Author Topic: 2011-10-12 - Beacon Theatre - New York City, NY  (Read 28769 times)

Offline Lionheart1827

Re: 2011-10-12 - Beacon Theatre - New York City, NY
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2011, 05:11:35 PM »
Show last night was sooo awesome. Great setlist, too, although I would've preferred Metropolis in there some where, but thats OK.

Mangini was so good and they all seemed to be totally on point as usual. Awesome.  :tup

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2011, 05:13:06 PM »
OK, slight change of plans since it looks like Jen won't be able to make it. I will be heading in at about 2:30, and hopefully at Port Authority for 3. I'm then proceeding to my usual NYC bar, the Rattle n Hum for a late lunch. It's at 14 East 33rd, right off of 33rd and 5th. Then I'll head up to St. James Gate around 5:30-6. I'm about to PM tick and mebert my cell # and if anyone else wants to contact me I'll be checking DTF on my phone during the trip.
Sorry I couldn't make it to the bar. My buddy got hung up and didn't get into the city till way late.

What a show last night!

What a hangover today. Time to get ready for work. Yuk!

I was looking forward to experiencing tick in person.  Maybe next time!
I was disappointed. I love seeing peeps at meetups.  Its half the fun of going to a show. Next time!
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2011, 07:40:14 PM »
We really should've taken a group pic.  There was a bunch of us there hanging out in the venue before and after the show.  It would've been a cool thing to do.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline ZeppelinDT

• Resident Collectaholic
  • EZBoard Elder
  • Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!
« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2011, 08:08:24 PM »
Its half the fun of going to a show.

Seriously.  I had actually forgotten just how much fun that part of it was.  I just just as much fun last night hanging out w/ all you peeps as I did watching the show.

Offline Cirone328

« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2011, 03:51:22 AM »
I've never understood the sit-stand issue. Apparently if I'm sitting down at a concert, I'm not enjoying myself. I need to be standing and apparently have to headbang. Anybody who doesn't isn't having a good time and shouldn't be there. Honestly, I sit down in the balcony at DT shows and have a damn good time. I air drum sometimes, and enjoy myself.

Thank you.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2011, 08:28:04 AM »
Its half the fun of going to a show.

Seriously.  I had actually forgotten just how much fun that part of it was.  I just just as much fun last night hanging out w/ all you peeps as I did watching the show.

Same here with the S.F. show.  I actually wish we had gotten there earlier and spent more time just hangin' out.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."