Author Topic: Meet & Greet  (Read 43977 times)

Offline jmbeat

Meet & Greet
« on: August 02, 2011, 09:31:25 PM »
Doing my first one this year, I just have one question.  Do you get all of that extra stuff at the show or do they mail it to you.  I was thinking, what am I going to do with all that stuff when I go to my seat?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 01:39:42 PM by cyberdrummer »
"So just shut your face and take a seat because after all you're just talking meat.....and music?  Well that's just entertainment folks.---Devin Townsend

"I'm not drinking until Saturday"---My Wife;)

Offline pietro123

• The Silent Man
  • |eruditio.vivo|
Re: Meet & Greets
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 10:50:28 PM »
You get all the stuff there before the show. It does make things tough holding on to all of it during the show (not to mention potentially damaging some of the materials). Just hope you'll get out of there alright. I'm doing my first meet and greet this year as well, and I think my venue has seats, so that should make thing a bit easier not having people right behind me during the show.
Through Nature's inflexible grace, I'm learning to live.

Offline st_dysan

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 09:21:39 AM »
Hey All

My wife surprised me with Meet and Greet for the Orlando show.  Its my first one so I have a couple of questions.

I see from an above response that they give you all the stuff before the show, can you carry it in something or can I carry a bag in?

How about general admission shows, do they rope an area off for you or is it just a free for all.

Can I bring something for the band to sign?

thanks in advance

Casey

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 11:10:31 AM »
The general admission shows..Meet and Greets are usually let into the theater/arena approx 1 hour before the show to stake out your spot

I would imagine you could bring something for the band to sign as long as its within the venues policies, same with a bag or something to carry the goodies in

Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline JustinVK

Question about VIP tickets
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 03:45:24 PM »
I waited too long to buy my ticket to get a decent seat at Ruth Eckard Hall on the 22cnd of October, So now i am stuck trying to find a way to get closer then the back of the venue.
I found this website that is selling VIP tickets for $150 and it says that it gets you a spot in the first 10 rows. Is this an upgrade package for a ticket you have already purchased? Is it Reliable? And The website of the venue shows that the first 10 rows of the venue are sold out, but it is still available to buy tickets for those spots through the vip package on this website, so i don't know what to do. Thanks for the help - here is the website
https://v2.iloveallaccess.com/tours/dream-theater/dream-theater/9cceb2922ffa8e625fb00d8266d46217VwR2AvV%3D/bdffb78274e05c2ac81b285da043418eVwZ0ZwNv
Life will not always be this way
Look around
Hear the sounds
Cherish your life while you're still around

Offline bobs23

• human mic stand
  • EZBoard Elder
Re: Question about VIP tickets
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 04:01:07 PM »
It is a reliable site. I have used them before for many different bands. It is not an upgrade your seat, they will assign you a seat based on your order in line. IE the earlier you you order the better the seat(but no seat sucks). My past experience, they had backstage tours with pretty good food and access to the merch booth before anyone else. Each time they were very well organized.

Offline JustinVK

Re: Question about VIP tickets
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 04:09:42 PM »
It is a reliable site. I have used them before for many different bands. It is not an upgrade your seat, they will assign you a seat based on your order in line. IE the earlier you you order the better the seat(but no seat sucks). My past experience, they had backstage tours with pretty good food and access to the merch booth before anyone else. Each time they were very well organized.

Thanks, that is all i needed to know. I will buy them tonight  ;D
Life will not always be this way
Look around
Hear the sounds
Cherish your life while you're still around

Offline shredding

ADTOE Tour Meet & Greet (Packages & Details)
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 11:57:51 AM »
Hi, quick question.
I got 2 meet and greet for Salt lake city show (assigned seats, no GA session.) So far we weren't assigned any seats. I'm wondering if we need to come early on the day of the event to get better seats?

Thanks!

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Meet and greet seating?
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 01:14:28 PM »
When I've done it in the past, twice, you didn't know your seats till you went to willcall before the show.  Once the meet and greet was prior too the show, once it was after.  Not sure which it is this time.

Offline BFRedrocks

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 01:32:35 PM »
The only meet and greet I did was before the show, but I recall getting my seat assignment when I placed my ticket order.  Are you supposed to get your tix beforehand, or are you supposed to pick them up at will call?

Offline shredding

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 01:50:39 PM »
Thanks guys. I called livenation and they said they will contact us 1 week before the show. So this means I will get the tickets before the show I guess. I will go early to get better seats.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 05:13:35 PM »
*Exact seat location available at show.

thats what it says for my Boston meet and greet, so i think the tickets are at willcall, and you find out then

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
ADTOE Tour Meet & Greet (Packages & Details)
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 06:12:14 PM »
What's the drill this time around? DT's facebook page share www.ILoveAccess.com and I looked over the offers.
I really wanna meet the band. But my wife is coming with me at the Austin show and our seats are together so I'm thinking of getting the M&G package for the Dallas show the day after. The question is: how do I grantee I can find a seat next to the one they're going to give me from the package for my wife.. I don't wanna tell her to leave the car with me and take a greyhound home after the Austin show cause my face is allergic to the backside of frying pans. Also I do want her there with me.
Please advice.
P.S: Anyone got packages from that website yet?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: ADTOE Tour Meet & Greet (Packages & Details)
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 12:32:44 AM »
This is the facebook post:

A limited number of Meet & Greet Upgrade Packages (no ticket included) have been added for select North American dates! Details at https://bit.ly/DreamVIP!

