Author Topic: 2011-10-06 - Massey Hall - Toronto, ON  (Read 34369 times)

Offline FallTempest

• Canadian bacon.
2011-10-06 - Massey Hall - Toronto, ON
« on: August 01, 2011, 10:43:17 PM »
Canadians in the house.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:06:24 AM by cyberdrummer »
This is a nice place

Offline pietro123

• The Silent Man
  • |eruditio.vivo|
Re: 2011-10-6- Massey Hall, Toronto CAN
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 10:53:05 PM »
Oh yeah! Getting the VIP package. Such a monumental time in their history, gotta take advantage. Already pre-ordered the Deluxe Collector's Edition of ADToE, so I'm shelling out roughly $450 for DT this time around. Should all be worth it.

Also, the acoustics in Massey should play really well with the band. Much more of an intimate venue than the Molson Amphitheatre.
Through Nature's inflexible grace, I'm learning to live.

Offline FallTempest

• Canadian bacon.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 10:49:20 AM »
Oh yeah! Getting the VIP package. Such a monumental time in their history, gotta take advantage. Already pre-ordered the Deluxe Collector's Edition of ADToE, so I'm shelling out roughly $450 for DT this time around. Should all be worth it.

Also, the acoustics in Massey should play really well with the band. Much more of an intimate venue than the Molson Amphitheatre.

Wow! Thats awesome! Yes, Massey should be incredible for sound. Molson was okay.. Just a tad too big. Hope to see you there!  :metal :tup
This is a nice place

Offline pietro123

• The Silent Man
  • |eruditio.vivo|
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 03:41:25 PM »
Yeah man, should be a blast!

Offline pinchylarue

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 04:05:54 PM »
does anyone know if and when the meet and greets go on sale?
regular tickets go on sale tomorrow at 10am so If there will be no meet and greet, I do not want to miss out on good seat.

someone help me out

Offline FallTempest

• Canadian bacon.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 07:09:33 PM »
does anyone know if and when the meet and greets go on sale?
regular tickets go on sale tomorrow at 10am so If there will be no meet and greet, I do not want to miss out on good seat.

someone help me out

Well I believe just the Massey member tickets are on tomorrow the rest being Friday am I wrong?
This is a nice place

Offline N4Player

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 09:35:32 AM »
Just got confirmation from a friend with connections at Massey Hall that my tickets are secured. Third time in 3 years seeing DT and I haven't seen Mangini play since 95 with Extreme. So pumped up right now and relieved I got a seat. Wish they had a second show and I hope they come around next summer to Molson Amphitheatre. The wait is going to be excruciating but worth it for sure.  :tup

Offline pinchylarue

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 04:40:53 PM »
looks like no meet and greets for the toronto show  >:(

Offline pietro123

• The Silent Man
  • |eruditio.vivo|
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 08:27:50 PM »
looks like no meet and greets for the toronto show  >:(

Damnit! Any chance of the TO show being added last minute?

Offline pinchylarue

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 08:58:15 PM »
I will stick with this from dreamtheater.com :

"Meet & Greet and VIP packages will be available for all North American tour dates at VIPNation.com"

Offline pinchylarue

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 08:58:56 PM »
I will wait, even if they go on sale after the public of friday, I am confident we will get them

Offline pietro123

• The Silent Man
  • |eruditio.vivo|
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 11:12:59 PM »
I will wait, even if they go on sale after the public of friday, I am confident we will get them

I hope so.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 08:07:59 AM »
Just got my ticket from pre-sale (Massey Hall website, promo code "electric") ... 10th row, pretty much dead centre.  Gonna be a long two months.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline showdonttell

• So energy! Powah!
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 08:18:55 AM »
Me and FallTempest just got tickets for Left Centre Balcony, row G. Not bad! Can't wait for this show!  :metal
https://www.last.fm/user/kokocijo

So, I'm chasing these doves down the street and she's screaming at the top of her lungs, and then when the magician comes back from Europe, two of them turned brown!  Well I followed the instructions!

Offline pietro123

• The Silent Man
  • |eruditio.vivo|
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 11:39:31 AM »
The meet-and-greets go on sale at 5pm today! Here's to blowing a shitload of money on DT. The Deluxe Collectors Edition of ADToE and this. All worth it.

Offline FallTempest

• Canadian bacon.
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 12:03:23 PM »

The meet-and-greets go on sale at 5pm today! Here's to blowing a shitload of money on DT. The Deluxe Collectors Edition of ADToE and this. All worth it.
:tup I checked the best available tickets right at 12 today. Very limited selection. Glad we got ours yesterday folks.  :metal
This is a nice place

Offline OptionalPlayer

• Comprised of a series of ones and zeros
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 08:17:11 PM »
I've seen many shows at Massey Hall. Dream Theater has been two of those shows.

MH is 100% guaranteed the best venue for any live performance. The acoustics are bar-none, and there's not one bad seat in the house. (Even the obstructed view seats are alright!)

I'm very excited for this show. I'm 9th row, Right Floor, Center.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2011, 04:44:48 AM »

MH is 100% guaranteed the best venue for any live performance. The acoustics are bar-none, and there's not one bad seat in the house. (Even the obstructed view seats are alright!)

Clearly you've never been in the third balcony.  I'm 6'2", and literally there is not enough room for my knees to sit straight.  Saw the TSO Beethoven's Last Night tour there a little over a year ago, and man, uncomfortable would be as politely as I could put it.  Built in the 1890's, I guess there weren't too many 6' people back then.

