Author Topic: 2011-10-12 - Beacon Theatre - New York City, NY  (Read 28770 times)

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
Re: 2011-10-12 - Beacon Theatre, New York, NY
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2011, 07:25:10 PM »
After viewing the prices, and hearing about the maudlin of the Well show a week earlier (also the fact that Trivium is opening) I have decided to pass this show up.
How much are tickets? They were 100.00 a ticket for prog 09. Ridiculous.

Cheapest available were 50. I know it's not a lot, but as a poor college student I can only afford to do the shows that are the cheapest/the bands that mean the most to me.
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2011, 12:34:13 AM »
Saw them at the Beacon for prog 09. It was a dead show. Felt like a ghost town in there that night. I think its cause no one cared about the other bands much and DT had already exhausted the area from previous shows.
I'm holding out for a CT date at the Oakdale but if it doesn't happen I'm sure I'll go to the Beacon last minute like I did last time when I got 7th row center the night of the show.

?? I was there and it was a great show... Much better than two nights before in Asbury Park.
Let me be clear, the band was great, the audience was non existent. It was a ghost town in that venue that night. I have never been to a show where the lobby was empty all night. No one buying shirts, beer, etc. No one in the bathrooms. The attendance was poor. That's just a fact. At one point I went out to the lobby for a beer and myself and Eddie Truck were the only souls out there at all. That was strange.

Oh, and my buddy was at Asbury Park and he said the crowd there was quite sad. Nobody showed up to that shit hole.

Oh, well I got there just in time to watch DT and I was pretty drunk, in the very last row in the top section and was going nuts with my buddies.  I guess I didn't realize it was that empty.

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2011, 09:33:31 AM »
Saw them at the Beacon for prog 09. It was a dead show. Felt like a ghost town in there that night. I think its cause no one cared about the other bands much and DT had already exhausted the area from previous shows.
I'm holding out for a CT date at the Oakdale but if it doesn't happen I'm sure I'll go to the Beacon last minute like I did last time when I got 7th row center the night of the show.

?? I was there and it was a great show... Much better than two nights before in Asbury Park.
Let me be clear, the band was great, the audience was non existent. It was a ghost town in that venue that night. I have never been to a show where the lobby was empty all night. No one buying shirts, beer, etc. No one in the bathrooms. The attendance was poor. That's just a fact. At one point I went out to the lobby for a beer and myself and Eddie Truck were the only souls out there at all. That was strange.

Oh, and my buddy was at Asbury Park and he said the crowd there was quite sad. Nobody showed up to that shit hole.

Oh, well I got there just in time to watch DT and I was pretty drunk, in the very last row in the top section and was going nuts with my buddies.  I guess I didn't realize it was that empty.

it wasn't! The show was at 98% capacity. Don't have a clue what tick was talking about.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2011, 03:42:27 PM »

Oh, well I got there just in time to watch DT and I was pretty drunk, in the very last row in the top section and was going nuts with my buddies.  I guess I didn't realize it was that empty.

it wasn't! The show was at 98% capacity. Don't have a clue what tick was talking about.
Not sure what you were smoking? No way was that place 98% full. Not even close. and I never said it was empty. I said it was a ghost town in the lobby for the entire night. There was little juice in the house that night, imo.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 05:09:37 PM by tick »
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline As I Am

• Banned
Re: 2011-10-12 - Beacon Theatre - New York City, NY
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2011, 08:55:09 PM »
^Beacon holds 2,894. My friend who worked in the box office told me that almost 2,700+ tickets were sold for that PN show in '09. Maybe not 98% but that's damn close (def over 90%).

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2011, 11:01:49 AM »
A friend of mine just got a pair of 10th row (F) dead center tickets for the Beacon show :omg: Could it be selling that badly??? :facepalm:

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2011, 09:27:44 AM »
With tickets at almost $100 with service charges I am seriously considering missing this tour or at least this leg of it...I can go to shows at the Starland ballroom for less than $20 bucks
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2011, 11:12:00 AM »
With tickets at almost $100 with service charges I am seriously considering missing this tour or at least this leg of it...I can go to shows at the Starland ballroom for less than $20 bucks
It's definitely a bitter pill to swallow.  Especially considering I used to see them at the Birch Hill for like $20 and I'd be high-fiving James in the middle of the set.  But, considering my concert-going isn't what it used to be in the mid-90's, I suck it up and pay the cash if it's someone I really want to see (which DT definitely is).

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2011, 11:21:18 AM »
It's definitely a bitter pill to swallow.  Especially considering I used to see them at the Birch Hill for like $20 and I'd be high-fiving James in the middle of the set.  But, considering my concert-going isn't what it used to be in the mid-90's, I suck it up and pay the cash if it's someone I really want to see (which DT definitely is).