When you click the link you'll see this:

MEET AND GREET PACKAGE
One reserved ticket located within the first 5 rows of the stage
Exclusive meet and greet with the members of Dream Theater
Personal photograph with the band
Autographed 8X10 photo
Specially designed concert shirt
Collectible tour poster (limited, numbered)
Set of Dream Theater guitar picks (with case)
Official meet and greet laminate
Dream Theater tour gift item

So does it come with a ticket or not?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 12:47:36 AM »
Yeah, I'm confused too about this, if I pay 250 dollars for package I would want to have ticket also for that kind of money.

Offline DreamerTV

• Italian DTFer
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 04:56:46 AM »
I guess this time around the ticket is indeed included. As they clearly say

Each Dream Theater Meet & Greet Package includes:

One general admission ticket with early entry*

As 250dollars are 183euros, and the ticket for itself here in Italy costs 50Eur, to meet the band you have to pay only (!!!) around 130Eur

Offline Dreamer81

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 05:31:05 AM »
I've bought 2 of them for the milano show! for a total of 365 €, hoping they will be worthy, but i'm sure they are!!!

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 06:11:05 AM »
I've bought 2 of them for the milano show! for a total of 365 €, hoping they will be worthy, but i'm sure they are!!!
I'm jealous now  ;)

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 05:33:05 AM »
If you check, the shows that have sold out of regular meet and greets have added ticketless "Upgrade packs" for 200 dollars (50 dollars less).

I actually hope Pittsburgh sells out of the regular meet and greets and that maybe I could get an upgrade pack!
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 07:23:06 AM »
I'm curious as to what the drill will be.  Before the show?  After?  I've done one of each, just didn't see any specifics when I purchased this one.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 08:22:30 AM »
I'm curious as to what the drill will be.  Before the show?  After?  I've done one of each, just didn't see any specifics when I purchased this one.

i think 5 days before our shows we get an itinerary

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2011, 11:47:30 AM »

i think 5 days before our shows we get an itinerary

Cool!  Thanks Chris  :tup

Offline BFRedrocks

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2011, 12:14:57 PM »
If you check, the shows that have sold out of regular meet and greets have added ticketless "Upgrade packs" for 200 dollars (50 dollars less).

I actually hope Pittsburgh sells out of the regular meet and greets and that maybe I could get an upgrade pack!

So does that mean you get to meet the band and then go home cause you don't have a ticket?   :lol

Maybe it's supposed to be as simple as they don't have any more seats in the first 5 rows, meaning that folks sitting in the back of the concert hall can meet the band too?   :loser:

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 07:15:45 AM »
We got our itinerary yesterday, here's what the gave us.....

Dear Dream Theater Meet & Greet fan,
NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE, LOS ANGELES, September 25th, 2011
Meet & Greet Package

Here is your itinerary.  This information is REALLY IMPORTANT, so please read everything VERY CAREFULLY!  You are in charge here so please let everyone in your party know this information as well:

This package is NON-TRANSFERABLE.
    Meeting time: 6:15pm!
    Meeting place: VIP NATION check-in table near the Box Office- located between Doors 3 &4, in Nokia Plaza at LA Live, off Chick Hearn Court

Doors open to the public at 7:00pm.  Trivium is on at 8:00pm. Dream Theater is on at 9:00pm.*

Just a reminder…   These packages are not transferable.

Please don’t bring recording devices, or any other prohibited items. Non-professional cameras (no detachable lens, fits in your pocket/purse) are ok. Please check directly with the venue for their camera policy. No cameras allowed during the meet & greet.

Contacts in case of emergency:

Your host’s cell:  310 592-4510 - Please only call for day of show emergencies.

Customer service:    888 I LUV AXS (888 458 8297)

Mon-Fri 9:30am – 6:30pm Pacific Time

Customer service is always available on show days from 30 minutes before your meeting time until 30 minutes after show starts.

info@vipnation.com

The Details:

Please meet your host, Ann, at the VIP Nation check-in table near the Box Office, located between Doors 3 & 4 in Nokia Plaza at LA Live off Chick Hearn Court, at 6:15pm! Please bring PHOTO ID matching the ATTENDEE NAME on your order.  Please bring your order confirmation as well (confirmation page from iloveallaccess.com/ vipnation.com, or your confirmation email, or both!) just in case it’s needed.

You’ll receive your exclusive Dream Theater gifts: collectible tour poster, specially designed concert shirt, autographed photo and more! You’ll have crowd-free merchandise shopping! You’ll have a meet & greet and a photo op with members of Dream Theater!

