Author Topic: Meet & Greet  (Read 43979 times)

Offline indalo

Re: ADTOE Tour Meet & Greet (Packages & Details)
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2011, 03:49:27 PM »
In the forum of DT web, a guy told that now they give the poster before the signing (I don't know if they give the other things of the VIP package before). I think is a good decision!
Sorry for my bad english!

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2011, 08:56:50 AM »
they did that in that in 09 as well.

Offline indalo

« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2011, 03:35:40 PM »
they did that in that in 09 as well.
Can't understand then why at the beginning of this tour they gave it after the M&G  ???

And know that the american tour is finishing... any photo of the M&G package?  ;D

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2011, 11:21:57 PM »

And know that the american tour is finishing... any photo of the M&G package?  ;D

Yup, although not everything in the photos is from the M&G.  I'll go over it all.  (sorry for the gigantic pictures)

Left to right, top to bottom:

Poster you get from M&G
T-Shirt you get from M&G
Album cover I had band sign (item I brought)
Shirt I bought
VIP laminate
DT tote bag you get from M&G
Shirt I bought
Signed picture you get from M&G (signed by band ahead of time)

Last items in close up:

Next three items are John Petrucci guitar pics and the pick box disassembled.
Dream Theater sharpie was a gift from John Myung.  :metal

You also get your picture taken with the band:

Offline indalo

« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2011, 05:57:13 AM »
Thank you!! The m&g shirt looks cool (what it's written under the logo? I suposse it's the back, isn't it?).

Anyway, VIP Nation said they'll probably change the gifts in the european tour... I hope they will make it as least, as good as your items!

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2011, 07:03:51 AM »
Just out of curiosity; didn't I start this thread? or was it another one?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2011, 10:04:45 AM »
Thank you!! The m&g shirt looks cool (what it's written under the logo? I suposse it's the back, isn't it?).

Anyway, VIP Nation said they'll probably change the gifts in the european tour... I hope they will make it as least, as good as your items!

It's the front, and it says:
Dream Theater
:majesty symbol:
Live in Concert

Just out of curiosity; didn't I start this thread? or was it another one?

It looks like the two threads were quietly merged.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2011, 11:37:43 AM »
DTVT you scored nice stuff at the M&G! All these items look awesome.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2011, 09:33:57 AM »

Yup, although not everything in the photos is from the M&G.  I'll go over it all.  (sorry for the gigantic pictures)

Left to right, top to bottom:

Poster you get from M&G
T-Shirt you get from M&G
Album cover I had band sign (item I brought)
Shirt I bought
VIP laminate
DT tote bag you get from M&G
Shirt I bought
Signed picture you get from M&G (signed by band ahead of time)

Last items in close up:

Next three items are John Petrucci guitar pics and the pick box disassembled.
Dream Theater sharpie was a gift from John Myung.  :metal

You also get your picture taken with the band:

:omg: WOW.... looks fantastic!

Offline COB55

Question about London M&G
« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2012, 07:46:55 AM »
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if someone could please tell me what time you have to be at Wembley Arena to attend the Meet & Greet? I'm thinking of buying a ticket for the M&G but I need to know what time I will have to be there, since I have work that day and there's a chance I might be working late. Does anyone know this?

Thanks!

Offline tohmy

Re: ADTOE Tour: Meet & Greet (Details & Questions)
« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2012, 04:43:37 AM »
Thinking about getting a Meet & Greet ticket for the Stuttgart show because i`m celebrating my 20th year as a DT fan and I have a new JPX (with roasted neck) that i`d love to get signed by JP.
Any of you have any experience from these M&G`s? I see two problems: 1. I would not be able to bring anything to get signed other than whats in the M&G package. 2. I`m not allowed to leave the venue after the M&G to put my guitar in my car.
Any help would be appreciated as I think the package is kinda expensive...

Cheers,

Tommy

-sorry for the(kinda) double post-

Offline COB55

« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2012, 04:29:12 PM »
Can someone that has been to an M&G on the European tour please tell me what time they've had to arrive in order to meet the band?

Offline davzdrummer

« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2012, 07:05:07 AM »
Hi all!  Meet and greet package is not available for the Asia Tour yet.  Is it ok to buy a general admission ticket and possibly upgrade it to a meet and greet later on?
8th of September 2010

''My name is Mike; I hit things for a living.'' ~ MM

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2012, 12:17:15 PM »
Hi all!  Meet and greet package is not available for the Asia Tour yet.  Is it ok to buy a general admission ticket and possibly upgrade it to a meet and greet later on?

I'm not sure about that... If I were you, I would shoot an email over to the company that arranges the M&G, and also possibly to the ticket site, just asking that question and if a M&G will become available.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline davzdrummer

« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2012, 01:45:50 PM »
Thanks!  :tup
8th of September 2010

Offline Dreamer81

« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2012, 04:53:51 PM »
my picture with the band!!

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2012, 03:56:23 PM »
Cool!  :tup

Hoping to finally go to a meet and greet this tour.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2012, 11:52:19 PM »
VIP Packages for the new North American leg are not up yet, although the site lists them for sale.  I assume the new packages will include tickets, not just a M&G upgrade as presently listed in the VIP Nation site.

Guess we'll have to keep our ears to the ground for any presale rumblings.  El Paso presale 4/17 and tix for Richmond go onsale 4/14.

