more in the pit! Here, I felt like I was sitting at some opera and should be politely clapping like a gentleman, lol. So I felt the audience was a bit more on the reserved side than what I am used to. Back home, everybody goes wild, all fists pumping in the air and stuff. Granted, yes there was fist-pumping and the occasional stand-up here too, but not quite the same.

Welcome I&W! Glad you had a great show. I know what you mean about American audiences these days. It wasn't this way 20 years ago. People have progressively gotten lazier to the point they won't even stand at rock shows. There's something very wrong with that. That's why I like shows in dives like the Roseland Theater in Portland where there are no seats on the main floor. At any rate, I still stand, in the balcony or not, and will never stop standing at rock shows.  ;)
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2011, 07:16:09 PM »

Welcome I&W! Glad you had a great show. I know what you mean about American audiences these days. It wasn't this way 20 years ago. People have progressively gotten lazier to the point they won't even stand at rock shows. There's something very wrong with that. That's why I like shows in dives like the Roseland Theater in Portland where there are no seats on the main floor. At any rate, I still stand, in the balcony or not, and will never stop standing at rock shows.  ;)
I hope you all know that the venue the show was originally going to be at was all standing room only. Apparently The Moore just holds more people or something.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline pinchylarue

« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2011, 07:22:58 PM »
Did you guys manage to get pictures with the DT guys after the show or before? I want to try to get pictures with a few of the guys at the Chicago show.  :biggrin:

this

Offline TVC 15

• I was bored before I even began
« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2011, 01:23:28 PM »
My neck is still sore!!! But what a great fucking show!!! And now for my contribution to the pics... :metal

Hey Frank!  It's Johanns from the MP forum (bring down the godhead).  Thanks for the great photos.  I missed their swing through town this time around on account of illness.  Hope to touch base with you guys next time the band hits town.