Author Topic: Meet & Greet  (Read 43976 times)

Offline Pockets17red

• Unofficially Official Prog Archivist
  • If you don't like it, right up yours!
Re: A Dramatic Tour of Events: Meet & Greet
« Reply #140 on: May 03, 2012, 05:19:07 PM »
Also, make sure you are in the middle or towards the end of the M&G line.  The front does seem to go faster, I don't think they explicitly push your through, I think people at the front are trying to be courteous to those in the back.
Completely agree with this.
Did they let you see soundcheck or was that even earlier than when they let you in?
Keep on turning, Keep on turning, Turning around, Spinning around, round, round, round, round, round, round, round, round...

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2012, 12:40:51 AM »
^ I know for sure you don't get to see soundcheck, as much as I would love it.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #142 on: May 08, 2012, 06:30:41 PM »
I think it depends on the theater.  At the Warner theater in D.C. we didn't, and the policy enforced by the staff there had us packed like sardines in the lobby for almost 40 minutes before letting us in, and when I say "us" I mean all ticket holders, not just the ones who got let in the gate early for the M&G.

Offline rockhound

« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2012, 10:57:47 AM »
Hi
Anyone knows if is it possible to bring a guitar to be signed at the meet & greet?
thanks

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2012, 12:52:59 PM »
Hi
Anyone knows if is it possible to bring a guitar to be signed at the meet & greet?
thanks

Yes it is.  In Chicago a few people did this but it might depend on the venue.  The thing is, a lot of venues will not let you leave and reenter so you might be stuck carrying around a guitar for the whole show.  We were lucky because in Chicago they let us go put our stuff in our cars.  A lot of venues don't.

Offline Slain

« Reply #145 on: July 05, 2012, 02:35:12 PM »
Does anyone know if any of the stuff they give you (shirts, etc.) will be different from the first leg of the North american tour last year?
Quote from: MarlaHooch
Just amazing.  DT should count their lucky stars that some of their fans are at this level of unconditional cult worship.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2012, 02:50:36 PM »
It is the same items: DT Bag, picks, signed pic, poster and t-shirt.

Offline rockhound

« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2012, 09:41:08 AM »
Anyone knows what's happening with the meet & greet for the south america tour? They dissapeared from the VIP Nation web page!

Offline Pockets17red

• Unofficially Official Prog Archivist
  • If you don't like it, right up yours!
« Reply #148 on: August 06, 2012, 11:29:25 AM »
Anyone knows what's happening with the meet & greet for the south america tour? They dissapeared from the VIP Nation web page!
I just checked and they are all up at VIP Nation. Nice to see that the Meet & Greet for the first day of the DVD/Blu-ray shoot is sold out.
Keep on turning, Keep on turning, Turning around, Spinning around, round, round, round, round, round, round, round, round...

Offline rockhound

« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2012, 12:55:48 PM »
I just checked and they are all up at VIP Nation. Nice to see that the Meet & Greet for the first day of the DVD/Blu-ray shoot is sold out.
Thanks! They fixed it.  The first day M&G was sold out in less than 2 days. Also is sold out the theater for that day, and there are just a few seats left for the secon day.

Offline Wi_Lee

Re: AN EVENING WITH DREAM THEATER: UK & EUROPEAN TOUR 2014
« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2013, 01:37:23 PM »
I´m thinking ´bout buying the platinuim vip-ticket. does anybody know how the guys behave at meet and greets?! do they have a strict timetable or is there enough time to talk to them (more than 5 seconds)?!  :huh:

Offline Shadow2222

Re: AN EVENING WITH DREAM THEATER: UK & EUROPEAN TOUR 2014
« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2013, 09:56:17 AM »
I´m thinking ´bout buying the platinuim vip-ticket. does anybody know how the guys behave at meet and greets?! do they have a strict timetable or is there enough time to talk to them (more than 5 seconds)?!  :huh:

I did it last year, and it was an incredible experience. I'm not going to sugar coat it, you get about 10 seconds with each band member. The band's management can be a little pushy, but the members themselves are super nice. Jordan did hang around talking to a couple people for awhile.

