Author Topic: 2011-10-22 - Ruth Eckerd Hall - Clearwater, FL  (Read 12013 times)

Offline JustinVK

Re: 2011-10-22 - Ruth Eckerd Hall - Clearwater, FL
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2011, 10:25:51 PM »
I have an extra ticket in row Q for the concert tomorrow. I am looking to get some cash for it if someone is interested. All the tickets even close to this seat are sold out.
Life will not always be this way
Look around
Hear the sounds
Cherish your life while you're still around

Offline rcseeley421

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2011, 01:52:35 PM »
Made it to clea :metalrwater after a 7 hour drive! Let's fucking rock this!!!

Offline RandalGraves

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2011, 04:09:18 PM »
Will be there tonight as well as the show tomorrow . . . Although currently stuck in line for Cheetah Hunt.   :angry:

Offline tnphelps

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2011, 05:56:57 PM »
Setting in Ruth Eckerd Hall I forgot how awesome this venue is.

Offline rcseeley421

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2011, 06:53:37 PM »
Well i have to say trivium was actually pretty good! I caught a stick and DT should be on in a few! LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!  :metal

Offline RandalGraves

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2011, 07:47:21 PM »
Hardcore pooping to Endless Sacrifice!  :metal

Offline JustinVK

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2011, 10:26:36 PM »
I loved the show. Everyone was at the top of their game and seemed to be having a blast. I wish we didn't get PMU as an encore though... I have yet to see Under a Glass Moon live.
Life will not always be this way
Look around
Hear the sounds
Cherish your life while you're still around

Offline Loser1

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2011, 10:31:37 PM »
This was my 10th (or is it 11th?) time seeing DT. This may have been the best sounding/mixed live show I've seen. If it isn't, it's in the top 3 (Radio City sounded pretty good too). No muddy kick drum, just a good balanced mix that wasn't over the top loud.

Good show DT!

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2011, 09:45:55 AM »
I loved the show. Everyone was at the top of their game and seemed to be having a blast. I wish we didn't get PMU as an encore though... I have yet to see Under a Glass Moon live.
This. PMU has kinda worn off on me. I really wanted to see how James did on UAGM. But PMU was pretty good live. and I must say that James was, to say the least, phenomenal.
3 corn snakes, 1 boa, 1 python, 1 milk snake, 1 king snake, 1 rat snake, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Offline TheSilentHam

• Bringin' da bacon
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2011, 10:11:50 AM »
I enjoyed every moment of the show.  It was my wife's 4th DT concert, and it was her favorite by far.  I brought a friend who knew DT, but I think left with a greater appreciation after seeing them live.  I brought another buddy who is a musician, but only knew PMU from Rock Band....and I think he will be a DT fan for life, if his brain can recover...we will see.

I enjoyed meeting Violet and her Dad, both very cool.

So it really couldn't have been much better!!! :metal

Offline Flacracker

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2011, 11:04:57 AM »
Trivium was gross. The singer kept spitting all over the stage. I think he even spit on some people.

But DT was great. The dynamics between the band members was awesome. I saw that MM and JR kept giving each other looks and smiling. JP and JLB were messing around a bit with each other for a second. JLB was spot on and sounded great. Better than any other time I saw them. I also thought it was funny how JP's guitar cut out in the beginning on PMU then he had to hit the plug back.

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2011, 01:45:33 PM »
I enjoyed every moment of the show.  It was my wife's 4th DT concert, and it was her favorite by far.  I brought a friend who knew DT, but I think left with a greater appreciation after seeing them live.  I brought another buddy who is a musician, but only knew PMU from Rock Band....and I think he will be a DT fan for life, if his brain can recover...we will see.