My problem is I turned my kids onto alot of the music I grew up with DT included, so shows I used to attend alone aren't an option any longer I'm now buying 3 or 4 tickets per show at the current prices unless its a festival (Mayhem/Uproar type shows, even they are cheaper) i'm looking at dropping $400 before I even get into the venue than theres refreshments and shirts, its just gotten 2 expensive for me
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2011, 01:26:27 PM »

My problem is I turned my kids onto alot of the music I grew up with DT included, so shows I used to attend alone aren't an option any longer I'm now buying 3 or 4 tickets per show at the current prices unless its a festival (Mayhem/Uproar type shows, even they are cheaper) i'm looking at dropping $400 before I even get into the venue than theres refreshments and shirts, its just gotten 2 expensive for me

I hear ya, but you don't have to get the 100 dollar tickets, although the "cheap" seats definitely aren't cheap.

Offline WaterToFire

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2011, 12:32:47 PM »
I was going to go to this show, but then the Albany date opened up which is much, much more convenient for me. PM me if you're interested in my tickets.

Offline Ch

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2011, 08:49:52 AM »
I haven't seen Dream Theater since August '09, this should be excellent.  I wish I knew what row / seat I'll be in - but unfortunately, I didn't purchase the tickets.  Should be great though. 

Offline LQDForce

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2011, 02:32:42 AM »
the acoustics are heavenly @ beacon , I'm sure it'll be AWESOME !! 

Now I'm just waiting for reasonably priced tickets to pop back up again...
Gotta watch out for those marked "obstructed view" , Yikes!   :facepalm:

I'm so gonna be there this time!!!

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2011, 10:21:24 AM »
I'm going.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2011, 11:57:08 AM »
I just tickets in the Orchestra row L. That means i'm going to three shows in one week!

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2011, 08:19:28 AM »
I'm glad I decided to get tickets for this show. I can't wait. :metal

Hopefully they will play Connecticut next year.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2011, 09:30:35 AM »
Is anyone planning a DTF pre-show meet and greet?  I expect to be in NYC pretty early.  I took off from work because I'll also be going to the Morristown show the night before. 
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2011, 09:31:41 AM »
I just tickets in the Orchestra row L. That means i'm going to three shows in one week!

How in world is that possible?  I bought tickets the morning they went on sale and the best I got was Row Y in the orchestra.   :-\
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline Mladen

« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2011, 12:00:59 PM »
I'm reading this thread, and I've been wondering, why are the tickets so expensive all of a sudden?

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2011, 12:48:56 PM »

How in world is that possible?  I bought tickets the morning they went on sale and the best I got was Row Y in the orchestra.   :-\
Sadly, most of the time you're better off waiting till the show gets closer if you want good seats. They often screw you on the morning of a sale and give you shitty seats because they can and save better seats to get people on the fence to buy tickets.
I bought 7th row center for the 09 Beacon show two hours before the show.
I got great balcony seats for 40 bucks a week ago for this years show.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2011, 01:49:03 PM »

Stub hub and the crazy thing is they were 2 dollars over face value.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:04:25 PM by tjanuranus »

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2011, 03:07:13 PM »

Stub hub and they crazy thing is thy were 2 dollars over face value.
Anyone who wants a great seat need only show up at the box office the night of the show.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2011, 01:01:53 PM »
Less than a week to go guys :metal I plan on taking the day off so I can spend the afternoon having some food and brews at my favorite bar in NYC
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Cecilia

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2011, 05:16:37 PM »

Anyone who wants a great seat need only show up at the box office the night of the show.

Great, cause I still don't have a ticket.

Offline mocool13

« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2011, 07:16:31 PM »
I've seen a show there at the orchestra section, and it was great, except when people bitched about me standing up.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 07:25:28 PM by mocool13 »

Offline Cecilia

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2011, 07:31:32 PM »
I can't believe you stood at a concert! The nerve!  :lol

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2011, 06:43:25 AM »

Great, cause I still don't have a ticket.
There will be tickets. Good tickets. I got 7th row center in 09. In fact, anytime I buy tickets the night of a show they are usually better than when I buy the morning of a sale.

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2011, 06:59:00 AM »
GREAT tickets are available for the Beacon show on Wednesday. I just got a friend of mine 10th row center seats (3) and after checking again (just out of curiosity) there are still seats available in the first ten rows! Go get 'em!

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2011, 08:23:46 AM »
Two days till the show.  I'm getting pretty damn excited. 
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2011, 10:47:32 AM »
I cant wait. Is there going to be any sort of meet up? Ive never done a meet up with people here, but if people were in the city late afternoon, early evening, i may meet up.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2011, 05:16:34 PM »
I'll be at some bar by around 5:30. Let me know where you peeps will be at.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2011, 09:30:48 AM »
It pains me to read how people are getting amazing seats days before the show, since I bought the morning of the sale and only got Row Y.   I'm happy for you guys.  But sad for me.   I thought the way to get closest seats was to buy right away.  I'll never do that again! lol

I'm gonna be in NYC mad early tomorrow.  I'll check this thread to see where you guys are at.  Maybe I can get me some tick time.

Offline coffees for closers

« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2011, 10:38:55 AM »
Still great seats left for the NJ show, come on down.

Offline air_putih

« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2011, 12:01:10 PM »
So where's the meet-up before concert guys ???

Offline coffees for closers

« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2011, 12:16:26 PM »
At the Jersey show in Morristown. 4th row center is still available. Crazy but true a family member must have bailed.