Offline Shadow2222

Re: A Dramatic Tour of Events: Meet & Greet
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2012, 11:12:01 AM »
If I may be a little nosy, how much were the U.S. full meet and greets last time (the ones including a ticket)?

Just trying to prepare here. 99.9% positive I'm going.

EDIT: Well, my question may be answered shortly. The majority of the summer dates just went up (although I'm nervous that Cleveland isn't listed yet, but they did say every date would have a meet and greet).

https://v2.iloveallaccess.com/Tours/dream-theater/summer-2012
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 02:55:25 PM by Shadow2222 »

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2012, 06:33:22 PM »
I don't mean to double post, but do they usually go up in pieces on the VIP Nation website like this? I called and they said all the packages they knew about were listed... I'm a little nervous now...

Offline Pockets17red

• Unofficially Official Prog Archivist
  • If you don't like it, right up yours!
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2012, 06:36:34 PM »
Looks like the Meet & Greet Packages will be $275. This might be my third meet and greet depending on some circumstances.
Keep on turning, Keep on turning, Turning around, Spinning around, round, round, round, round, round, round, round, round...

Offline Pockets17red

« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2012, 08:20:20 PM »
I don't mean to double post, but do they usually go up in pieces on the VIP Nation website like this? I called and they said all the packages they knew about were listed... I'm a little nervous now...
I wouldn't worry. From what I have seen, the only dates that are listed on the VIP Nation website have tickets listen on Ticketmaster or have been officially confirmed by the venue.
Keep on turning, Keep on turning, Turning around, Spinning around, round, round, round, round, round, round, round, round...

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2012, 09:17:37 PM »
Ok, I just have a tendency to freak out. I just cannot wait to go :caffeine:

Offline davzdrummer

Asia Meet and Greet Package
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2012, 10:33:59 AM »
Any Korean and/or Indonesian fans here?

Was the M&G package made available to your country? I'm going to the Singapore event and there is no M&G package yet, only a VIP package. DT.net mentioned that M&G is available on all dates, but some dates actually don't have any M&G, only Japan for the Asia Tour.

Anyone who can answer this? :)

8th of September 2010

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #129 on: April 25, 2012, 01:04:19 PM »
Finally bought the M&G for Cleveland! Cannot wait  :D
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:51:48 PM by Shadow2222 »

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2012, 09:37:11 PM »
Sure is taking a long time for the LA and Anaheim shows to make tickets available.  Websites for both still do not list either date.  I'm on the mailing list for both, yet it appears tickets may not go  on sale this week afterall.  What's the holdup?  ???

Offline Lark the Starless

• Engrish.
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2012, 03:02:23 PM »
Sure is taking a long time for the LA and Anaheim shows to make tickets available.  Websites for both still do not list either date.  I'm on the mailing list for both, yet it appears tickets may not go  on sale this week afterall.  What's the holdup?  ???

We've got one so far, RTK  :metal

https://www.livenation.com/event/0900489ABED955DA?crosssite=TM_US:744581:73787

If you find out of any presales going on for this show and the Anaheim one, please tell me (and the rest of the folks going to this show!)  :)

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2012, 03:27:03 PM »
Okay, will do.

• Engrish.
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2012, 03:55:46 PM »

• Engrish.
« Reply #134 on: April 30, 2012, 09:32:09 AM »

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2012, 10:33:49 AM »
A question to those who have done the meet and greet before: When going through for the signing, was it extremely rushed, or did you get 20/30 seconds with each member?

Offline lyfeternl

« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2012, 03:14:27 PM »
A question to those who have done the meet and greet before: When going through for the signing, was it extremely rushed, or did you get 20/30 seconds with each member?

I was towards the front of the line...so it was a bit rushed. Those that were last in line were able to linger a bit longer while passing to each member.

To me, 20-30 seconds is rushed haha. I'm in the camp that would love to have 20-30 minutes.
"...the last is just a flurry of notes...so just do it and hope you don't suck..." - JP

Offline Pockets17red

« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2012, 04:04:35 PM »

I was towards the front of the line...so it was a bit rushed. Those that were last in line were able to linger a bit longer while passing to each member.

To me, 20-30 seconds is rushed haha. I'm in the camp that would love to have 20-30 minutes.

Totally agree. The first meet and greet I went to, which was during the Chaos in Motion tour, I got a couple minutes to talk to James about vocal technique and practicing. It was awesome. That was before their part of the concert.
Did the M&G again during Progressive Nation 08 at the LC Pavilion and it was after the show and it was a bit rushed and everything was quite disorganized but I remember reading somewhere that they changed the company they did the M&G with?
I hope the meet and greet at the LC Pavilion this time will be before they play.
I saw a video of the M&G for Opeth and it was a lot less structured and you could just go up to the guys and talk. Just get little groups together with each member and just chat. I hope it is more like that this time.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #138 on: April 30, 2012, 07:25:19 PM »
One more question, kind of along the lines of what Pockets was saying. I think it is now before the show, anyone that can confirm? Also, is it during the opening band or before that as well?

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2012, 04:03:42 PM »
Last tour the M&G was well before the opening band at the show I went to.  You shouldn't miss anything.

At PN09 I missed all but the first Bigelf song and the first half of the ZPZ set.

Also, make sure you are in the middle or towards the end of the M&G line.  The front does seem to go faster, I don't think they explicitly push your through, I think people at the front are trying to be courteous to those in the back.