Your host, Ann,  will shoot the photo op and you can view and download.  They will be posted within two weeks following your show, and will be accessible for 60 days at: https://vipnation.smugmug.com The Dream Theater photo gallery password is: dreamvip

Last, but not least, get ready to enjoy Dream Theater from your seat(s) in the first 5 rows!

Doors open to the public at 7:00pm.  Trivium is on at 8:00pm. Dream Theater is on at 9:00pm.*

Any questions regarding your itinerary can be directed to the customer service number 888 I LUV AXS (888 458 8297).

If you are running more than 45 minutes late, please call us (888 458 8297) or text your host. (310 592-4510)

Offline pinchylarue

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 01:24:22 PM »
wow that is the lamest...

so if you bring a camera you cannot get a picture with petrucci or rudess, you need the entire band only?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :tdwn

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2011, 03:12:28 PM »
pinchy - there are a lot of people (50-100 at the Boston show two years ago) who go to these things.  There isn't time for everyone to get exactly what they want.  You may have paid your money, but so did everyone else.  They have these things down to a science.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011, 04:14:12 PM »
^That.  And if things get behind, or if they think you are taking too long, the tour manager or someone else may tell you to hurry it up and move along.  If so, don't ignore them, because it is their job to make sure everyone gets their turn.  But by the same token, if you are right in the middle of asking something or getting something signed, and you have been moving quickly, don't be afraid to take a few seconds to finish up.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2011, 04:39:53 PM »
Yeah, you have to find a balance between holding the other folks up and getting your time in.  I loved my first M&G back on the ToT tour.  There were only 25 or so of us, they put us in a room after the show with the band.  No table or anything, we were able to chat at length with the guys. Did it again for the SC tour and did the table thing... huge difference!!!!!  I understand with more peeps it needs to be structured like it is now.  My plan is to have my questions/comments ready, and give my girl hers...LOL, that way I get a lil more time per se.  She really is smitten with JR...so I'm sure she'll want to do her thing while talking to him, everyone else though... she could care less. :lol  So I'll give her some homework :P

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
What would YOU do at a Meet and Greet????
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2011, 04:48:57 PM »
I asked this question in another thread, but it got buried.  This will be my 3rd M&G and  I need some input on Questions/Comments, and what to have signed.  Both me and my gal are going so we'll be able to get 2 things signed.  My first M&G I had my ACOS CD cover signed, last one I had my photo with the band signed.  This time I can't really do that with MP in there  :lol

So!!  Please !!  Any thoughts or suggestions are most welcome!!  I was a drummer as a kid, so I was thinking maybe a drum head.  Anyone know what MM plays?

Thanks in advance :)

1.  What would you have signed

2. What would you ask each member?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2011, 05:01:32 PM »
Yeah, I've been to some where you could mill around and talk.  One was with Queenryche up in Portland, and it was kind of cool, but felt really artificial as well.  And the downside to that format was that if you aren't aggressive enough, other people cut in on you and start talking, but if you are too aggressive, the band members try to get away.

Similar to that, I've been to quite a few Y&T shows at clubs where the band (especially Dave Meniketti and John Nymann) will just come out and mill around with the fans in the club or in the lobby after shows, which is cool.  It feels a lot less formal, so everyone just kind of loosens up and has a good time with it.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline pinchylarue

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2011, 05:02:15 PM »
i totally agree guys. didn't meen to come off as rude. but this is my life goal right here, i would even trade getting something signed , just to have a quick picture with petrucci...

not saying that the other members are'nt important to me, but petruccis guitar parts (and some of rudesses) have a significant part in my life and saved me from suicide.

again, sorry if i came off as ingreatfull guys , i never meant for that.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: What would YOU do at a Meet and Greet????
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2011, 05:09:02 PM »
I can throw out some ideas from my own personal experience:

I'm thinking of having my 25th Anniversary poster signed, but I'm not sure when I'll ever see Portnoy to have him sign it.  I'm also not 100% sure I want to lug a poster cylinder around at the show.  But it would be amazing to have a poster that cool signed and framed. 

Not sure if you were around when we did the "TransImperial Forums" at April fools, but I had a TransImperial shirt custom made, wore it to the Transatlantic show in 2010 and had the guys all sign it.  I've got it in a shadow box in my office with some other tour memorabilia.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2011, 05:09:49 PM »
I don't think you did.  And I also don't think there is a problem with having a favorite band member that you really want to meet.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2011, 05:17:28 PM »
Hmmmm... well I do have tons of tour shirts.  I guess that could be an option.  Wish I had an I&W or Awake tour shirt.  That would work!

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2011, 07:50:23 PM »
Last time I had them sign a shirt, and used put that in a shadow box along with my VIP pass, ticket stub, picture with the band.

This time I'm leaning toward the litho from the box set so its something I can have MM sign and not have it be inappropriate.  You could always have them sign some of the M&G swag as well.