Dream Theater > Concerts and Set Lists

2011-09-27 - Moore Theatre - Seattle, WA

(1/31) > >>

Cool Chris:
Might as well start one for Seattle. Anyone here going? I've never been to Showbox Sodo, even when the space was used for other bars/clubs.

psychdoc:
I will be there; bought my tickets today via the presale.

I must say that I'm not the biggest fan of Showbox Sodo. I would have preferred for Dream Theater to play the Showbox at Pike Place Market; it's just a much better venue with better acoustics. I've seen Coheed and Cambria and Nightwish at Showbox Sodo and the acoustics just weren't tremendous.

All that said, I am excited about seeing Dream Theater again (this will be my 7th time seeing them going all the way back to the Images & Words tour in St. Louis back in 1993), and based on the live clips of the European festival show leg, the band is just kicking on all cylinders right now. It should be one hell of a show, inspite of the venue.  :metal

Cool Chris:
I thought the market Showbox is much smaller though? The only time I've seen DT in Seattle was at the Moore. Totally different type of venue, but I like seeing shows there.

I just saw this on the Showbox's website under DT's 'event details.'   :facepalm:

--- Quote ---Octavarium is not only the eighth studio album from progressive heavy rockers Dream Theater, but it also marks 20 years of existence for this majestic outfit. "It's pretty incredible," says drummer Mike Portnoy, "Especially given the nature of what we do. I think maybe that's probably been the secret to our longevity, is that we've never fit in. But it's still incredible that here we are, 20 years later, and we're not one of those bands that's just sticking around on the downslide. We're still growing and progressing with each album and tour."
--- End quote ---

psychdoc:

--- Quote from: Cool Chris on August 05, 2011, 09:12:09 AM ---I thought the market Showbox is much smaller though? The only time I've seen DT in Seattle was at the Moore. Totally different type of venue, but I like seeing shows there.

I just saw this on the Showbox's website under DT's 'event details.'   :facepalm:

--- Quote ---Octavarium is not only the eighth studio album from progressive heavy rockers Dream Theater, but it also marks 20 years of existence for this majestic outfit. "It's pretty incredible," says drummer Mike Portnoy, "Especially given the nature of what we do. I think maybe that's probably been the secret to our longevity, is that we've never fit in. But it's still incredible that here we are, 20 years later, and we're not one of those bands that's just sticking around on the downslide. We're still growing and progressing with each album and tour."
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I don't even know what to say about that idiotic quote, other than you'd hope that the booking folks would do at least a little bit of homework.

Showbox at the Market is only a little smaller. I've seen a bunch of shows there, including Opeth. The layout is different, but I think both venues hold a little over 1,000 people. Sodo may hold 100-200 more people than the Market. I have yet to see a show at the Moore, and I would have loved for them to play there.

bondrkm:
I got my ticket the other day, can't wait!  I do find this to be a strange venue for them.  I'd prefer the theater setting of the Moore or Paramount, but oh well, just glad to see them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version