Otherwise, you're right, it's a fantastic venue.  Although I thought they'd be doing a bigger venue.  MH is only 2800 or so I think.  I know they're not gonna sell out the ACC or anything, but their past summer shows at the Amphitheatre filled the seats... and that's about 7000.
You must be right in front of me, I'm RCF, row J, seat 34.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline FallTempest

• Canadian bacon.
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 11:35:43 AM »

Clearly you've never been in the third balcony.  I'm 6'2", and literally there is not enough room for my knees to sit straight.  Saw the TSO Beethoven's Last Night tour there a little over a year ago, and man, uncomfortable would be as politely as I could put it.  Built in the 1890's, I guess there weren't too many 6' people back then.

Otherwise, you're right, it's a fantastic venue.  Although I thought they'd be doing a bigger venue.  MH is only 2800 or so I think.  I know they're not gonna sell out the ACC or anything, but their past summer shows at the Amphitheatre filled the seats... and that's about 7000.
You must be right in front of me, I'm RCF, row J, seat 34.

I had the same thought, but Molson will be closed in October will it not? And other than that there arent too many bigger options that make sense.  :-\
This is a nice place

Offline Banny

• DT.net Veteran
Re: 2011-10-06 - Massey Hall - Toronto, ON
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 01:08:55 PM »
3rd time for me with Dream Theater at Massey Hall. Thrilled to see them returning to such a beautiful venue. I was hoping for better seats, but I guess I shouldn't be complaining because it's already a great one. LCF G 15. (Furthest seat on the left centre.)

Wish I knew about the pre-sale password though.  :(

Offline FallTempest

• Canadian bacon.
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 01:35:21 PM »
3rd time for me with Dream Theater at Massey Hall. Thrilled to see them returning to such a beautiful venue. I was hoping for better seats, but I guess I shouldn't be complaining because it's already a great one. LCF G 15. (Furthest seat on the left centre.)

Those arent too bad banny! You did good for not catching the pre sale! Should be incredible  :tup
This is a nice place

Offline Banny

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2011, 08:14:52 PM »

Those arent too bad banny! You did good for not catching the pre sale! Should be incredible  :tup

Honestly, I've seen Dream Theater many times now and have NEVER been right in front of JM. And I'm a bass player? So tickets on the left are welcomed.  :hat

Offline FallTempest

• Canadian bacon.
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 09:49:04 PM »

Ive been on JM's side once.. Pretty awesome. Obviously.  :metal

Honestly, I've seen Dream Theater many times now and have NEVER been right in front of JM. And I'm a bass player? So tickets on the left are welcomed.  :hat
This is a nice place

Offline FallTempest

• Canadian bacon.
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 06:43:12 PM »
Me and FallTempest just got tickets for Left Centre Balcony, row G. Not bad! Can't wait for this show!  :metal

Badsiessss.
This is a nice place

Offline Banny

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 10:44:19 PM »
 :metal

Offline FallTempest

• Canadian bacon.
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 01:26:55 PM »

All DTF members should yell a predetermined word at the same time at the show, so we know where we all are. 8:03pm we will yell bacon. Or something.  :metal
This is a nice place

Offline Banny

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 03:59:23 PM »

All DTF members should yell a predetermined word at the same time at the show, so we know where we all are. 8:03pm we will yell bacon. Or something.  :metal

Hell yea!
PS: This is the first time I've ever gone to a show alone. Does that smell like material for a meet up?

No?

...Must be the BACON!

Offline FallTempest

• Canadian bacon.
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2011, 10:27:53 AM »

All DTF members should yell a predetermined word at the same time at the show, so we know where we all are. 8:03pm we will yell bacon. Or something.  :metal

Hell yea!
PS: This is the first time I've ever gone to a show alone. Does that smell like material for a meet up?

No?

...Must be the BACON!
:lol :rollin I smell a meet up! Where are you sitting/standing?

This is a nice place

Offline showdonttell

• So energy! Powah!
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2011, 10:07:37 PM »
Meetup sounds cool!
https://www.last.fm/user/kokocijo

So, I'm chasing these doves down the street and she's screaming at the top of her lungs, and then when the magician comes back from Europe, two of them turned brown!  Well I followed the instructions!

Offline Banny

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2011, 08:42:09 AM »

LCF G 15. (Furthest seat on the left centre.)
:hat

Offline FallTempest

• Canadian bacon.
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2011, 02:57:18 PM »

LCF G 15. (Furthest seat on the left centre.)
:hat

Ahh very good! Do you live in Toronto or are you coming in?? Show Dont Tell and I are going together, so we could meet you somewhere before?
This is a nice place

Offline Banny

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2011, 09:12:06 PM »
I live in Newfoundland, so I'll be flying in the day before. Meeting somewhere before sounds great.

Offline FallTempest

• Canadian bacon.
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2011, 09:25:00 AM »
I live in Newfoundland, so I'll be flying in the day before. Meeting somewhere before sounds great.

Wow thats awesome! Okay we'll figure it out and let you know! Ill PM you details once we get our  :censored straightened out!
This is a nice place

Offline Banny

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2011, 11:28:05 AM »

Wow thats awesome! Okay we'll figure it out and let you know! Ill PM you details once we get our  :censored straightened out!

It's become a pretty regular thing at this point. Flew in for the Massey Hall shows on the ToT and Octavarium tours. I've seen DT 3 times outside of that as well in NYC and Montreal. I accepted at a young age that they were never coming near my home.  :(

Offline FallTempest

• Canadian bacon.
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2011, 11:37:43 AM »

It's become a pretty regular thing at this point. Flew in for the Massey Hall shows on the ToT and Octavarium tours. I've seen DT 3 times outside of that as well in NYC and Montreal. I accepted at a young age that they were never coming near my home.  :(

Yeah I suppose you don't have a choice. Didnt Metallica and U2 come down east?
This is a nice place