So it really couldn't have been much better!!! :metal
I was totally shy. I had just recovered from the most embarrasing moment of my life (walking into and using a men's bathroom admist my daydreaming and not noticing until I walk out and see the OTHER door. But it's their own fault for putting a picture of a woman on the men's bathroom door, geez, but I was mortified) and was still kinda in shock, haha :-) well I guess my people skills still lack anyway. I'm better on the internet.
3 corn snakes, 1 boa, 1 python, 1 milk snake, 1 king snake, 1 rat snake, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Offline Chimpi

• DTF.org Alumni
  • JustinSane
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2011, 04:47:17 PM »
I can only repeat what others have said about the show.  It sounded amazing and James was certainly phenomenal.  I brought my best friend, whom is much older than me, and she couldn't find a single negative thing to say about the show.  She was astounded by how incredible each and every Dream Theater musician is.   :D
I was very happy to see all of the guys having a blast on stage.  Everyone was in their element.  It was also great to see them jam together so many times during the show.  I've yet to see them more inclusive with each other than at this show; plus James was energetic.

I was sad that the sound guys did not have a set list sheet for me from this show.  :(

Offline TheSilentHam

• Bringin' da bacon
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2011, 07:20:38 PM »
I was totally shy. I had just recovered from the most embarrasing moment of my life (walking into and using a men's bathroom admist my daydreaming and not noticing until I walk out and see the OTHER door. But it's their own fault for putting a picture of a woman on the men's bathroom door, geez, but I was mortified) and was still kinda in shock, haha :-) well I guess my people skills still lack anyway. I'm better on the internet.

I understand how embarrassing that could be...but it's one of those things to look back and laugh at, and makes the whole thing memorable.  I think it's cool that your dad went with you.  I didn't dare hang out with my dad when I was your age (not voluntarily).  How did he like the show, by the way?

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2011, 08:54:15 PM »

I understand how embarrassing that could be...but it's one of those things to look back and laugh at, and makes the whole thing memorable.  I think it's cool that your dad went with you.  I didn't dare hang out with my dad when I was your age (not voluntarily).  How did he like the show, by the way?
I definitely won't forget it  ;D
Yeah, I am kind of the same way. My dad and I don't see eye to eye on many, many things and butt heads quite often. He wanted to do this with me so that he could have a good memory of being with me in my early teenage years that he'd remember for a long, long time. He loved the show. He said the lighting was fantastic. I am still telling my mom that she is coming with us next time though :laugh:
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Offline thunderdog10

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2011, 07:31:58 AM »
One thing no one has mentioned yet, we got Caught in a Web instead of Forsaken :metal

Offline skipreid

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2011, 09:24:33 AM »
This was a fantastic show. It had a really good set list. JLB was the star of the show. He it every high note that was called for. Mangini was on too. His one handed rolls were crazy. I was kind of bummed about PMU for the encore...until they played it. It was great LIVE.

Offline tnphelps

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2011, 10:38:31 AM »
Great show. Never have seen the guys with this much stage presence. Was really enjoying themselves. Mangini was awesome. I agree JLB was MVP. Loved JR's keyboard stand. Was a little upset they didn't play anything off of SDOIT, as I though they were playing "The Great Debate" on this tour. The sound was great. The audience was great. The lighting was Superb. Ruth Eckerd hall is a great venue. I was also surprised they played 6 songs off the new album. No complaints though because I love the new album. Did not buy a concert shirt. I went for an item I will use most everyday. The Dream Theater coffee cup. Should bring up some interesting conversation from my fellow Engineers at work.

Stopped off at a famous club off of Dale Mabry in Tampa after the show. And even the beautiful scantly clad women in that club could not get my mind off of the awesomeness of the Dream Theater show. Great Night.

Offline sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2011, 06:56:45 PM »
One thing no one has mentioned yet, we got Caught in a Web instead of Forsaken :metal

I was at this show and the one in Orlando with my dad, and I haven't seen anyone mention that they've moved "Outcry" up in the set after "Ytse Jam" before the "acoustic/mellow" part of the show. I don't *think* they had done that until the Clearwater show.
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie