Author Topic: Will Transatlantic Release New Album?  (Read 1884 times)

Offline darkshade

Will Transatlantic Release New Album?
« on: August 03, 2011, 06:06:24 PM »
Will it come out? Is this the secret project MP is working on? Do you guys think they'll even reunite to make a 4th album? Do you WANT a 4th album?

I think they'll reunite eventually (maybe this year, but definitely sooner than between BAF and The Whirlwind). I want a 4th album, and I know all 4 members would be willing to make another one. What do you think?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 12:54:47 AM by darkshade »

Offline The Letter M

Re: Transatlantic's New Album
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 06:30:45 PM »
Will it come out? Is this the secret project MP is working on? Do you guys think they'll even reunite to make a 4th album? Do you WANT a 4th album?

I think they'll reunite eventually (maybe this year, but definitely sooner than between BAF and The Whirlwind). I want a 4th album, and I know all 4 members would be willing to make another one. What do you think?

Secret Project? What Secret Project does MP have going on NOW? Or do you mean the one he eluded to months ago about doing in July, which he already announced as being a classic rock-oriented group with John Sykes?

AFAIK, there's no Transatlantic activity this year outside of the fall release of a new live set from the Whirld Tour, which features 2 DVDs and 3 CDs. I don't recall which was which, but two shows involved are Tilburg and Manchester, one will be audio-only and the other will be video-only, and will be sold as a 5-disc set.

As for the possibility of another TA album, I'll post what I just posted at the Neal Morse forums earlier today:

"As for a TA Studio album, that'd be up to the rest of the band but something tells me Neal would be ready and willing to do it, however the others are pretty busy as the year finishes out - Roine is in the midsts of releasing the third Agents Of Mercy album in the next month, then touring for it, then it's quite possible he may bring back The Flower Kings for the first time since 2007; Pete is working on the next Marillion album, with some scattered shows here and there over the next few months; and Mike is working hard as usual, doing a project in LA last month for his 3 studio album of 2011, and then touring with Adrenaline Mob (his new metal band), who is supporting Godsmack, this fall and possibly through winter as well.

I think Neal would be likely to do another solo album for 2012 before Transatlantic, but I can be hopeful and dream that the four of them will find a couple weeks in the fall/winter to do an album and release for Summer 2012!

As for MMPLM, I've heard NO news whatsoever on this album/project/band, so details are sketchy at best, but I certainly hope they've found a label and are able to release the album before year's end!"

Also, I came in here reading the thread title thinking there was actual information regarding a possible 4th TA album and left unsatisfied and disappointed :( :lol

-Marc.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 07:07:01 PM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Pols Voice

• Did ya see the latest Nintendo newsletter?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 06:35:03 PM »
Roine is in the midsts of releasing the third Agents Of Mercy album in the next month, then touring for it, then it's quite possible he may bring back The Flower Kings for the first time since 2007;

I hope so. I'm really starting to miss that band. I got used to their 5 double albums a year type of thing and I'm having withdrawal.
WHOA, NICE GRAPHICS!

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 06:39:58 PM »
Roine is in the midsts of releasing the third Agents Of Mercy album in the next month, then touring for it, then it's quite possible he may bring back The Flower Kings for the first time since 2007;

I hope so. I'm really starting to miss that band. I got used to their 5 double albums a year type of thing and I'm having withdrawal.

:rollin Nice...

Really, though, the last year or three have been filled with tons of TFK-related goodness, like Agents Of Mercy, Karmakanic (whose latest album is top notch), and Hasse Froberg & The Musical Companion. It seems if things line up well, all the Flower Kings (at least Roine, Jonas, Hasse and Tomas) should be free to come together in the Winter. As for a drummer, I hope they bring back Marcus, who has recently worked with Jonas on the new Karmakanic album (effectively letting going of Zoltan and his last link to TFK) - Marcus also drummed on Tomas' Eggs & Dogs' album You Are, so with two of them using Marcus as their drummer, it's only natural that he'd be suggested to rejoin the band! I loved his work on Tomas' I AM, Roine's Wall Street Voodoo, and of course TFK's Paradox Hotel.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 07:00:39 PM »
Change the thread title please

Offline darkshade

Re: Will Transatlantic Release New Album?
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 01:22:49 AM »
Hmm I didn't know Roine and Pete were going to be so busy this year into 2012. I'm sure MP would have figured out a way to fit it in though. I don't know how much I'd care about touring for a new album, I would just want a new album.