I met some really cool people that were also there, and (this can vary depending on the venue and where they choose to give you seats) I sat in the center of the very first row!
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Wi_Lee

Re: Meet & Greet
« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2013, 07:45:49 AM »
Great!  :tup You convinced me! :D I just ordered the ticket! 
and every second with them counts a lot! :D veeeeeeery excited! :D

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2013, 11:03:28 AM »

Awesome! I'm sure you will have a fantastic time! One piece of advise (that you have probably already thought about) - Think of what you want to say to them in advance (don't necessarily memorize it), and that way you won't freeze up like I saw a couple people do at the meet and greet.

Offline adameastment

« Reply #154 on: June 27, 2013, 03:48:21 PM »

Awesome! I'm sure you will have a fantastic time! One piece of advise (that you have probably already thought about) - Think of what you want to say to them in advance (don't necessarily memorize it), and that way you won't freeze up like I saw a couple people do at the meet and greet.

What are you supposed to say? D: Oh god! I'm gonna freeze up...

Offline adastra

« Reply #155 on: June 27, 2013, 11:53:24 PM »
I'm having problems reading the whole topic with my work laptop , so don't crucify me if this has already been asked;

Would it be ok to give something to them at the meet and greet?
I was thinking about giving my band's Demo / self release for each DT member at the Meet & Greet ?  ::)
Stay by my side / as I fade / so you can point to the end of my struggle /and the twilight of eternal days / at the low, dark edge of life.

Offline philmcson

« Reply #156 on: June 28, 2013, 12:24:42 PM »
Sacrifice your firstborn child upon the table of DT's meet & greet!

Offline Wi_Lee

« Reply #157 on: June 30, 2013, 05:41:42 AM »
Thank you for the advice! I´m gonna think about my biggest questions to them  ::)
can´t wait to meet them in january!!!  ;D

Offline DimebagPetrucci

What happens at a Meet&Greet?
« Reply #158 on: July 21, 2013, 02:14:22 AM »
I just got tickets to see Dream Theater in Copenhagen in Febuary. I also bought a Meet&Greet pass. What happened at the Meet&Greet(s) you were at? What was the program? How much time did you get with the members?

Offline robwebster

« Reply #159 on: July 21, 2013, 11:46:40 AM »
You get seven minutes. Alone. In a cupboard. No questions asked.

Offline adastra

« Reply #160 on: July 21, 2013, 10:55:47 PM »
I bought Meet & Greet tickets for me and my friend for the Helsinki show.
I decided to go for the seats rather than standing in the front row.
The only problem is that for which one of my guitars will I get Petrucci's signature  :D
Stay by my side / as I fade / so you can point to the end of my struggle /and the twilight of eternal days / at the low, dark edge of life.

Offline Shadow2222

Re: What happens at a Meet&Greet?
« Reply #161 on: July 26, 2013, 10:27:47 AM »
I just got tickets to see Dream Theater in Copenhagen in Febuary. I also bought a Meet&Greet pass. What happened at the Meet&Greet(s) you were at? What was the program? How much time did you get with the members?

You get to be around them for around 10 minutes (i.e. watch them come in and sit at the table signing). Once the line starts moving for the actual signing, it moves pretty quick and you have about 15 seconds with each member. The tour people will try and speed things along, but the band members aren't rude about it at all. It is a really cool experience, and usually they will have you sit in a tented "VIP" area before hand with everyone else that has the M&G package, so try and meet some new people (cause everyone there is guaranteed to be a die-hard!).

It sounds short, but it is totally worth it, as the picture lasts a lifetime, and you get some neat merchandise too (guitar picks, t-shirt, VIP laminate). Don't fret about the price for value since its already paid for, and just have a great time  :tup

Offline mjuloski

Meet & Greet
« Reply #162 on: October 15, 2013, 08:21:35 AM »
Hey , I am also planning on buying tickets for Meet and greet on this world tour in Croatia , but I like to ask first is it worth buying meet and greet ticket , cuz for me is kind of expensive , and I've watched some videos of DT meet and greet and I was kind of disappointed when I saw that the fans didn't have the chance to actually talk or ask questions to the band , maybe there's been crowd so they have been in rush, but I can't be sure , so if you like you can share your experiences on your meeting with DT .  :)

Offline Purkka

« Reply #163 on: November 28, 2013, 04:37:18 AM »
The only problem is that for which one of my guitars will I get Petrucci's signature  :D

i´m planning to buy the same package too! :)

Offline adastra

« Reply #164 on: December 07, 2013, 11:37:02 PM »

i´m planning to buy the same package too! :)

DO IT!!!  Then there would be at least 3 people at the M&G